My parents think that my brother and I have mental issues just because at >30yo we still watch anime.
My mother thinks anything drawn should be “funny” like Tom&Jerry or Looney Tunes, otherwise it’s “boring” and “stupid”. I tried showing her something easy, like Cagliostro or other Miyazaki/Ghibli movies (surely Totoro), but to no avail.
Should I show them Higurashi or Elfen Lied, I’d probably get kicked out of home T_T
To all sankakuers with open-minded parents: lucky bastards!
Recent comments by Shaolan-kun:
- Top 20 Anime of the 21st Century:
Decent? GITS SAC at #37 and no Higurashi no naku koro ni? Sorry, I disagree.
- If My Heart Had Wings Announced:
When I read the title my thoughts were “great, a no-stupid-mosaic-censor version, yeah”. Silly me.
- Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Bondage Moe Anime:
I SO need to watch this.
- Shoko-tan: Aku no Hana “Shockingly Creepy”:
Me too, I know the meme but didn’t see THAT coming!
- Top 25 Seiyuu With The Most Beautiful Voices:
Beautiful voice? Where’s Kikuko Inoue?