Ayumi Hamasaki Losing Hearing in Right Ear

AyumiHamasaki-Photo-News

Tragedy has struck singer Ayumi Hamasaki as it has been revealed that she is slowly losing hearing in her right ear, eventually yo leave her completely deaf – bound to destroy the poor woman’s further career and naturally upsetting her hordes of fans as well.

During a recent checkup, the 38-year-old Ayumi Hamasaki found out that she was slowly becoming deaf in her right ear due to it overcompensating for her left ear (in which she had completely lost hearing in 2008), unsurprisingly upsetting the woman greatly as her entire life revolves around her singing career.

An infection in her left ear (contracted during a tour in 2000) had doctors advising Ayumi to steer clear of loud noises as her ear recovers, however, her dedication to her craft saw her back in action after refusing to postpone any of her tour dates – eventually leading to her becoming deaf in her left ear in 2008.

Despite the dreadful news, Ayumi has decided to continue performing as she has stated that “the stage is where I belong”, a courageous/foolhardy decision no doubt earning accolades from fans.

Otaku may best know Ayumi Hamasaki for her works present in Inuyasha, Onimusha and Tales of Xillia:

02:43 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

A shame really, she is why I got into listening to anime music in the first place.

07:16 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

She will become the second Beethoven!

11:41 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

I like your pep

Equating shitty pop music to clasical tunes is really offensive.

Fuck yourself, you azn fucker.

20:35 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah. Cause classic culture is obviously sacred and pop culture is obviously shit, right?

22:03 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Correct.

01:05 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Oh that poor woman. :(

14:13 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Its 2017... treatable.

21:09 25/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm terrified of losing my hearing everytime I get an ear infection or anything similar. I don't understand how someone whose life revolves around music could be so careless about losing their hearing.

09:10 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Being deaf in one ear doesn't cause the other ear to "overcompensate" and go deaf as well. Do they have actual doctors over there or what.

22:05 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

My thoughts were of the same.

It seems common sense but perhaps there is more to it

20:32 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

To all the people saying she's dumb for not quitting before going completely deaf, she did say :

"The stage is where I belong. It's the only place I really, truly exist. I don't know anything else."

Music is her whole life. She can't just abandon it like that.

22:14 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Sure she can. Settle down and shit out some kids.

05:44 24/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Reap what you sow... She was told to stay down and away from loud noise until it healed, now she's deaf... I get wanting to continue her tour dates, but health is more important than work.

Comment by cutemi2
    00:40 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

A Silent Voice version 2

16:14 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Guess she should start looking into hearing aids/implants if she hasn't already, as well as considering no more live performances.

22:13 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

The implants don't recover your previous hearing with the hardware, it replaces it with a completely different frequency recognition.

In other words, it's a new sound frequency language your brain has never recognized. It's essentially needed to train your brain with a new sound language.

That's why it's easier for young children to get these implants. They have young and eager to learn brains.

21:07 25/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Interesting. Thanks for the explanation.

01:09 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Feel bad for her.

Comment by Rya
    03:30 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Sad to hear that.

03:57 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

The puns were had and they were glorious indeed.

01:00 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Holy shit...That fucking sucks....Practically every anime I grew up watching had Endings sung by her.

07:41 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

if she become deaf that will definitely cut her EARnings \o/

22:07 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Give me your address so I can KILL YOU

06:52 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

This has already been reported years back already though...

07:40 24/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

That was her other ear

PPL!!
    What country you live in damn????? You all talking about leaving your jobs? really? if I would leave my job, i would die in the 2nd month in starvation.... and my flat would be in dept as well... and most of the ppl I know would suffer the same fate if they would chose "health over job"

tell me what secred do i need to know!!

08:29 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

uuuh.. how about just changing jobs?
    it's not like she'd just quit working completely. What you're saying is dumb and obvious.. duh

If everything written here is correct, doctors told her to stay away from loud places to let the ear recover. It was her own fault for ignoring their advice. Nothing to feel bad about.

If you think otherwise, you simply lack common sense.

02:31 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I can't believe I read this. She dedicated herself to music, loud noise is a MUST for concert.

She is basically a live version of all those fairytail we read/hear so much about.

Dedicated to a career, dedicated to something sacrificing something important to her.

I feel sad for her, her music is amazing.

21:15 25/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah but sacrificing what you need for your dedicated career, when you could have waited a little to recover, isn't exactly a good decision.

02:20 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

"Stop working! is not even a decision for most people . I used to work in a construction company when there was a boom in the real estate economic sector. My boss suffered 2 two heart attacks in this period due to stress, while he was in his 40s. He couldn't stop, that would have meant a major loss for the investors, he could only "relax his load" somewhat
    Recently I went to his retirement celebration (I work in other company now) and it wasn't an actual retirement. Doctors deemed him unable to continue working after 17 angina pectoris attacks and 3 more heart attacks.
    The guy is tough as nails to have survived that, but work almost killed him notheless without having much choice on the matter. Other than a 360º change in all his life, I mean.

Comment by Rya
    03:32 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Dying so the investors don't lose money. Wow. Such capitalism.

12:51 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

thats just personal greed, or a wife at home demanding more or personal debt.

I quit a job in 09 because the stress about killed me with bleeding ulcers. You just make a life change. few things in life are worth destroying your health over.

21:17 25/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't think it's necessarily greed. Some people define their lives via their work. So they don't mind losing their lives for their work.

I do agree that you shouldn't push yourself that far if you can avoid it. Life isn't something you can easily get back after you lose it.

03:55 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

huh yeah.. i think I'll prioritize my life over someone else's business thank you very much.

Work and money will come and go but your well being is not something that can easily be replaced. Let that sink in for a moment

15:45 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

maybe that works for western countries with your welfare thingy but it doesn't always work in all countries. in certain countries, getting and keeping a job is tough enough and when you are jobless, the government doesn't do shit to feed you.

12:49 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

no shit. lot of kids on here giving advice like the run fortune 500 companies haha

07:34 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Get better at management. Don't have irreplaceable people. Not even yourself. If you don't have a plan B, you are just asking for trouble.

07:04 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, because "driving businesses to bankrupt because I needed some rest" always looks so good in a resume, nobody will have second thoughts about hiring yo.

06:16 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Sometimes it's not that simple. When business deals reach past a certain amount of money, both sides of the deal will most certainly be demanding contracts to protect their investments.

If you're a boss behind a contract, that last thing you want to do is to break said contract. Not following through could not only cost you your business, but also the jobs and livelihoods of everyone under your employment.

08:25 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Seems to be a lot of kids giving advice about something they no nothing about on here.

02:58 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Everyone makes their own decisions. And as such, they have no one to blame but themselves.

21:19 25/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Disagree because people don't always have control over their environments. They can only decide how to react to environmental circumstances.

09:14 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

I seriously doubt it would've recovered much. I Dj'd in clubs for over 8yrs (4yrs in wedding/house/garage previous) and lost 50% in my right ear and 30% in my left. I had to quit, stop going to night clubs and at rock concerts, I have to ear ear plugs. I've barely gained any of it back and the tinnitus is now permanent.
    Fortunately, it was a 2nd job and although I miss it, I could quit. For her, it's a different story.

21:21 25/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Comment by No Name
    01:25 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

If something like hearing loss could make her quit singing, then she wasn't much a performer in the first place. But that's not the kind of person she is.

03:42 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

You misunderstand how crucial hearing is to singing, or even talking. People who lose their hearing frequently experience a rapid decline of their ability to enunciate correctly, let alone maintain fine control over tone and tempo.

Doesn't mean she can't make music.

Hell, look at Beethoven.

07:38 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Beethoven was not a singer, dumbfuck. He wrote notations. There is a system behind making the kind of music he did. Intervals, tempi and all that stuff.
    If you ever met a deaf person, you would know that they have huge trouble speaking. They don't know how loud they are, if they are pronouncing something correctly or if they are stuttering or anything. Do you have any idea how frustrating it must be to lose the ability to communicate?

15:47 23/05/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

you won't be able to sing if you can't hear unless you have absolute pitch. but not everyone can do that. people need to hear themselves to be able to adjust their voice.

He didn't say Beethoven was a singer, dumbfuck.