Hatsune Miku: Meltdown

miku-meltdown

Kagamine Rin’s classic “Meltdown” MAD recieves yet another remix. This time sung by none other then fellow Vocaloid Idol Hatsune Miku.

The video has currently climbed all the way up to #2 on the NicoNico Daily Charts with over 44,000 views.

The original version featuring Kagamine Rin:

See also the Violin remix:

09:33 18/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

That miku art is gorgeous I want more pics.

Comment by Nygren
    Comment by woo
    20:21 14/03/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

where can i get this, this is awesome?

Comment by Muzaffar
    03:11 18/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow.... I liked this a lot. Even if this song doesn't suit Miku or that her voice is being drowned by the beat but hey, it is something different and I like it. The trance remix is good, but would be awesome if someone like REDALiCE or DJ Sharpnel (or anyone for that matter) would make a "hardcore" mix of this song...... =D

Comment by metatron
    01:42 18/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

awesome song and i loved it <3 <3 <3

23:15 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hmm I thought that only fission reactors have Cherenkov Radiation (the blue glow). Oh well :D

Comment by Chris
    01:40 18/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Eh, I gotta say, I wasn't fond. the way the remixed into an upbeat ambient techno song didn't suit the vocals very well at all.

That aside Kagamine Rin is just a better singer and more delicious piece of caek.

17:30 06/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I really like the techno remix of this song, though I can kind of see what everyone's saying about Miku's voice. I also like the Rin art as it fits the tone of the lyrics, though making Miku more of an observer in her version was kinda cool too. I like the dark lyrics of the song and would listen to both vers regularly.

14:11 26/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

The first few notes of Miku's remix eerily reminded me of The X-Files. So do the few notes after the chorus.

The Miku Hatsune phenomenon that stormed the internet kinda deserves a place in the X-Files, er..., files. ;-P

Comment by TsundereWorks
    07:27 24/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

miku's really good for techno songs, no doubt. incarnation and plug out were two really good songs, but this...

her voice needs more power. you can clearly notice that the music is covering her voice.

maybe a kagamine remix instead?

btw, awesome 3d, still trying to look for a way to extract the file.

20:11 06/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You can download the Rin version of this song at:

You can also find the Lyrics and a karaoke version of the song on their site (with and without backup harmonies).

If anyone finds a link to the remix please share.

Comment by Ocean
    13:15 11/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

would be better if it was as fast as the original.

20:01 11/06/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

MIKU FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Luffink
    19:37 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow... I came here expecting the same song with Miku´s voice slapped over it, but this is a really nice remix

Comment by iapfah
    12:53 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

No. The original is vastly superior; Miku's voice isn't meant for songs like this.

Comment by Zelgadis4tw
    19:09 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree, the original was better...not so much for the voice, though that is a good reason, I didn't feel like the BGM was a good choice to fit in Miku. They also didn't make Miku's voice the centerpiece of the song like the original was. Miku's voice seemed rather drowned out to me with the higher tones in the remix that wasn't in the original.

I was also exceedingly disappointed in Miku's HYAAAA @ 4:43.

Comment by iapfah
    19:30 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Well that's what I'm saying. She's meant for more poppy songs, and Rin's is slightly stronger, which works perfectly with such a heavy background. I'm not a big fan of Miku songs because she sounds very robotic (especially when she sings faster than quarter notes), but Rin's sounds more real, with a trace of synthesis that sounds almost like a vocoder; something that really works with this song. Also, I don't like how they changed the beat from a kind of breaks rhythm to the standard four-on-the-floor used in so many J-pop songs.

And I hadn't even listened the whole way, but you're right.

Comment by Fjiorea
    Comment by lance-ps
    13:37 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

anyone know where or how to download this? ps real player doesnt work for me that is ; ;

Comment by lance-ps
    16:03 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

ok let me sya this again realplayer works on download i can play the file but i can not convert the file to anything else or i only get some of the file not all of it when i converter it.

Comment by Jarmel
    12:52 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Where does your reactor?

13:12 12/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Um...I'm presuming that they mean "where IS your reactor"...maybe "WHAT is your reactor" perhaps lol

Comment by Guyveramai
    12:50 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

"She said to me. Where does your reactor?"

I'd like to know myself.

Comment by Shanyy
    23:05 24/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think she's accidentaly 93 Mb of .rar files, but I'm not sure.

Also, the music of the original is better, but Miku's voice fits better to this melody. Not bad, not bad at all.

13:09 12/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Wrong,love the original rin version for it's ambience.Its Rin's voice that makes the song what it is,since Miku's is much more sharper especially when it reaches the high pitched areas

Comment by Fariz Asuka
    12:04 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I really love the remix version as I find song is very catchy.. Awesome song indeed.. ^^

Comment by M-Gay
    12:07 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Nice. will wait now for a Megurine Luka version

13:07 12/08/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm interested in a Teto version,just for interest sakes hahaha = v =

Comment by takuya13
    12:17 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

again he plays it amazingly....

Comment by Loz
    13:54 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Whoa, the violin guy is sick!! He has some serious skill. His violin looks pretty cool too.

I would also appreciate it if anyone could let me know if there is anywhere I could download this song from please!?

Comment by pus2meong
    15:27 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

IF you using IE, play the video until completed and then click tool->Internet Option, on browsing histry, click setting and the click view Files button to open temp internet folder

Find the big files using the internet address field, you'll see niconico.jp domain(this video size is 44mb or more), copy to other location. If no extension, just use FLV as the extension.

Comment by pus2meong
    15:30 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Replace "IF you play the video until completed, you will not find the file, remember that."

with:
    "IF you DID NOT play the video until completed, you will not find the file, remember that."

Damn typos... >.<

Comment by t//B
    15:03 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Miku's voice is way too airy for this kinda song.

Comment by Anon
    00:09 18/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

agreed, and it just doesn't sound good enough.

Comment by trygle12
    15:04 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Why are all the videos just links now?

Maybe something r=wrong with my set-up :/

Comment by Quen
    15:50 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I believe the problem you're describing had something to do with your browser's security settings - search "referrer" under Search and you should find an explanation of what to fix under the first Nico threads.

Comment by pus2meong
    15:32 17/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe, no problem here. And I can download the files