Nintendo and Universal Studios have teamed up in a rather unprecedented collaboration to bring various Nintendo-themed areas to theme parks in Osaka, Orlando and Hollywood, proving that not just worshiped idol groups are capable of overtaking the world-renowned vacation spot.
An announcement video, featuring none other than the beloved Shigeru Miyamoto:
Nintendo have listed a few of the elements the parks will possess by way of their official website:
– Nintendo-themed areas are coming to Universal Studios Japan, Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood.
– These will be expansive, immersive and interactive. They will be highly themed and authentic environments filled with multiple attractions, shops and restaurants.
– Guests will feel as if they are playing inside their favorite games – this time in real life.
– There will be something for everyone – regardless of their age or gaming experience level.
– Planning and creative work on these areas is well underway; they will open separately over the next several years.
Unfortunately more detailed information is currently unavailable, such as when the collaborations will officially begin and the expected flood of Pokemon fans can descend upon the parks.