As the season nears its mid-point, users of anime merchandise giant Animate have seen to ranking the most well received shows of summer 2015 – with moe and slice-of-life reigning supreme as Working!!! effortlessly nabs the top spot.

The ranking, which was conducted from July 9th to July 29th:

18. Ushio and Tora

19. God Eater

20. Hetalia the World Twinkle

21. Classroom ☆ Crisis

22. Makura no Danshi

23. Wooser’s Hand-to-Mouth Life Anime Season 3

24. Actually, I am (Jitsu wa, Watashi wa)

25. Monster Musume

26. The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls season 2

27. Overlord

28. Chaos Dragon

29. Sky Wizards Academy

30. Gatchaman CROWDS Insight

31. Symphogear GX

32. To Love-Ru Darkness 2nd

33. Wakaba Girl

34. Aquarion Logos

35. My Wife is the Student Council President!

36. Wakako-zake

37. Miss Monochrome S2

38. Suzakinishi THE ANIMATION

39. Dragon Ball Super

40. Fate / kaleid liner Prisma ☆ ​​Ilya Zwei Hertz!

41. Danchigai

42. Teekyuu! season 5

43. Bikini Warriors

44. Million Doll

45. VENUS Project

05:14 04/08/2015 # ! Good (+0.6)

otherwise known as a list of anime in random order

09:19 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

As expected of from a list on Sankaku.

07:00 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Bikini Warriors at 43? It have so fucking great aniamtion! it should be #1!

09:11 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I would've ranked Monster Musume a little higher just because it's a little different take on the usual harem crap. At least this time we have a male lead who isn't afraid of sex because he's a beta loser but instead it's the fact that servicing the girls in his harem might really kill him.

10:54 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

The end result is the same, so once you get over the initial wow-factor that a harem anime had a slightly different reason for its characters to not have sex, all that's left is a show that doesn't really take advantage of the fact that it's about monster girls, and is just another harem series.

17:06 05/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

i'll take anything better than to-fucking-ru any day now

05:12 05/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

but its hilarious...

23:19 05/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

If you like it, that's fine. But it's pretty average in all departments, all things considered. There's a lot of comedies this season that people are finding funnier.

17:25 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

But isn't the whole harem girls going to kill him kinda normal.

11:34 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

looks like some people needs an anna chasing their ass to know how good shimoneta is

23:12 05/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Shimoneta's great... if you like shows for 6th graders. So they shove a hentai scene into a mildly ecchi anime and everyone goes nuts for it. Even Beavis and Butthead was more substantial as social commentary.

11:38 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Akagami no Shirayukihime is freaking boring, even for shoujo standards. Saori Hayami's lack of voice variety makes it even duller.

15:54 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow Junjou romantica got number 13. Much higher than Dragon Ball Super.
    I'm amazed. Sancom....

13:12 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

45 Series...

Perhaps the problem with anime lately is that there is too much emphasis on the sheer number.

I would prefer less series and more High-Quality shows over Mediocre shows but large quantities.

This season leaves me kind of dry of really interesting series. Some of them started off interesting, but died after episode 2. Others are same-old same-old. While others are turning out plain out boring. I haven't been this bored of an anime season in quite some time.

Or am I the only one thinking this?

Comment by Octopi
    06:22 05/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree too, the number of animes per season keeps rising, yet we get more and more terrible series not worth a watch. and you arrive to the point where you think you are wasting your time when trying new anime.
    and i have come to the point where I watch some shows in fast forward.

16:54 05/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

What the fuck is the point of watching a show in fast forward. Why even bother watching something at that point?

no you're not. it becomes more and more and even more crap. many years ago there were half in number but much more quality in content. it's going down for years and my interest is going down too. i'm just watching two or three shows per season.

12:31 06/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Think maybe anime just isn't your thing anymore? People like you will never be satisfied unless every anime airing is Ghost in the Shell. Hell, even if something objectively praised comes out your standards are so absurd that it's impossible for you to enjoy anything.

People always expect anime to be a high art form when a lot of it is and always has been good dumb fun.

12:49 06/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Nah, it's not just him. Anime has become more marketing-driven recently (even if it has been that way basically since its inception). It has settled into that creative rut common to mediums like Hollywood films in the mid-to-late 90s. With luck, it will recover soon, but until then we'll all just have to be placated with a few so-so anime that we zealously pretend are better than they really are (especially if we're not Japanese, since they're catering less and less to non-Japanese viewers as their profits become their primary motive).

05:13 05/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Prison School in top 5. Good.

05:18 05/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Animate always feels more aimed at the ladies these days. I wouldn't take the list entirely to heart.

07:07 05/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Other than the new Haruhi/Yuki nothing interested me this summer.

06:34 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Is THIS list any indication as to why any of the actually GOOD series this season never see their second seasons?

01:03 05/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

that's the fate of all good shows for years.

06:43 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Why Overlord so low? It should be competing with GATE for god sake.

16:28 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

heavily censored GATE can't even come close to ainz-sama's level

07:44 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

As usual, the ranking is crap !

07:27 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

School-Live! is 14th place? Now I'm just sad...

06:11 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

->Charlotte in 5.
    ->Dragon Ball Super in 39.

Bad list

06:26 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

DB at 39? but that's right anon that where the dragons balls belong if not lower!

08:15 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Because clearly people believe this show doesn't need a revival. Sure people will support movies, because they're self contained stories, but rehashing old material is just lazy. Deserves the 39.

12:32 06/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

And a blatant ripoff like One Piece can continue to exist even now then?

22:45 10/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

blatant ripoff? the duck you talking about? it's arguably one of the best shonen anime/manga of all time .

08:19 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Dragon Ball Super, is that the show with that stupid cat thing?

05:05 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

All this plebeian taste...

06:29 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

good job learning a new word

08:55 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

"New word"? That meme has been going for years at this point.

Your attempt at being condescending has utterly failed. Pack your bags and head back home.

Comment by Chris
    05:02 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I like her dead eyes. A soulless husk that exists for pleasures of a parfet.

Comment by Kaarme
    05:11 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Another fail list from Japan. Easily one of the best shows of the season, Overlord, is #27. A complete snorefest like Charlotte is #5. I guess even the pacifistic Japanese have enough patriotism to vote highly the celebration of naive natiolism Gate. Seeing how Working is #1, if they had instead animated more of the much better Servant x Service, it would have been the mysteriously venerated by the Japanese number zero instead of mere #1.

I won't complain about Shirayukihime's position. I love the manga and the anime delivers as well.

05:25 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

To be fair, Working season 3 is actually very good so far, especially compared to the past two seasons. Though I wouldn't expect anyone who thinks Servant x Service is actually better to know what they're talking about, especially if they deride Charlotte for being a borefest while praising the equally tedious Shirayukihime.

Comment by Kaarme
    14:34 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I have no problems with Working s3. It's actually getting somewhere, which is something nobody could say about the second season. However, SxS was strong all the way through, with quite clear progress.

The problem about Charlotte is that the characters suck. They first introduced a kickass main character, but then almost immediately reduced him to a 100% passive loser. The female lead was annoying from the beginning and she's not even cute, which is exceedingly strange from Key.

17:33 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

"They first introduced a kickass main character, but then almost immediately reduced him to a 100% passive loser" +1

I like charlotte but you´ve a point there.

02:39 05/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

The fact that you seem to truly think that SxS was "strong" all the way through shows how pointless it is to discuss this - you happen to like it more than it deserves, and dislike Working more than it deserves. That is all.

22:53 10/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

so why do you think SxS was "not strong" then? i love both SxS and Working . they are funny all the way to the end . maybe just not to your taste of comedy? people have different opinions you know, you shouldnt think of yourself as like a real expert on anime so stop saying "I wouldn't expect anyone who blabla" or "The fact that you seem blabla".

16:27 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

the only problem i have with working s3 so far is the obviously degraded animation quality especially when compared to s2, as well as souma somewhat undergone a personality change from a calm manipulating bastard to an annoying pushy prick

10:30 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

To be honest, Working is the most boring show on the face of anime earth. But it goes to show that those Type B anime viewers who like slice of life and romance all the damn time never support the unique shows. Pardon my salt, its been piling up for some time now.

17:07 05/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

minors should just shut the fuck up

13:54 05/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I wasn't calling you a type B, only speaking in general and quite loosely just to get my opinion out there.

Though I will say that the recent UBW doesn't take the cake. I've gone on a "classic anime from the 80's" binge and have come across quite a few gems in the boring department, oh boy the throne has been taken. Many times. Trust me I know true boring and the feeling has already passed. Couple that with my personal tastes and Working plus other shows like it are up there on my list of "Do Not Watch" anime. It all just comes down to personal preference and it seems I am in the minority, based on your opinions and the results of this list. Nothing but a bunch of sheep in a herd. No offence to you.

10:51 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh it's ok, you're free to vent. I find it kinda charming when I'm called a type B whenever I say I like a "type B" anime, and similarly find it amusing when I'm called a type A for liking a "type A" anime. I simply happened to slog through Working and found it mildly charming and funny. This season has been quite a welcome upgrade from the previous ones so far. Maybe if Servant x Service was good enough to get three seasons, it would grow on me too, but I doubt it. It and Shirayukihime are also type B shows that are the further things from unique.

As for Working being boring... well, you're clearly lucky that you haven't found the truly boring anime out there. The recent UBW was so tedious I fell asleep several times marathoning it, when I wasn't rolling my eyes at how childishly serious it was trying to be. It's all a matter of taste, after all, and as we all know "everyone's taste in anime is shit". I don't think it's worth the salt just because you haven't seen enough anime yet to know how derivative and boring the shows you're watching really are. Treasure that feeling. It won't last.

05:57 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Care to explain what is so good about Charlotte? Don't get me wrong, I like watching it - I just don't get the hype around it.

06:37 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

i think its more of a expectation towards any key franchise. It usually starts slow and non important with lots of randomness stuff and ends up as a fucking crying machine butchering any and all emotions you have...

07:39 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

It's because it's a Key anime. People love their formula so much it's like watching babies take to their bottles, or people watching yet another Paranormal Activities film. If you're not into it, Charlotte won't win you over.

09:16 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

What's Key?

09:03 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

What hype are you talking about? I've never even heard of Charlotte until one it was on the TT website..

08:16 04/08/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Put it this way. If Key made a Free! Visual novel, the anime adaption will be top 5 for Japan in both genders. People will take hard gay if Key do it.