Sankaku Complex Forums » General

The upcoming vote for manga/anime/hentai/ect. ban?

1. ITT we speculate what decisions will be made on the fateful day, the 15th of December.

Attachments

1. yaraharu.jpg 6 years old
    Posted 6 years ago # Quote
  2. Picture cannot be unseen EWW.

My opinion meeh.

3. I don't think it'll happen, anime/manga/hentai is a good part of their economy. If they purposely cripple themselves i'm going to laugh.

It won't happen though, its just a vague threat to make it seem like they are doing something. Nothing out of the ordinary.

4. Let's create a religion centered around anime
    anyone who declares a holy-war on the Tokyo leadership and sacrifices themself will get 69 loli virgins.

Praise be Osamu Tezuka!

5. otakus and hikis should get off their asses and protest, throw tomatoes/eggs...kick those politicians into their asses

6. alex251 said:
    otakus and hikis should get off their asses and protest, throw tomatoes/eggs...kick those politicians into their asses

We're doomed if this is our only hope.

7. Avatar Image

WPE

Japan should nationalize production of hentai to maximize profits and beat the recession. Communism ftw

8. Kei-chan1 said:
    I don't think it'll happen, anime/manga/hentai is a good part of their economy. If they purposely cripple themselves i'm going to laugh.

Yeah, 3-6% percent is such a big number. I won't be so sad if they ban the really raunchy stuff, that just means that the companies will be forced to actually make GOOD anime again, instead of just fanservice.

Pic unrelated. I think.

Attachments

1. gigantor[1].jpg 6 years old
  9. I only voted because the OP pic was so beautiful.

Neko_musume said:
    Yeah, 3-6% percent is such a big number. I won't be so sad if they ban the really raunchy stuff, that just means that the companies will be forced to actually make GOOD anime again, instead of just fanservice.

Yeah, that's not what's happening. If you think they're only banning fanservice and hentai, you need to learn to read.

Also, 3-6% of your economy is a HUGE DEAL. If that is actually what the number is...
    *goes to look it up*

10. brningpyre said:
    I only voted because the OP pic was so beautiful.

Yeah, that's not what's happening. If you think they're only banning fanservice and hentai, you need to learn to read.

Do tell, what are they banning Pyre-chan?

3-6% was a guesstimate.

11. Neko_musume said:

Do tell, what are they banning Pyre-chan?

You lazy bastard. Look it up yourself.

The current ordinance already prevents the sale and renting of "harmful publications" — materials that are "sexually stimulating, encourages cruelty, and/or may compel suicide or criminal behavior" to people under the age of 18. Bill 156 would require the industry to also regulate "manga, anime, and other images (except for real-life photography)" that "unjustifiably glorify or exaggerate" certain sexual or pseudo sexual acts. Another section of the revised bill would allow the government to directly regulate the above images if the depicted acts are also "considered to be excessively disrupting of social order" such as rape.

Depending on how such vague statements are interpreted, it could ban any number of things.

Laws should not be vague. Ever.

12. brningpyre said:

You lazy bastard. Look it up yourself.

Hah! Caught you in an impasse.

13. Neko_musume said:
    Hah! Caught you in an impasse.

... I posted a summary for you. No impasse, there.

14. The ban won't pass. Obvious anull is obvious.

Maybe hentai needs a presidential pardon from now on...OBAMA! Get your ass to Japan now.

15. Neko_musume said:
    Maybe hentai needs a presidential pardon from now on...OBAMA! Get your ass to Japan now.

Obama would totally get another Nobel Prize (maybe literature) for it, too.

16. what are they banning

Older article (and different ban), but considering that the new ban would still include it...
    http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/04/27/tokyo-loli-ban-will-include-evangelion/
    "sexually stimulating, encourages cruelty, and/or may compel suicide or criminal behavior"
    ...at least according to moralfags

17. darkmind35 said:
    at least according to moralfags

Why don't Moralfags just die already if they're so worried about paradise?

Moralfags. The root of all evil.

18. Because I don't believe my comment will actually appear on the article, I will just make it here seeing as it is all the same topic in the end.

Publishers saying no school uniforms in manga.

No school uniforms, that's going to make most manga and anime damn near sterile. Not that you can't have lots of afterschool drama with school girls, they just won't be drawn AT school.

Then again, maybe it's time for Mangaka to give publishers their walking papers and just take manga as an online creation sold online and not in paper form necessarily.

I currently am following a web comic called Eerie Cuties, and I rather enjoy it.

Maybe the proper response for Mangaka is to say 'fuck you then, I'll do it myself if you won't'.

19. They could just move to South Korea. That place IS sterile.

20. mangakas should join and make their own publishing company

Reply »

You must log in to post.