Top 10 Anime You’d Like To Watch With Family

nichijou-ahegao.jpg

Although in some circles the notion of “family friendly” late night anime might be considered a contradiction in terms, anime fans nonetheless optimistically supply a ranking of the late night anime they would most like to try watching with family.

The ranking:

1. Tiger & Bunny

2. Nichijou

3. Usagi Drop

4. Ano Hi Mita Hana

5. Working!!

6. Nurarihyon no Mago

7. Natsume’s Book of Friends

8. Nekogami Yaoyorozu

9. Ika Musume

10. K-ON!

Seikon no Qwaser came 25th…

16:52 29/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Watched a lot of anime with my mother. She has been watching One piece for about 4 years now. She also like Gundam and Macross series very much. Strange mother, but I like how we sometimes watch anime together like it's some kind of family movie xD

16:55 29/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

That is awesome. I am a little envious.

18:10 29/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Yeah, me too. And with my sister too. But she´s more picky.

Mai-hime, Clannad, Kanon, Elfen Lied, Macross Frontier, Madoka, Dragon Ball, Sengoku Otome, Higurashi, K-on!,School Rumble are some of the shows that we watched together.

Comment by erochichi
    04:41 30/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Much of anime IS for family viewing. Think Ghibli movies etc.

Comment by daslasher
    10:56 01/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

lol i watch anime with my mom too in fact we watched all of code geass a few days ago and both of us cried :D

07:03 31/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

According to MyAnimeList, my mom's list has a longer "days played" value than mine because she watched all of Astro Boy and Candy Candy before I was born.

I have watched nearly every anime I have seen myself with my mom. She has watched Needless, Golden Boy, The World God Only Knows, Mushishi, Nurarihyon, Working!!, Usagi Drop, Mai Hime, Pandora Hearts, Shakugan no Shana, Yakitate!! Japan, Gurren Lagann, Special A, Umineko, Vampire Knight, Fate/Stay Night, Code Geass, and much more.

She's a really awesome mom. We've been watching currently airing anime and she may even start watching episodes without me when I go back to college in September... if I'm too busy to watch it with her. (She's loving Steins;Gate).

07:04 31/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I must add that watching Golden Boy episode 5 was rather... awkward.

17:01 01/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

My mom is friggin nuts for Bleach and Naruto, I keep trying to open her eyes to the light, to actually good anime, but it is always to no avail.

Comment by Shippoyasha
    18:21 29/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I wish I had cool parents like that. I guess some people just love falling into age-ist stereotypes.

And to think many people in my family used to be gigantic anime fans way in the day. Can't really tell that's the case anymore.

08:11 31/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

My father watches a bunch of anime with me and my brother (about 10 shows each season). My mother doesn't watch anime at all. My old man has always been pretty defiant about keeping up with new things despite aging. My mother does cross-stitch and facebook.

Out of the list presented here, we've watched (or are watching) Tiger & Bunny, Usagi Drop, Working!! and K-On!. Most of the other shows we either didn't like or didn't even look at... Those four are definitely pretty family friendly though.

Comment by soullessman
    16:02 29/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I'm surprised that queens blade didn't make the list

17:26 29/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I watch Queens Blade with my family.

00:11 30/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

i watch aki sora with my sis while we're screwing each other? damn i'm screwed up.

22:36 29/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.8)

in the nude

Comment by S|e|7|e|N
    16:10 29/07/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

Or Elfin Lied and Higurashi

17:41 29/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

My parents watched Elfen Lied. I think they've
    ordered the first DVD of Amazon, probably thinking
    it was a fantasy film. Well apparently they've
    liked it and ordered the remaining DVDs too.
    I've seen Elfen Lied months after them.

We did watch NGE 1.11 and 2.22 together, DBZ, Summer
    Wars, The Girl Who Lept Through Time, some Ranma and
    Slayers back in the day.

20:38 29/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Wow great parents you have!
    mine will not understand matter how much i
    try to explain to them... they think it's kids stuff

23:22 29/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

I started watching Yosuga no Sora with my entire family. Needless to say, we loved it.

23:58 29/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I'm surprised K-ON didn't hit the top on this one.

18:43 29/07/2011 # ! Drivel (-1.0)

your parents are geek, i would disown them.

Comment by Hayate
    16:22 29/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

or the latest Manyuu hikenchou, lol

but i did recommended Angel Beats! and Toradora to my sister and she likes it...

23:33 29/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.8)

Lol I'm pretty sure your sister would be scarred silly of you for a long long time if you shower her KissXSis aha

00:40 30/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Angle Beats was too short as the worst part of that series so characters you'll grow to like really don't get to shine as much.
    Family friendly~~~ I'd suggest the wonderful family get together show 'Shiki'! Exspecially at the end where neighbors truly unite and get 'er done for each other, and help with the use of their tractors to root out pesky varmits at the "farm". The complete ending isn't quite good but the trip is.

16:16 05/12/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

@16:51
    It's animated by the same people who did Clannad, so the animation is better than average. The original concept is unique, the characters are haruhi ripoffs, the plot is alright, theres CUTE ANIME GIRLS SINGING AWESOME MUSIC, theres CUTE ANIME GIRLS TRANSFORMING INTO CUTE KILLING MACHINES....
    Lots of stuff going for it. Watch or it don't.... but make sure you watch it in 1080p

17:06 29/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

There is nothing similar to Angel Beats and it is really good.

17:18 29/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Pft! None of those would get me kicked out of my house. Now things like Ashtarotte no Omocha... That would. Heck, there were moments when I nearly kicked myself out of the house for watching it.

19:30 29/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Angel Beats problem is just Bad pacing, as in too fast pace and nothing is explained right.

19:46 29/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Angel Beats is similar to CLANNAD in a way

Is Angel Beats any good? Because I read about it in Wiki and it looks like peace of crap.
    Which other amine is similar to it?

No KissXSis? xD

01:50 30/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Bible Black too. This list is fail.

Comment by AzureXuchilbara
    06:10 30/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

My mother and I watched "Berserk" (DVD) about 4 years ago when I bought it in Christmas during Amazon's holiday sale...

I swear...

Her eyes were wide as saucers and she was smiling every time Guts (main character) mutilates a poor bastard on the screen with his monster of a sword...

She loves "Berserk" as much as she loves the anime version of "Guyver: Dark Hero", being she was the one who introduced me to the latter (only watched the 2 TV movie versions directed by the same guy who made Power Rangers)...

She's really old-school...In the violence department~

08:42 30/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Did you guys watch Violence Jack together too? LOL

Comment by Cubed
    16:34 29/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

NO.1# K-ON

Comment by miawmix
    16:45 29/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.4)

No, its not ! Finally !!

17:59 29/07/2011 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Heh, but this time, K-on! deserves a higher place. Weird, isnt?

Comment by anotherkonhater
    17:14 29/07/2011 # ! Drivel (-1.0)

FU

22:52 29/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Hater gonna hate

18:11 29/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

No, it should be Seikon No Qwaser. It'll teach young kids and every father how hard it is to be a mother breastfeeding her children.

Comment by Cubed
    21:25 29/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh...Seikon No Qwaser...
    I think the BIG-BREAST will scare kids to death.(The BIG-BREAST scare me as well

Comment by erochichi
    04:39 30/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

My family watches Queens Blade & Seikon no Qwaser regularly.
    Very educational, specially for younger ones!

Comment by Keita
    16:55 29/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

How about Yosuga no Sora with your sister?

Comment by shiroki
    17:30 29/07/2011 # ! Quality (+0.8)

Great way to raise a wincest flag

Comment by Cubed
    21:28 29/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

I better like watch Kiss×sis with my sisters

23:00 29/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

I saw what you did there.

18:10 29/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Didnt worked for me.

Comment by Uncommon0taku
    15:53 29/07/2011 # ! Good (+0.6)

This is a good list & the reasoning that backs it.

While its true that otaku aren't actually bred. If you & your family can enjoy anime. Who cares what anyone else may think.

I'd rather have my daugter into anime than learning to be an exhibitionist on youtube.

Comment by Rally
    22:39 29/07/2011 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

My 14-year-old son absolutely loves anime, and we watch it together all the time. He couldn't wait 'till new episodes of Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka came out last season, and this season he's really into Baka to Test, Kamisama Dolls and SKET Dance. He loved K-ON! (he's a drummer and loves Ritsu) and Haruhi -- he even has an SOS-Dan messenger bag.

I started him off watching GUNDAM when he was very little.

08:44 30/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Something must have gone wrong if he went from Gundam to K-On...

Comment by Benoist
    15:21 01/08/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

yeah, bad parenting at fault ^^

23:00 29/07/2011 # ! Neutral (0)

Can't you have both?