ps4-tan-vs-xb1-tan

Microsoft has confirmed the happy news that its new Xbox One console will not be released in Japan or the rest of the lucky “tier 2” world in 2013, asking only that this fantastic announcement not be reported “too negatively.”

Though for some reason Microsoft Japan avoided mentioning the matter of the Xbox One’s Japanese release in its fiscal 2014 press conference, when interviewed directly their CEO did confirm what all Microsoft’s other announcements curiously neglected to mention – and to avoid ruining all the suspense they also masterfully declined to provide any firm date:

Well, for Japan the Xbox will be Tier 2 rather than Tier 1, so it will be part of the second wave of launches, and delayed a little from the North American launch.

The Xbox One is really planned as being based on a North American lifestyle, so whether it will be launched like that in Japan is a matter for further consideration.

With all the music and video entertainment services, Microsoft as a whole has to establish what to prioritise for each country. Honestly, we couldn’t really just release it as is in Japan.

[…]

It’s being billed as both a device and a service. I can’t help but think it would not be possible for Microsoft Japan to establish a content delivery system for everything from games to music and video, both technically and in terms of scale?

Well, the rights, you know – especially music, really…

What about releasing it without music? Personally I see MS Japan having more luck with video than music…

We’ll have to see how things go in the US proper.

[Similar “it depends on the US” answers follow]

So you’re saying it all depends on how things pan out for MS in the North American market?

So, Japan’s launch is Tier 2. Tier 1 is November, so there is no chance of a 2013 release in Japan?

Right. It’ll be some time after.

How long will those who want to play it have to wait then?

It won’t be delayed from the US that much.

Will this delay be measured in years?

No way! But we’re still in planning.

The interview concludes with MS entreating them “to please not write too negatively about today’s press conference” – although why they thought the Japanese or other Tier 2s would respond negatively to such happy news is far from clear.

Comment by Rya
    23:26 02/07/2013 # ! Quality (+1.0)

MS: "Fuck you! But in a good way!"

Comment by Uber
    04:22 05/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

So far there have been at least 2 or 3 articles trolling MS for doing the exact same thing that Sony is doing, which was breaking news weeks ago. Around the same time it was announced that MS would have a staggered release.

Comment by Uber
    04:32 05/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

The last one was a month ago, and I knew it was uninformed crap then. A month later and both the author and the commenters are jabbering away in their own little universe where MS scorns Asians by making the exact same business decisions as Sony.

-_-

The Xbone has problems, but being mean to Asians isn't one of them. The fact that Asians and e-pals already want to feel like victims, reality be damned that's the problem.

00:40 04/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Zero fucks where given that day.

00:19 03/07/2013 # ! Good (+0.8)

"based on a North American lifestyle"... I'm from Europe.... and I hate social networking, streaming services, pay-to-download (pay for data only), etc.

"being billed as both a device and a service"... I want a f***ing GAMING CONSOLE, nothing else! If I wanted any services, I'd use them on the PC... but even there I don't use that stuff.

Seems like the North American lifestyle is not for me. Though Europe has basically the same shit, only with different names lol

00:56 03/07/2013 # ! Good (+0.8)

I'm in the United States and I HATE that shit too.

/stupid casuals ruining it for the rest of us

01:17 03/07/2013 # ! Good (+0.8)

I too am American and i despise social networking. I have a twitter and a linkedIn but that's about it. I will never get a Facebook. I think its stupid that so much emphasis is being placed on social networking nowadays.

10:16 03/07/2013 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I have no facebook. I've never used it.
    I have no twitter. I've never used it.
    I have no linkedin. I've never used it.
    I have no instagram, no myspace, no blog, no livejournal, NOTHING.

Because I KNOW NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT WHAT I ATE FOR LUNCH. WHY SHOULD THEY?

And I have no interest in basing my gaming around it. Companies like Microsoft need to stop cramming all this extra shit that has nothing to do with gaming into their consoles. Or at least make a version without all that shit so those of us who have no interest in it don't have to pay extra for crap we'll never use.

12:54 03/07/2013 # ! Good (+0.7)

Quite the busy social life you have there, Taylor, that it let you to post loads of comments everyday here of all places.

22:36 03/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Haha oh wow, can't tell if you're really this retarded or just the most sophisticated troll ever.

By the way, thinking of and typing this reply took me like 15ms (minus spell checking; I never make spelling mistakes and therefore don't need it) initially, but I had to type it again slower so that the keyboard controller could keep pace. Shit happens to me all the time.

23:23 03/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

OMG! It's like a smart phone that needs a TV!

18:58 04/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I don't trust sharing my personal life with anyone that dishes out information to the government without a warrant.

Fuck Twitter & fuck Facebook.

18:32 15/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

You just have autism taylor. Being a multitasking spaz and an autistic sociopath lacking empathy makes you nothing bur the IRL Simpsons comic book guy.

05:59 03/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

"the AMERICANS did this and this...how can AMERICANS do this...." it's a little bit like this in Germany. And sometimes I say also "yes..how can THEY do this?" But THE AMERICANS do not excist, they are a lots of different people...what we discuss is the "NRA" or the "US politics" and we germans knowing best that Merkel does alot except what the people want here.

About consoles: going online with my console to play my games is also for me just dirt. NOBODY ask for that. Its because of the companies, want to controle us more and more. It would be best in their eyes, if we pay and pay and pay, but have nothing in our hands. Everything pure online. Microsoft and other trolls.. my middle finger in your faces!!

Comment by Taylor
    10:57 03/07/2013 # ! Drivel (-1.0)

You guys are missing one thing. Xbox one is not mainly marketing to you social rejects. You guys can still get the same gaming shit that has kept you reclusive for years. They are just also trying to market to people who have lives and friends and care about entertainment and social networking. Please, get over it and stop crying because you are lonely.

Comment by Taylor
    13:01 03/07/2013 # ! Drivel (-1.0)

Unlike you 1254 I can multitask and I think and type very fast and can make a very long posts in under 30 seconds. Yes I timed myself. Since you're surprised by this I conclude you must be a moron that took 20 minutes to write your one long sentence.

This post took me 4 seconds to think of and write by the way including spell check.

Comment by Taylor
    23:46 03/07/2013 # ! Drivel (-1.0)

rly? another person with the retard line?

Comment by Taylor
    23:50 03/07/2013 # ! Drivel (-1.0)

wow anon u posted that like 2 seconds ago and got voted up to quality almost immediately. How many accounts do you have? lmao.

08:52 12/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Because it is PROFIT. PROFIT, PROFIT, PROFIT.

Yes these social websites of hell have infected the gaming industry. Our consoles are no longer games. Now thier subscriptions for movies, for music, for internet-browing and for videos. Ugh. It's nothing BUT profit and for getting casuals to grab the consoles.

All these casual fucks have RUINED gaming. I can't wait until the consoles fall on their asses.

I know right!? God forbid they add extra features to expand their market! Quick, remove the capability to play BR before people riot!

02:27 03/07/2013 # ! Good (+0.7)

Japanese gamers do too. Also most Japanese would probably prefer buying blurays and figurines over paying continuous bills for an extremely shitty Big Brother console.

07:51 03/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Online is NOT free with PS4 either.

18:54 04/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

>Multiplayer is not free
    >The PSN however IS FREE

lol what? So is basic access to XBL. Once more you've made yourself look retarded. Basic service to BXL & PSN will ALWAYS be free because they use both services to sell you additional services like demos, full games, expansions, tv, movies, music, etc.

Don't talk out your ass about how XBL works, when you clearly don't have a clue.

PS4 & XBONE both use the same online strategy; free access to basic services and paid access to multiplayer ONLINE gaming.

Idiot.

Multiplayer is not free: Not that the Japanese use it on Consoles.
    The PSN however IS FREE.

02:04 03/07/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

fun fact, social networking are HUGE in asia, HUGE i tell thee!

03:27 03/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

twitter is lame

02:07 03/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

It is huge everywhere, it doesn't means that putting them on microwaves is a good idea.

12:50 03/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

I'm heating frozen macaroni!

Sent from my iBake 4

03:31 03/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Don't worry, the North American lifestyle as according to M$ isn't for North Americans, either.

03:33 03/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Adam Orth lifestyle

03:50 03/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Specially if you are Mexican. Because Mexico still counts as part of North America, doesn't it?

09:16 03/07/2013 # ! Good (+0.6)

lol bitch tears. America does a far better job at being a powerful nation. When was the last time we had a bitch tear fest over a pile of worthless rocks while moaning about 'historical ownership'? You dumbass fucks have an international pissing contest like a bunch of kids and embarrass yourself even more. Even africa is not that dumb.

Bitch tears. Bitch tears everywhere.

05:55 03/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

...no the U.S. (not abbreviated US, only idiots do that)does not think that they are the only Americans. We are more educated than that (except Alabama). Also to the idiot saying that the U.S. should be nuked... who do you think have the most nukes in the world?

If you want to talk military then here is a fun fact for you racist, national supremacist, close-minded, ignorant bastards: The United States is currently the only country in the world that could hold its own in a war against any other country on the planet; and win against 99% of them. Could Japan last one week against Russia or China without U.S. aid... I think not

It's funny to see all the populations from other countries give the U.S. the middle finger with their right hand, while graciously taking U.S. aid with their left hand. If we are all cockroackes then stop taking our money and asking for the U.S. to help whenever China starts bullying you.

13:38 03/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

05:55

Fucking uS SCUM

Prime example of why these cockroaches are hated anywhere fucking arrogant pricks. FUn thing is that you shitty nation will die by its own hand, when, I may not see or you but it will happen.

Enjoy you supposed supremacy, go back to school and see how other supposed super nations died by theit own stupidity as well!

Fucking USA will die too in time. Worls number onE TRUE ENMY. FUCK USA!

07:28 03/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol, not called US? "The United States of America (USA or U.S.A.), commonly called the United States (US or U.S.) and America"

Also they often call themselves "Americans" and I don't think TV shows like "America got Talent" include Mexico, Argentina, Brazil or other American countries.

09:34 03/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

...less desirable markets are always grouped with larges ones.

Which is why South America is bundled with North America and Australia is bungled with Europe, thou the two are separated by by nearly 13,500 kilometers.

If piracy, crime & poverty weren't so common throughout South America, they'd be acknowledged as their own market. They've certainly got the total population for it.

And in the case of Australia, it's due to their relatively low population. The UK alone has nearly three times the population. Even Canada is more populated. Hell, there are more people living in Syria & Taiwan than there are throughout Australia.

05:55

IF China stopped buying your debt, the US would already be bankrupt, and you don't have the production facilities to sustain your lifestyle since you've long since outsourced everything.

You think your military is strong? Think again: you're throwing men and resources at the Middle East, while China is buying out freaking Africa!

04:34 03/07/2013 # ! Drivel (-0.7)

04:03 03/07/2013 #

True world. Lets nuke those USA coackroackes

04:03 03/07/2013 # ! Drivel (-0.8)

US thinks US is all America.

07:01 03/07/2013 # ! Drivel (-0.8)

no one cares for your States - here discussing console

02:21 03/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

That's unfortunate that you want ONLY gaming. Sour about the fact that no console this generation or the next is like that.

You're some EUROfag and bitch of the United States. You will buy XBOX and enjoy using it or EU parliament and Angela Merkel will pretend to file a complaint.

01:29 03/07/2013 # ! Good (+0.8)

Xbox consoles are inferior anyway..

08:13 03/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

You didn't invite me to your party, but I don't care, cause I wouldn't have come anyway. Also your parties suck.

Comment by Taylor
    11:04 03/07/2013 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

Of course xbox is inferior. Even though technically they are pretty much exactly the same. Playstation is Japanese though so it better YAY JAPAN I LOVE YOU! YOUR GIRLS ARE SO KAWAII THANKS FOR THE ANIMOOSS

PS runs Unix, Xbox runs windows crap. No difference, right...

12:06

I have actual "gorilla hands", with some silly muscle bulges that make holding an Xbox controller really uncomfortable.

20:25 03/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

"PS runs Unix, Xbox runs windows crap"

lol what? Both platforms use a MiniOS, which is just an enhanced BIOS file. Said BIOS image then boots into a custom GUI. Neither system uses Linux, Unix or Windows. And both are PowerPC based, not x86. As in it is impossible for xbox360 to run off Windows, as it is not cost worthy to design a custom Windows OS for it. You fucking idiot.

07:17 04/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

@20:25
    Both the PS3 and 360 have fully fledged OSes. BIOSes don't do fancy stuff like memory and process management.

18:46 04/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

07:17
    What is Extensible Firmware Interface

Comment by Taylor
    23:47 03/07/2013 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

1224 pwnd.

Not everybody who comes here is as obsessed with Japan as you are with microsoft and sucking your own dick. I, personally, have not watched an anime since Black Lagoon was new. I know all about how racist Japanese are (I'm ex-navy, I spent two years in Japan). I own both an XBOX 360, and a PS3.

That being said, the PS4 has roughly 40-50% more performance for in-game lighting effects based off the hardware. It's $100 cheaper. The controller doesn't take gorilla hands to fit comfortably (I have large hands, but my girlfriend can't even play the xbox 360. She's 4'11" and has microscopic hands, has NP on the PS3). The Xbox has all that media shit, which is cool i guess, but be honest... Any American household in the lower middle class or higher probably has at least 3 devices at home that can already do everything it does. Why do you need another? Hell, your phone probably does 90% of it. And with the new processors phones are getting soon, a lot of it will be faster, anyways.

11:10 05/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

your math is shit, it's closer to a 25% difference in graphical power.

Comment by ChaosConsuming
    06:43 07/07/2013 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

@Taylor

As far as I'm concerned I dislike any device that is loaded up with multiple multimedia functions (aside from my PC) since most electronics these days can pretty much do everything.

I have a very Utilitarian approach to things serving a function. I use one device/application to serve one function. I use my PC for most everything I do so I do not really need any other electronics that do the same thing.

I feel the same with consoles, I use them to play games and nothing else. The only determining factor for me when I choose to get the next Gens console will be what the consoles selection of games consists of.

Personally I would prefer if they just made a console that did what the older consoles did, play games and nothing else.

Also on a side note you should refrain from insulting a mans girlfriend, It's very unbecoming.

10:08 05/07/2013 # ! Neutral (0)

says that he doesnt give two shits about the console wars

Talks about the xbox Durango as if its the only reason worth living.

Btw more tears, nice i needed a refill c(_)

Comment by Taylor

Sucking my own dick? If your going to insult me can you do it in a less homoerotic way? I mean just the fact that that idea came into your mind says a lot about you buddy. Better hold on tight to your 'girlfriend' so no one finds out your secret.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What I know is before I had a sankaku opinion on the console wars I looked at them both with no real difference. But I'm a sport gamer and what I did notice yeaarss ago was playing madden on xbox was WAY better than playing on ps3. the graphics looked better and the 'feel of the game' control with the players, ect was better. Madden is the original reason I preferred xbox to playstation but i didnt really give a shit about either as I still dont. But technically the specs on both new consoles are about all the same and so the only real difference will be in the eyes of the individual. You cannot convince me wearing a red shirt is better than wearing a blue shirt saying that the blue shirt gives you a 40-50% performance increase because of the cotton thread count is .5 higher. I doubt the performance difference is a full 40-50% better anyway you're going to have to post some facts for that.

Not all Japanophiles like anime. There are many other types. Music, games, women ect. I bet you asked to be stationed in Japan didn't you? You ARE on a Japanese themed website are you not? Ok then. Is your girlfriend asian btw?

The idea of the xbox one is to simply life by reducing all those other devices and media players so you simply have 'one' thing that does it all. I DONT SEE THE PROBLEM WITH THIS CONSIDERING YOU'RE ALSO GETTING KINET AND A VIDEO GAME SYSTEM, IF YOU DONT LIKE THE EXTRA SHIT IGNORE THE EXTRA SHIT YOU ARE STILL GETTING THE A VIDEO GAME SYSTEM THAT IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD OR AT LEAST INDISTINGUISHABLY COMPARABLE TO THE BEST IN THE WORLD. SO YOU STILL GET A VIDEO GAME SYSTEM PLUS A WHOLE BUNCH OF EXTRA SHIT BASICALLY FOR FREE SINCE THAT 100$ DIFFERENCE WILL GO DOWN AND ITS ONLY 100$ U CANT EVEN BUY TWO NEW PLAYSTATION GAMES WITH THAT. YOU WILL STILL END UP SPENDING THAT 100$ ANYWAY ON SOME PLAYSTATION ACCESSORY LIKE KINECT FOR XBOX OR ON BUYING/UPGRADING ONE OF THE MANY DEVICES TO USE THOSE FEATURES YOU SAID XBOX ALREADY COMES WITH. SO ESSENTIALLY YOU SAVE MONEY WITH THE XBOX AND DONT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE HEADACHE OF ALL THE SEPARATE ENTERTAINMENT MOVIES CABLE AND SOCIAL SHIT YOU HAVE TO KEEP UP WITH AND CAN GET IT ALL IN ONE PLACE.

I'm not obsessed with microsoft. I don't actually give a real shit about either console and no longer own any previous version and dont have any immediate plans to buy either new one. So your fail logic fails.

Children play xbox with small hands just fine. If your girlfriend can't hold a xbox controller its not because her hands are too little, its because you are either dating a toddler, or you're dating a retarded monkey who can't do simple human tasks. That's not a real girl. In either case seek help. That is all.