Fate Unlimited Codes Gets PSP Port

Fate_UC_PORTABLE

Capcom’s 3D fighting game rendition of the series Fate-Stay Night will be ported over to the PSP, and is set for release next June.

In June of last year the game was released in arcades, and became exceptionally popular, later receiving a PS2 port. This earlier port is of course also the source of Figma Saber Lily; the game and figure are still available for those yet to acquire them.

This new version will have support for wifi battles and feature additional costumes for each character.

Screenshots are visible below:

fuc-2

fuc-3

fuc-4

fuc-5

fuc-6

The sale price for the game is still pending.

Via Mainichi.

Comment by MaidNiac
    18:38 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I wouldn't really mind graphic decrease if they finally added Caren Ortensia into the playable character list or at least give us 3D models with panties. None of the girls in FUC (arcade and PS2 version) "wear" panties, i believe..

Comment by Citrus
    16:29 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

This is great. I wanted to play Fate/Unlimited Codes, but I didn't want to bother hacking around with my PS2. I can just buy this for my PSP, plug it in and play. All hail region-free gaming!

Comment by Xerovlade
    17:47 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

WHOO HOOO!... finaly I've been waiting for a Fate/Stay night game for the PSP...

seems similar to fatal:fake for some odd reason...

Comment by Actar
    16:28 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

More negativity abound in this thread. Seriously, Crusis Fatal Fake is a good game and this is just as good due to the fact that the two playing styles is very different.

Since one can easily get a PSP game for free, I'm not complaining and am really looking forward to getting this great game for my PSP.

Comment by lolipedofin
    03:53 16/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Meh.

On the PS2 and Arcade, this game is painful. Those combos seen in the videos only LOOK easy, but doing them is completely different... I can't even imagine playing this with that PSP dpad..

07:06 29/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I remember playing it on psp few years ago. Is it some kind of sequel?

Comment by Kentai
    08:29 16/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Fatal Fake is like less than half of the PS2 version in my opinion. But anywais, time to get the psp version now lol. If only i know how to do that ita psp cover thingy heh

Comment by metatron
    12:35 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I have a feeling that a Saber Lily Nendoroid will be a special for those who will pre-order this...

Comment by Xelotath
    15:15 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope it's not the case, I won't buy this game for the PSP as well. I like the PS2 version but not enough to bring it with me on PSP(My PSP battery is dead anyway).

Comment by Icy-nee-san
    12:05 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I prefer CRUCIS FATAL FAKE but w/e floats your boat PSP ppl

Comment by KazeTsukai
    08:26 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

after fate tiger coloseum and upper now unlimited code on PSP, it's cool, cant wait for saber lily =o

Comment by Cat Megex
    09:11 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol Engrish. "Refrect Guard".

Comment by maxchain
    08:09 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

A fighting game?! Well, I'm sold. Time to start reading Fate/stay night, whatever it is.

Comment by vitrium
    09:13 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

or you can just play the original game (psssst its an eroge)

Also made into an anime devoid of any ero, only a bizzare dragon when saber is "reenergized" lol

Comment by Ararara-ra
    10:25 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

They have a clean version (Ataraxia) so it can be played without the ero parts plus voices.

Comment by SnooSnoo
    11:53 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Ataraxia was the sequel. The "clean" version is Fate/stay night on the PS2. The PC/original F/SN is an eroge.

Comment by Marine-RX179
    10:28 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Jeeezz, thanks for reminding me of the anime version mana recharge scene...it was something that I was hoping to forget lol

Comment by KiNA
    12:59 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

How can you ever forget the dragon scene!!!!!

Comment by Xelotath
    15:11 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I forgot about this so I got curious and watched it, why the hell did I do that. Why couldn't they do their ero stuff but skip to the next day once it starts.

I wonder how Realta Nua deals with that scene.

Comment by lolipedofin
    05:22 16/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I think that dragon scene was making much more sense... mana 'recharge' was just too far fetched in my opinion.... I just can't begin to imagine how Ilya supposed to recharge Berserker when shit happens....^^

That Dragon scene is actually what took place during Realta Nua... and i think, given the choice, Nasu would probably opted for scenes at Realta Nua, including that dragon-scene over all the ero-scenes in the PC version... it's just that they need to sell, and unquestionably, ero sell.

22:34 01/07/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

>>I just can’t begin to imagine how Ilya supposed to recharge Berserker when shit happens….^^
    Sex isn't the only way a magus can give his/her Servant mana. The VN says this.

Comment by kenjiharima
    07:50 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

hope it comes with a Saber Lily Nendo. lol

Comment by Kyo
    07:07 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Hmmm, just like Crisis Fatal:Fake for the PC....

Comment by repure
    07:16 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

watching its ps2 counterpart it looked as it was made for the PSP...

09:13 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Too busy playing Dissidia.

Comment by Jarmel
    10:39 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

I can't wait for this. I have very few fighting games and this look like a good way to fill up the void.

Comment by N.R.
    10:39 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

You can't port a PS2 game for the PSP unless you destroy the graphics. Maybe they will change the title name to "Fate/Unlimited Paper Saber". The best it can manage is to look like fate/fake for the PC. BTW if it comes out on PSP then maybe, just maybe, we will be seeing an english release in 2011.

Comment by Jake
    06:44 20/04/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Are you an idiot? FFVII Crisis Core is a much better looking game than Fate/UC. The PSP's best games look better than most PS2 games, excluding the more recently released high-profile ones.

Comment by S. mcduck
    11:42 16/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

It's not like the PS2 version is pushing the console to its limits.

Comment by Jarmel
    11:19 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

Theoretically PSP is supposed to be near equal to Playstation 2 in terms of graphical power.

Comment by exia
    10:55 15/02/2009 # ! Neutral (0)

graphics look destroyed already, in many ways.