Sankaku Complex Forums » Games

1. So there's this guy who goes by the name of 冷静にP(ピー)を見守る会 (or P for short) in nico who finished Super Mario 1 in High Speed Mode. Whether he used an emulator or not remains to be seen, but he took it upon himself to play Mario 3 in the same settings with his commentary and reactions intact. Needless to say, every bit of it was hilarious.

P's most recent attempt in World 8 made the nico charts for a while, and while he died miserably a number of times, he did the the most surprising thing after finally getting to the boss.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/charts/niconico/player.php?vid=sm10832595

Being a classic Mario fan, my hat is off to his tenacity. I'm watching his older vids in nico right now though Part 1 seems to be broken, which is a shame.

Posted 7 years ago # Quote
  2. O_o thats tough...it would have sucked if he would have died at the boss ^^U
    *hats off to him~*

3. arielaol said:
    O_o thats tough...it would have sucked if he would have died at the boss ^^U
    *hats off to him~*

He wasn't as lucky in earlier worlds though... especially World 7.

That one-trip kill was necessary as a morale booster.

I'll be waiting around until he posts his next playthrough.

4. i follow his vids too, his last one must've took him half an hour or so D: i luls so hard

5. Yeah, his reactions are more hilarious in the Mario 3 vids compared to the Mario 1 entries.

Plus whenever he gets a surprise life loss, P blurts out weird gibberish that the viewing audience interprets differently. There are classics like "unko" and "tntn" on occasion.

Some jerks even comment "It's okay to speak Japanese" every so often.

But he's gonna have to hold on for the next few levels. World 8 isn't gonna get any easier.

6. I watched this a few days ago. The first time I watched his videos. I laughed so hard at his reactions. It hilarious how much crap comes out of his mouth.
    2:24 "What do I do if the people in the neighborhood think I'm a weirdo?"
    4:18 "ちんこちんこちんこちんこ”
    6:03 "You must not touch a highschool girl everyone. Remember that"
    8:14 "Shove meat into your anus"

7. Either he's losing his mind because of the mad framerate, or he's doing it on purpose to add color. If it's the former, then I think World 7 was the culprit...

loled hard at 3:30 when he was trying to calm down and ended up blurting "Stupid Jerk!!" at himself coz' he didn't see the flying wrench coming up from behind.

3:53, he quoted an oldie from Slam Dunk.

6:29, he sang "Agile Mr. P", a tribute song made for him by another nico user.

I tried doing what he's doing on an emulator with approximately the same speed. It's mad hard, especially on the scrolling stages. I pride myself at being good with emulator games on a keyboard (especially Mario and Rockman), but I found myself failing every so often (and almost imitating his reactions in the process).

On the day he posts a vid where he puts the sped-up big Koopa away, I'll be among those who'll give him a major mad props comment on nico.

8. Whoo! Just when I thought P has given up, Part 25 appears!

And as expected, it made the charts.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/charts/niconico/player.php?vid=sm11215452

Though he practically ruined Stage 2 by taking a shortcut (meaning no comedic deaths), P's still gonna have his hands full with the small castle, the last tank stage and finally Koopa's castle.

So I'll bet he still needs at least 2 to 3 episodes.

9. I watched about 1 minute of this video but it was funny as hell. He curses in a very funny way. I laughed my ass off when he said 惜しいん子and "Just a minute-kun". Also I'm amazed at all these strange mario games. I mean, all of the official mario games (1-4) are repetitive as hell anyway. Why create 1 million custom games that look, sound, and play the same? The only exception would be asshole mario which I like because they had hilarious videos of people trying to finish it.

10. I love the "death counter". If you watch his lives tho you see he died so many more times then ever the counter showed.

11. Yeah, his reactions are more hilarious in the Mario 3 vids compared to the Mario 1 entries. I love the "death counter". If you watch his lives tho you see he died so many more times then ever the counter showed. I watched about 1 minute of this video but it was funny as hell. He curses in a very funny way.
    =======================
    rowanat01
    Savings Accounts

12. Pyrolight said:
    I love the "death counter". If you watch his lives tho you see he died so many more times then ever the counter showed.

Taking that liberty was understandable, because if he got a real game over, he'd have to start at the very beginning of the current World he's in.

If he doesn't lose his mind at the number of times he has to finish a stage, I'm sure he'll go absolutely bonkers if he had to go through all that again.

That pretty much confirms that he really used an emulator.

13. His commentary is hilarious. Props to him for having the patience to restart a level that many times. Anyone know if the commentary is live? I hear buttons but they could just be from a unplugged controller.

14. Reizo said:
    His commentary is hilarious. Props to him for having the patience to restart a level that many times. Anyone know if the commentary is live? I hear buttons but they could just be from a unplugged controller.

If they aren't live, then that means he's one hell of a good actor.

15. http://www.sankakucomplex.com/charts/niconico/player.php?vid=sm11937032

Part 27. Short but sweet.

Understandable since he might take considerably longer on Koopa's castle next time.

16. Quite late reporting (a little more of a month ^^;) but here it is:
    Part 28, and last!
    http://www.sankakucomplex.com/charts/niconico/player.php?vid=sm12399178

You must log in to post.