Paste Magazine has enlisted the aid of on-air creative director of Adult Swim and co-creator of Toonami Jason DeMarco in an attempt to determine the greatest anime films of all time, with the ranking mostly consisting of ancient films likely due to their massive impact on the genre (in the western hemisphere at least).
Enthusiasts have sought to determine the retro anime hailing from the Showa Era (1926–1989) that most require a reboot, with one particularly poignant sci-fi series snagging the gold over a famous “idol” franchise that still exists to this day.
- Anonymous commented on October 5, 2016 15:04
Because everything else here is wholesome and dignified, right?... More
- Denshousha commented on October 1, 2016 05:32
It had a remake manga a few years ago from which they could adapt. I bought the first volume, but it was clear this manga was designed to be printed in full-color and they cheaped... More
Hollywood is preparing to wreak its magic on yet more anime classics after the director of its Akira adaptation rubbished the original, saying there was “nobody interesting” in it and that he will doubtless do much better, whilst DreamWorks has finally announced its long-feared adaptation of Ghost in the Shell will be directed by the man famed for Snow White and the Huntsman.
- Anonymous commented on February 24, 2014 05:22
Hey populous at large go fuck yourself and make way for my ego. I got this great idea you see? Lets take this awesome work and remove what made it popular in the first place... More
- Anonymous commented on February 17, 2014 20:29
The sad part is Chronicle will be closer to Akira then any movie Hollywood makes trying to be Akira.... More
Neon Genesis Evangelion godfather Yoshiyuki Sadamoto‘s crossover cover illustration for the latest issue of a humble anime business rag has been attracting some attention from fans of both franchises.
The Japanese media has been quick to note that Tokyo’s clinching of the 2020 Olympics was predicted by no less a classic Akira, with the 1988 movie’s 2019 Neo-Tokyo being in the run-up to a singularly ill-fated Olympics.
- Sylar commented on January 28, 2014 23:30
Yeah, nice dreaming. Unfortunately the only way the tech for a good robot is if billion were thrown into such research but no one seems to care enough.... More
- Sylar commented on January 28, 2014 23:28
They will disqualify anyone with as man name and has a penis under the swimsuit.... More
Japanese quizzed about why it is they loathe Hollywood’s unending stream of atrocious anime and game adaptations (the likes of Dragonball and Street Fighter naturally being top of the list) provide reasons even the crazy foreigners responsible may be able to comprehend.
- Anonymous commented on May 15, 2012 13:59
why hollywood anime movies are so rubbish? because anime is rubbish. japan anime is old, tired, and getting predictable and stupid. time for something new.... More
- Anonymous commented on May 2, 2012 00:52
What Hollywood does to Anime is much like what China does to Hollywood.... More
CNN has been reporting controversial complaints about Hollywood’s unwavering propensity to plunder Asian anime and cinema and recast all the characters as whites, quoting complaints that this amounts to “stealing the jobs of Asian actors and insulting their origins.”
- Anonymous commented on January 8, 2017 07:34
Group population by size: #1 Asians, #2 Indians, #3 Africans/Black People (Worldwide), #4 Everyone else. Even in the U.S.A, anglo/white people are or will become a minority, so quit whinning, if the movies are... More
- Anonymous commented on April 11, 2016 08:18
no mention of japanese remakes of western movies, huh?... More
The shaky production history of Hollywood’s much reviled adaptation of post-Fukushima anime Akira just got even shakier with the news that its director has quit.
- Anonymous commented on October 25, 2014 13:37
What is Akira? Japanese? yeah right. All of the argumentation lolicons have to justify their love would crumble if they admit that anime has any resemblance to real world. ==> Is simply farcical to attach... More
- Anonymous commented on October 25, 2014 13:26
I really don't think that the worst thing that could happen is the actors being Americans, in fact it doesn't have to matter at all... Why are people paying so much attention to it? the setting... More
Actor George Takei (aka “the guy who played Sulu from Star Trek”) has spoken critically of Hollywood’s penchant for taking Asian film, manga and anime and recasting everyone with white actors, citing the upcoming and thoroughly purified Akira as a particularly egregious example.
- Anonymous commented on November 22, 2014 01:57
People are bitching about Hollywood putting white actors in anime and manga roles. Don't the Japanese do the same thing in the manga and anime. Hardly ever see any "Asian" looking characters. They all look... More
- Anonymous commented on October 20, 2011 00:06
firenation's building look like thailand while airbender clothes somehow resemble Himalayan monk Waterbender looks like ainu tribe from japanese and earthbender is chinese... More
Leonardo di Caprio’s Hollywood adaptation of classic psychic blob anime Akira will apparently star James Edward Franco as Kaneda, with the previously reported Zac Efron having proven unavailable.
Hollywood’s pending rape of Akira, set to be a PG-13 action flick set in New York, is rumoured to be casting actor Zac Efron, star of such dark and gritty classics as High School Musical, in the lead role of hooligan biker Kaneda.
A Hollywood theatrical adaptation of classic manga/anime Akira was previously thought to be safely cancelled, but now it appears Warner Brothers has reanimated the project, and it is set to shamble forth from the grave, for release in 2011, with a sequel already on the cards…
- Anonymous commented on April 25, 2011 17:22
You made me scroll sideways you prick!... More
- Anonymous commented on February 16, 2011 10:46
If hhollywood will not Americanized it and made the essence and the story intact, it wont be fail But If they made alterations that made the movie looked sick... well blame hollywood... More
- Brave Witches BD Blessed With Nipples
- Kuzu no Honkai "Practically An Ero-Anime"
- Da Capo 3 R X-Rated Sexually Suspenseful
- Impregnation College Town Full On Baby-Making
- "What If It Was OK To R**e Big Breasted Girls" Quite Blatant
- Goddess of Twitter: "A Cavalcade of Costumes"
- Samus Oral Ero-SFM Particularly Chatty
- Top 20 Best Anime of Fall 2016 - Akiba Souken
- Kuzu no Honkai "A Love Hexagon"
- Top 10 Strongest Anime Swordsmen
- Goddess of 2ch: "How's My Swimsuit?"
- Bathing Goddess Scrubs Sensuously
- Oni Chichi: Refresh Darker Than Anticipated
- Taimanin Asagi 3 Rapacious As Ever
- Translucent Bikini Goddess: "You Can See Everything!"
- Eating Out My Beautiful Wife: "Who Has a Wife Like This!?"
- Kanzaki Ranko Ero-Cosplay Highly Relieving
- Brave Witches BD Blessed With Nipples
- Fella Hame Lips Amorous Onahole Action
- Top 10 Greatest Anime Films of All Time
- Sagurare Otome Sexually Savage
- Rance VI + 5D Bundle Full of Sexual Fantasy
- Sutobura 2 OVA Boasts Nudity & Action
- Natuane Scorching Hot Incest Eroge
- Kaho Shibuya: Colossal T*ts Theater K Cup Action
- lucas on January 23, 2017 09:39
Alluring Anchovy Race Queen Figure
- Me encanto, me tienta comprarla, jajajja... More
- Anonymous on January 23, 2017 09:11
Top 10 Strongest Anime Swordsmen
- And the guy from ninja scroll?... More
- ♥Jacky la Mort♥ on January 23, 2017 09:03
Toshi Densetsu Horny Ghosts Abounds
- Wish she looked more like Hanako and Sadako from the first two episodes, but she's cute enough I guess.... More
- Anonymous on January 23, 2017 08:55
Danua & Narumeia Cosplays by Atsuki Beautifully Busty
- Same reason your every glance at a woman causes a barren womb.... More
- Anonymous on January 23, 2017 08:44
Graffiti Goddess of 2ch: “Just Like The Ero-Anime!”
- japanis scale to size... More
- Anonymous on January 23, 2017 08:39
Top 10 Strongest Anime Swordsmen
- ...what? Since when does disliking something mean you're taking it too seriously? I think you're just upset that some doesn't like something that you like. The dude... More