Clannad After Story Lauded: “Clannad is Life”

Clannad After Story

Visual novel adaptation Clannad After Story has been highly anticipated by fans, and for good reason it seems, as the title has received universally positive evaluations from fans, being praised by just about everyone inclined to watch it: “Clannad is Life” we hear.

Clannad After Story
Clannad After Story
Clannad After Story
Clannad After Story
Clannad After Story
Clannad After Story
Clannad After Story
Clannad After Story
Clannad After Story

Source.

The animation is excellent, perhaps embarrassingly so considering what more visually demanding anime have to put up with. Voice casting also seems excellent, although they sound rather older than intended in my opinion.

If you can put up with watching a baseball episode, and do not find such anime as this overly soporific, it looks to be an easy recommendation. Of course, Clannad fans will likely need no persuasion to watch this, and will surely not be disappointed.

Poll unavailable.

Comment by nckl
    02:15 11/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

@ Artefact: (Sorry for the late reply. I completely forgot about this thread.) I just didn't want to go off-topic with some potentially long and drawn-out (useless?) Internet argument because it'd be treating this comments section like a message board, that's why I decided to take it somewhere else instead.

Speaking of taking it somewhere else, I'd better send Tyrenol that email I promised him. From his seemingly oversensitive reply to my post, I think he thinks I'm going to send him an email telling him to STFU and GTFO when I'm most likely on his side on a lot of things. (For example, even though I think his initial comment was still a troll, I find it quite funny now. :D)

01:30 08/05/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

"Clannad is life." Actually, I feel that Clannad completed me. I'm a Clannad fan in heart and soul.

08:02 14/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

i really enjoyed the origional, but dunno, cant seem to bring myself to watch this one

Comment by wit
    02:56 04/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

check out tyrenol's work:

Comment by Tyrenol
    07:18 04/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Thanks for promoting we, Wit.

Now let's see what you can do instead of hurling insults at me.

Comment by wit
    16:08 04/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Let's see what you can do without being contradictory about it in a month

...nothing!

Comment by Artefact

Nckl, you're welcome to take things as off topic as you like in the comments, there's no particular reason not to.

I think it's quite healthy to criticise even popular titles (though even I feel I have to be careful dealing with the likes of Lucky Star and Haruhi), though in this case whatever the fans are like, it seems the title itself is pretty difficult to fault critically, not that it's really to my taste.

Riling devotees must have its entertaining points too.

Comment by Tyrenol
    23:56 06/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Huzzah, Artefact. But let's not pigeon-hole the person with a differentiating opinion too soon.

I'm not "riling devotees" out of the enjoyment of seeing the otaku scatter around like ants.

I'm stating my opinions, to paraphrase The Rock, BECAUSE KEY AND KYOTO ANIMU ABSOLUTELY SUCK.

I wouldn't have this "one-man campaign" against them if those two companies weren't responsible for being like the creators of "The Simpsons" and "South Park" in the US. Cliched and low-brow humor, even though the animation is better (and in terms of these guys, Godly) is still cliched and low-brow humor. _&_ it's popular since not everybody knows and understands that "whatever's popular doesn't mean that it's _good_."

So yeah. I wish for the day that "brain cells" can be used once again. :(

11:55 10/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That makes no sense, to become popular in the first place it would have to be good
    and that is the reason it's popular, it has great animation (gotta love the eyes) and the story is quite good
    If you don't like it why are you here on an article about it, don't watch it if it's that bad

Comment by wit
    06:44 05/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

you're too funny. never stop.

Comment by Tyrenol
    05:01 05/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

We're talking about Clannad, right?

I would love to see your email, nckl. I would also love to see the rule of this site that says "You're Not Suppose To Have An Honest And Differentiating Opinion On A Franchise Nearly Everyone Likes."

It's been said that "Clannad Is Life." I said that whoever uses the term "[Blank] Is Life" had usually been used by those who don't have a life.

So the best way to shut me up is to prove me wrong. This show featurs a character named Youhei Sunahara who's a jerk and gets his rear handed to him by nearly everybody. The creators of Key could've avoided creating this character... But this dating sim, and everything based, had gained a lot of popularity; too much in my opinion.

I've done my research: The main fans of companies like Key, KyotoAnimu, on down are NEETS and hikkikomori. They give up on trying to be a positive cog in life, have nothing to live for except to call the next animu girl their "waifu."

Prove ME wrong. Who's stronger? You? Or some animu based on some visual novel?

Comment by Tyrenol
    23:55 04/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

YOU start doing something more productive, and _I_'ll stop contradicting myself.

Deal?

@nckl - This ain't no joke. KyotoAnimu's got God-like animation skills and whataretheydoing? -_-;

Comment by nckl
    01:52 05/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

@ Tyrenol- I think I understand what you're getting at, but I'd like to clarify a few things with you first. Instead of carrying on the conversation here and derailing the comments thread even more (I doubt ol' Artefact likes his commenters to go way off topic about stuff), I'll try to send you an email and go from there. Hope you don't mind. :D

Comment by Tyrenol
    00:26 04/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Indeed.

"Clannad is Life."

Because, apparently...

Clannad fans.

Have.

None.

Comment by Smiling Magician
    04:35 08/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

oi, i resent that comment. i cast my self as the self-appointed representative of clannad fans, and i have loads of life. i mean i'm a student in university with an ex-model girlfriend and a supreme happiness in my soul. i think i have a great life.

as for clannad itself, it may be the weakest of the three big Key visual novels, but it's still very funny but most importantly it's heart wrenching. nothing as depressing as AIR but still, heart wrenching

18:25 04/12/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

I beg to differ. Of all of Key's Titles, this stands as one of the best 3 for a fleshed out story with a moral that reflects on life (and family for clannad's case. #2 in my list...Angel Beats is #1 for most "weepy" moments and Kanon (2006) is #3 for most heartwrenching mystery)

05:16 19/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Shit.

Yeah, and Kyoani fans and neets and hikkikomori, just like YOU. What the fucks your problem anyway? Talking about this lowly fanboy bullshit as if it maters to anyone? We all know you are a pathetic 34 year old loser, with a dead end job who's probably never going to score. Why the fuck are you trying to insinuate that you are somehow better than everyone else because you write X-rated self insert fanfiction about titles like Love Hina, Hand Maid May and To heart as opposed to titles like Clannad and air? Your just digging your own grave, fucker.

16:18 27/02/2010 # ! Neutral (0)

No, you, sir, have none as you haven't seen Clannad. Please understand.

Comment by Persocom-san
    02:03 04/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

you're one to talk.

Comment by Mk200114
    01:58 04/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm only watching it 'cause my friend is. Yeah, his and my taste in anime totally differ.

Comment by kusakabemisao
    23:59 03/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

kotomi talked a lot more than before ><

Comment by aireheru
    21:49 18/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

and her violin is back.....lol

Comment by Kurogane
    00:11 04/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Baseball never looked so fun!

Comment by Quen
    03:09 04/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Loved it, and glad to be able to see darling Nagisa again

Comment by nckl
    15:52 04/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Just saw this episode, and although I didn't think the episode itself was that great, I still think it's great just to see Clannad back. I'm looking forward to the rest of this season. (Great to see the poll is so one-sided too. :D)

@Tyrenol - Man, I sometimes love some of your rants and comments on other blogs, but seriously, what the hell is up with the lame trolling? Even as a joke it's still lame.

Comment by ChosunMeister
    02:36 11/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

Seems like he goes through periodic manic phases. Bipolar disorder?

Comment by mark
    15:43 04/10/2008 # ! Neutral (0)

>_< I cant wait to see it. I really want to see what happens to Fuko.