Hollywood to Rape Bleach

bleach-matsumoto-rangiku-by-tony.jpg

The latest manga to fall into Hollywood’s clutches is Bleach, with Warner Brothers set to release its version of the interminable series in 2014.

Producing the film will be small time nobody Peter Segal, best known for directing such classics as Naked Gun 33⅓: The Final Insult and Get Smart.

He is said to be looking to branch out from inane comedy to supernatural action, and what better way to start than with a manga classic.

Most Hollywood adaptations of anime, manga and game titles so far have been critical failures, often antagonising fans of the originals by substantially changing the story and character of the work, though their box office performance has been more mixed. The chances of a Bleach adaptation bucking this trend seem remote.