Sankaku Complex Forums » General

Us goverment to vote for internet censorship bill S. 3804.

1. Avatar Image

Pin

Char said:

In this case it is as the MPAA and RIAA are a very small minority.

It pretty much comes down to they promised to do one thing but went and did another simply because they accepted a bribe.
    The bribe is usually in the form of campaign contributions as this is technically legal well it's a gray area "A company can't directly contribute more then x amount but they can use a lobbyist group the MPAA and RIAA for example which are simply a mouth piece for the recording and movie industry while the corn refiners association is the same for big agribiz such as Monsanto."
    BTW the first US laws making cannabis illegal where the result of a disinformation and lobbying campaign by the cotton and pesticide industry.
    But they do often accept personal gifts from someone lobbying but this can come back on them as happened with Ted Stevens aka Mr tubes.

There will always be a minority interest and the constitution was originally designed to protect the states, individuals, and minority factions from the national government.They are protected in this manner, as we are.

Also, you have to consider their political platform. Did the bill's authors originally promise to not establish such? Did those who voted on the bill promise not to do such? It's not "breaking a promise" when there wasn't anything stated in the first place.

You also have to take into consideration the fact that humans are entirely self interested creatures. Politicians won't want to step down from power so they would do as much as possible to keep themselves in office, and the only concrete way to do that is to please the people. Now you might be thinking, well how does COICA appeal to the people? Well if digital copyright isn't enforced, many media industries based in America would go under, thousands upon thousands of jobs would be lost. Would an employee in this industry really tolerate piracy when there family's well being is at stake?

Posted 6 years ago # Quote
  2. Sorrior said:
    Actually pretty sure a supersayians minimum power is over 100 million. Could be wrong though. Oh and i know the meme and if it was a typo the you're doin it wrong.

actually my comment was a more direct reference to this:

3. unsung said:

actually my comment was a more direct reference to this:

I know i evern mentioned the meme. Just saying.

4. Sorrior said:
    I know i evern mentioned the meme. Just saying.

I know of the meme (and i think i said once somewhere else) don't know where people get the "9" from must be a translation error or something IDK

5. unsung said:

I know of the meme (and i think i said once somewhere else) don't know where people get the "9" from must be a translation error or something IDK

the original version.

You must log in to post.