Bloodstained-E32017-Trailer-1

Bloodstained-E32017-Trailer-2

Bloodstained-E32017-Trailer-3

Koji Igarashi’s Castlevania-inspired Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has unleashed its E3 2017 trailer, revealing more of its classic 2D combat and unique visuals whilst looking likely to fill the void that recent Castlevania games have left in the hearts of disappointed gamers…

The impressive trailer:

Those eager to give the game a try can expect Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night to release sometime next year for PC, Mac, Linux, PS4, Vita, Xbox One and the Switch.

02:30 11/06/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I kickstarted this game. It looks fine, but it has nothing on Symphony of the Night. 2D Sprites > 3D Polygons.

03:26 11/06/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

2D is more time consuming and more expensive to do

20:08 11/06/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Having a lot of previous games to recycle sprites from also helps.

02:23 11/06/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I've never given a flying fuck at rolling donuts about crowd-funded titles, as they are typically scams, with the vast majority of the rest being mediocre-to-shit in quality. This stated, I am mildly all-but optimistic that this won't be a total shit-show.

But then again, living up to the monumental, always replayable Castlevania III, Bloodlines, and Rondo of Blood? Symphony of the Night - which this is so strongly emulating thanks to the same producer, Aria of Sorrow, and the other "Metroidvania" titles? The originals, or even ReBirth?

I have zero hope, and am 100% jaded. If it surprises me pleasantly, then there will be a total of one (1) game funded via crowd-sourcing that either didn't suck Jackalope droppings, is as boring and productive as sex with an apple pie, or isn't vaporware.

Yay.

02:49 11/06/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Divinity Original Sin, Wasteland 2, Torment Tides of Numenera, FTL, Shovel Knight, Darkest Dungeon, Pillars of Eternity, Elite Dangerous, Undertale...
    Yeah, crwodfunded games are boring shit, no doubt...

Comment by Bakamoichigei
    11:46 11/06/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Not helping the argument by including Elite, man. I literally call myself a 'Professional space trucker' and even I have to admit that to most people, Elite is boring. (Space is boring in general, outside of movies.)

Comment by Bakamoichigei
    11:59 11/06/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

I wonder if this means backers are gonna get another E3 demo to play. :3

Comment by Chen-04
    16:33 11/06/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Meh, too much shitty 3D, this should have been an awesome sprite based game, but no, it turns out to be awful.

Comment by warjoke
    22:39 12/06/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Mighty No. 9 might not be alone soon enough.

07:04 11/06/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

i would laugh a lot if my carptop cant run this game owo

Comment by MARl0
    01:01 11/06/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

I am so excited for this game. It's been too long since the last Castlevania game in this style. And this is Castlevania is all but name.

00:56 11/06/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

it kinda looks like shit.

03:07 11/06/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

It doesn't help that the video seems to be overly compressed. The actual in game footage looks fine, however those cutscenes are atrocious. I think they're using the game engine to render them which is a huge mistake, but I doubt they had the budget to do anything better

Just like your momma, boy.

But no seriously its not that bad.

Castlevania type games are supposed to be about the gameplay.

Comment by Chen-04
    16:38 11/06/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

About the gameplay and 2D sprites. Not this 3D fuckery.

07:28 11/06/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Why Switch? I would never create any game for that piece of thrash.

04:00 12/06/2017 # ! Good (+0.6)

I didn't realize the Nintendo Switch was a genre of heavy metal.

Comment by warjoke
    22:38 12/06/2017 # ! Good (+0.4)

because fuck you, that's why

19:27 11/06/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Because it has an install base of almost 3 million in less than 3 months. Good thing you aren't a developer. You'd make faulty business calls.