hayate-no-gotoku-cant-take-my-eyes-off-you-1-053.jpg

hayate-no-gotoku-cant-take-my-eyes-off-you-1-018.jpg

hayate-no-gotoku-cant-take-my-eyes-off-you-1-031.jpg

Hayate no Gotoku has been reborn as Hayate no Gotoku: Can’t Take My Eyes Off You, and the first episode has received a generally positive welcome, with fans praising both the content and Kugimiya content, as well as the overall cuteness, but complaining interminably about the endlessly changing and not necessarily improving character designs…

hayate-no-gotoku-cant-take-my-eyes-off-you-1-001.jpg
hayate-no-gotoku-cant-take-my-eyes-off-you-1-070.jpg
hayate-no-gotoku-cant-take-my-eyes-off-you-1-071.jpg
cant-take-my-eyes-off-these-gifs-1.gif
cant-take-my-eyes-off-these-gifs-2.gif
cant-take-my-eyes-off-these-gifs-3.gif
cant-take-my-eyes-off-these-gifs-4.gif

09:29 04/10/2012 # ! Good (+0.6)

I watched the first episode out of curiosity and the character design made me feel as if I was back in the 90s...and that's not a good thing.

09:42 04/10/2012 # ! Good (+0.8)

I'm not feeling the new designs neither. The hair to head ratio looks really odd to me.

09:41 04/10/2012 # ! Good (+0.8)

First time i agree with someone that deals with "anime hate"

I hate this design, i wish they stayed with the original team

Comment by Lavi
    09:40 04/10/2012 # ! Quality (+0.8)

Look their heads.
    I h*te that !

11:40 04/10/2012 # ! Good (+0.6)

The problem is...that IS their proportions in the manga.

00:37 07/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Sure it is, buddy.

Sure it is.

Who cares about the manga?

Comment by kamehappo
    05:06 05/10/2012 # ! Good (+0.4)

I do. I can read, you know. Who helped you to write your post?

14:45 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Talk about calling the kettle black...

You guys all talk about 2ch Otakus having short term memory...

This is how the proportions for Hayate no Gotoku has always been.

Comment by kamehappo
    05:05 05/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Yes, previous seasons characters designs were a tad better, but i love this still. Hayate & Nagi etc. is one of my greatest favorites among 2000`s anime.
    Hope we are going to see much of Izumi and Sakuya!

03:20 05/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Maybe you have an eye problem!
    Go watch some 1st and 2nd season episodes dimwit!

Comment by caiooa
    08:36 05/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

go read the manga, morons.

20:08 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

The go and watch the first season. I think you're the one with short term memory here.

10:11 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

@09:29 Ha! That's the 90's look of Anime those nostalgia fags are always going on about.

That's because you are getting old, Anonymous-san.

Anyway 80 > 90 > 00 > 10 character design PAL. You simply have BAD taste if you think nowadays GENERIC designs are better than say HIGHLY STYLIZED 80s, 90s not so much but still better than today most generic crap.

Of course that does mean there are bad desing today of course, but too much generic crap, nothing like with 80s!!

BORDEN YOUR HORIZON ITS NEVER TOO LATE

12:04 04/10/2012 # ! Good (+0.7)

What horizon? Your narrow minded thinking that 80s are "All That"-horizon.

Who's horizon's needs to be broaden here?

Guys who thinks latest design is a masterpiece is dumb, but it's dumber for a guy who thinks that sticking to the past is the sole answer.

Hahaha, so called modern otaku detected, ignorant of the past.

My Horizons go as far back as the 60s with Attack NO. 1 and beloved kozue, Tetsuwan Atom in the 60s, to the 70s Ashita no Joe, Ace wo Nerae, Lupin, Heidi, Flanders no Inu, Harlock, GE999, Queen Millenia, then to the 80s Cats Eye, Touch, Gunbuster, Kabocha wine, City Hunter, Macross, then to 90s Evangelion, LOGH, Marmalade boy, Hana yori Dango, Kenshin, Oulaw Star, Slam DUnk, Utena to 2000s and present day...of course my horizon are not limited to only those just a tiny of some of the best of each era

My horizons are as broaden and vast as they can get pal. Enough to make me see the greatness of the past and the magic of the 80s and the shit series we get nowadays, something I you car incapable of understanding with your limited narrow perspective to say the least.

10:20 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Notice that my cooment @ 10:17 has nothing to do with Hayetes new desing which its a donwgrade indeed, before you start to bitch ok, its only to the 90s remark, we would be lucky if we were to retake the spirit of the anime of the 90s, design, higly intelligent,. EVERYTHING from that era.

h

10:25 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Whoa, somebody's either got severe dyslexia, (and needs to seek help immediately) or is 8.

11:03 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Dude, what you call stylized now was generic in their time period.

actually, most anime in the 90's and 80's had terrible art-styles.

Still better than post-2005 shit

12:08 04/10/2012 # ! Good (+0.6)

Big Hair Ratio...
    Bad design...

But still entertaining at least for Me

11:55 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

the Hayate series is one of my most favorites...but in this one the face to head ratio is just WTF

06:20 05/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

well at first impression, chara design is staying true to manga style, aint like Zero no Tsukaima-ish as in season 2

Comment by Cydric
    22:01 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Well after watching the movie before this got aired
    I say oh new char design
    The first doesn't feel right
    but after that I easily get used to it.

Comment by taz0x
    13:58 05/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

saw like 10 min of the first episode. damn it man, why can't this show be like what it was in the first season? that was SO godly. but i guess in a sense that wasn't really what Hayate was supposed to be about. but have you people read the comics? IT'S SO BORING. like this season. i want SynergySP back on this

19:17 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

dont care as long as hnnnnnng-nagiku is still fit.... we will see.

20:12 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I can't bear to see her in those weird proportions...

09:39 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

While I do like the manga, the lack of Wakamoto as the narrator makes the anime about 80% less funny.

Comment by Benoist
    20:15 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

de arruuuu. i hope he'll be back for the next ep.

22:06 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

No KOTOKO opening, either. Are we really watching Hayate no Gotoku?

22:50 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

What! No KOTOKO D: ? Dropped.

13:18 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Looks fine to me...does anyone even remember the old Hayate? The show was funny, but the production values were shit. Even if you don't like the new designs as much, it looks like it has a much higher budget. I'm sure the artwork is better overall.

12:25 05/10/2012 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I loved the 1st Hayate its was awesome and the animation had a certain quality that really worked with the show but this new animation is just plain bad. Not to mention that they don't parody anymore and they've loaded it down with anime cliches. The story in this seemed to be all over the place and i just couldn't connect with the characters in any sort of way. It's like the life has been sucked out of the anime. It's no longer the series that could make me laugh hard enough to bring tears to my eyes its just a shell of its former self with cliche crap bogging it down.

13:02 05/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

I think this season will be better than the second one, but the first will always be the best.

Comment by Benoist
    19:52 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

it's more like characters wear extra wigs
    btw, hayate is harder to distinguish from girls ; i foresee many bunnymaid rape attempts

23:07 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Hayate has been forced into bunny-ear maid costumes many times already.

01:22 05/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Fapped to them and no regrets.

18:18 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Almost all the main characters look as if they have encephalitis.

I prefer the older design :(

Oh well.. better than no new Hayate anime.. (for me at least)

00:27 05/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Weren't these the original manga designs for them?

20:09 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Why'd they make Hayate's hair so thick, it almost reminds me of Pegasus from Yugi.

Comment by darkfader
    08:31 12/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

and Nagi reminds me somewhat of Satoko Hojo if you leave out the twintails.

10:57 07/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Since when is Minami-ke bad?

22:24 08/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Same as when you say "crazy as a fox"

20:36 06/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Isn't it that the "character design" complaint was really only about how Hayate lost most of his suave gentlemanly aura in favor of a poignant assholish finish, and how Maria developed a tint of matronlike underhand indignation? Some of it is in their lines, but most lies with how they act them out. Were they not getting enough sleep or something?

I like the way the characters (and everything else, by the way) look, but their conduct subtracts from their dignity as works of art.

Comment by Green Archer
    07:49 08/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

please change the proportions

I love the show so much. But I can't get past the hair and head proportions.

12:51 06/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, I like the purple haired girl with orange scarf, that makes me watching this anime longer.

00:35 06/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Used to how the anime looked before, liked that better. But I don't really have an issue with the style of the characters though, the ugly unmatching cg backgrounds and props are what's bothering me. Lazy and cheap.

10:25 04/10/2012 # ! Neutral (0)

Disgusting... the design looks like some of those US books to make "manga" . The anime industry will die in very awful way. No more interesting characters, no more original stories. Now is just stupid MOE animes that don't go anywhere , stupid harem animes with a predictable ending, stupid male protagonists with lust, stupid female protagonists full of delusions, the same premise in mecha-animes but with different and more bizarre robots, stupid "horror animes" that only make you laugh ("Another" is a fine example), stupid shonen mangas with 999+ episodes and 9250337 secret Techniques/powers and lame protagonists (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece...of shit). Hentai anime/mangas with the same stories but with more idiot girls "Oh please don't rape me in this train full of people"(in quiet voice)". Stupid fandoms that only see perfection in the anime of is preference and stupid people that only remenbers one anime (Cowboy Bebob, Evangelion (btw Shinji is a faggot), [insert anime that nobody has seen here]). If you disagree, you are clearly a stupid (Otaku).