Secret of Mana Remake Announced

SecretofMana-Remake-Trailer-1

SecretofMana-Remake-Trailer-2

SecretofMana-Remake-Trailer-3

Classic top-down action RPG Secret of Mana (known as Seiken Densetsu 2 in Japan) will be receiving a full-fledged remake, a decision made by Square Enix in a likely attempt to milk any and all potential profits from retro enthusiasts by appealing to them with nostalgia.

A trailer for the beloved classic, perhaps completely ruined with the introduction of English voices:

The remake will be fully-voiced, have new music and an upgrade to its gameplay, online multiplayer will also be possible for up to 3 players whilst the Vita version will use local multiplayer – the Secret of Mana remake will make its way to PS4, Vita and PC on February 15th.

05:50 28/08/2017 # ! Good (+0.8)

A shame they won't touch Seiken Densetsu 3. Now THAT is the one everyone will agree needs a remake.

15:54 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

where did you get s-e won't remake sd3?
    after sd1 and now sd2, in all logic sd3 will follow

08:52 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I saw the trailer, the graphics are Wii level just the only difference is its in HD.

10:11 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

...more like ps2 level

14:57 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

More like Crono Cross level.

15:31 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Lose the voices.

15:46 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

A gryphon....with spiky hair?!

15:55 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

flammie is the father of the hero

17:52 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Kill me now. "What's a sword doing here?" The cringe... Ughhhhh.

Comment by Deadbeat Saint
    05:27 29/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

I really hope this is the original full 100% version of Seiken Densetsu 2 that was going to be released on the SNES CD-ROM and not the like 40% game that came out for the regular SNES.

As long as the don't fuck with the combat, spell, multiplayer, and ring systems; and allow you to switch to Japanese voices, then it'll be worth getting. Otherwise, it'll be a godammned shitfest of an abomination.

Honestly the whole series has gone way fucking downhill since Seiken Densetsu 3. While SD4/Legend had some really great elements and storylines, replacing the world with the dumb stupid fucking pieces placement, having the totally pointless and retarded weapon system really ruined the game. Also the replay mode (ala Chronotrigger) was lame.

23:44 01/09/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Wait what? We only got 40% of a game?

23:18 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

square enix remake this game and include pc release but no dragon quest Xi why...

10:10 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

god that looks like shit

Comment by Rya
    00:24 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

It's 40€ on steam! 40€ wtf! Graphically this is a Nintendo DS game. But you have to preorder or you won't get that costume dlc.
    Seriously, this is one of the worst rip-offs I've ever seen.

Comment by Rya
    00:56 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Also, you can beat all bosses by spell spell spell spell spell spell walnut spell spell spell spell.

01:40 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Pfft, bitch please, if you have to walnut you clearly haven't spent enough time mindlessly grinding the same spell OVER AND OVER AND OVER till your eyes bleed.

Comment by Rya
    08:44 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Bitch please. I had fucking Dryad lv.9 on both casters.

03:19 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

^^ I used to name my characters funny names, lol.

main: whyme
    girl: whome
    sprite: yesu

basically, why me, who me, and yes you:D
    Couldn't do the full phrase, but yeah.

the girl asks: "Whyme, I just have to find Dyluck."

Not as good as Barrett to Cloud: "The planet's dying Bozo," but funny, I thought at that age.

Comment by Cheese-kun
    08:16 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

I learned the hard way you had to do that. Oh god Frost Gigas was a nightmare. O__O

03:54 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

They did say they updated the gameplay or some shit.

People keep telling me PC master race is the true face of gaming, but from what I keep reading it's filled with the biggest, whiniest, self entitled kids there are.

How dare devs ask the same, non full retail $60 price for multi system games.
    Want day 1 DLC, buy the bloody game at day 1.
    Want a good deal, just learn to have some bloody patience.

Games have been cheaper and more abundant than ever before, with games costing the price of a couple cups of coffee in sales and bundles.
    Cheating and piracy is more accessible than any system and even then for some reason the self proclaimed master race thinks they're better. "I'm not stealing, I'm just playing an extended demo even though I just played the thing for 300+ hours."
    Kids only cry about graphics and frames per seconds.

I'd much rather stay as the console pleb I am, even though I have a computer strong enough to run most games at near max settings.
    Sure games are more expensive and I don't get all thse magical frames, but I won't have to deal with you cheating, whiny self entitled kids.

03:56 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I see people whine everywhere in general. The places that don't have whining don't allow anything negative at all, which is just as bad.

I personally think the price of this is too high, but I also know that the price of deveopment is high, so I don't like to bitch about prices, unless it's a matter of certain regions/platforms overpricing compared to the others.

I'll just wait until the price drops or I can get a discount from somewhere.

14:59 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Piracy is always the answer.

01:01 29/08/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Sure, complaining about moneymilking is bad... I just want my games complete and working the day I buy them, without spyware or costly cosmetic changes. I don't like it? I don't buy it.
    CD PRojeckt red does it right and it sells, so the rest can do it and still sell.

03:59 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Forgot to say, I'm wondering if part of the reason for the high price is maybe they intend to fund a remake of Seiken Densetsu 3 or another good classic.

22:38 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

because going in order is so crazy and re-releasing a game that people actually know since it was released in the west in the past is also so crazy

Comment by Rya
    05:15 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

If that were true, then why not remake that instead? It was a far superior game, never before seen in the west (at least officially) and that one could have at least barely justified the price. And Square-Enix is not a company that can't raise the 5-10 million (max!) upfront that this could have costed.

10:15 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

confirmed for butthurt poorfag

And it can be yours for the low price of $40!
    I'd rather have a Chrono Trigger "remake" instead. Secret of Mana wasn't that good in comparison.

03:58 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

I wish we got good "remakes" of all the old greats. As in, upgrade the visuals and don't fuck up the rest.

I always think it's a huge shame how there are so many amazing old games that people won't even give a chance because of current tech standards/expectations.

13:19 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

This.

Give the kiddies the graphics they want, but LEAVE the gameplay as it is: GOOD. It's what made the game good in the first place, so don't fuck it up.

00:56 29/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Sometimes it's even fine to touch up the gameplay, since it was originally limited by the machines. An easy example is RE HD and giving an option for a modern control scheme isteand of the original "tank" movement. They touched up what wasn't up to standard nowadays and left the rest alone.

14:58 28/08/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

I wish we got more straight ports instead of letting developers butcher what was already good.