GhostintheShell-Live-Action-Trailer-SuperBowl-1

GhostintheShell-Live-Action-Trailer-SuperBowl-2

GhostintheShell-Live-Action-Trailer-SuperBowl-3

The highly controversial Ghost in the Shell live action film has managed to snag a time spot during the upcoming Super Bowl, certain to acquire the movie even more attention in addition to possibly even more complaints of its white-washing and bastardizing…

The 3-minute trailer that will play during the Super Bowl:

Fans of Ghost in the Shell can expect the live action iteration to arrive in theaters on March 31st.

05:33 05/02/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Maybe with japanese dub(vioce actors from the series) and english sub it would be watchable?

04:22 05/02/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Looks worse than I thought it would be. Like some wierd Robocop knock-off.

00:53 05/02/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I loved the movies, I loved GITS SAC I and II, I had 0 interest in the newer series and my interest is frozen to 0 Kelvin for this movie.

In other words: meh.

I liked the new series, and its movie. I'm waiting for the dub of Pyrophoric cult.

14:21 05/02/2017 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Love all the manga, the series & movies, the games & mods.

This gets 5 minutes when it comes out on TV a few years down the track.

Can't stand all the related trailers, and I usually catch up on Super Bowl ads.

And this is not about some washing, never seen any live action adaptions that's not crap, hollywood, Japan, or others.

Leave manga, anime, and even light novels the fuck alone and do your own original crap from "Higher Mediums"

08:48 05/02/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Visually, it looks gorgeous. The trailer looks terrible with wub and slow-motion. I really hope there's not slow-mo in the actual movie. Maybe we should wait for the BD release for the nipples?

02:36 18/04/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

I actually went and saw the movie, ya'lls complaints are stupid asf, the worst part about the movie was the watered-down plot not the actress or anything... ironic it was likely watered down for ppl just like u.

06:39 06/02/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

So, I guess they are skipping out on the Major's lavender unitard cuz I didn't see it in the trailer? Great, showing a naked, nipple-less woman during the Super Bowl is going to have so many ignorant people triggered, thinking it's something satanic or degrading. Better catch up on my GitS lore so I can thoroughly shut my parents up when they start labeling the trailer as godless trash.

Comment by MARl0
    00:39 05/02/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

"in addition to possibly even more complaints of its white-washing and bastardizing"

You obviously don't know the Super Bowl audience.

04:43 05/02/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, and to make matters worse -- or better, as the case may be -- this year it's Team Trump (Patriots) vs. Team Confederacy (Falcons). No matter which team loses, the white man still wins!

23:59 04/02/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

You don't see us whites calling it yellow-washing when you take our fads and media and adapt it into your own.

Comment by Shn275
    01:07 05/02/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

You mean the fads started/created by Black Americans and adapted into mainstream white America!?(i.e. music, slang, style, hand gestures, etc.)

Comment by Trigrim
    00:46 05/02/2017 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

I am pretty sure that it is you whites that go on about white-washing and cultural appropriation and all that crap.

Attack on Titan, Full Metal Alchemist, Supaidaman, Thermae Romae ecc

Meh, I don't even care so much about the idiots calling white washing.

It's even more stupid that people complain she's white because Kusanagi isn't.

As if a goddamn robot bodied character really has ANY race to begin with.

It's not like she hasn't used multiple different bodies over the course of the series as is

I'm not going to watch the movie just because ALL live action things are shit in comparison, but I could not give less of a fuck what skin color the person playing her is.

It's like most people who watched it and purport to be fans don't even understand some of the themes underlying the show as a whole.

14:32 05/02/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Love how you got downvoted by new fuckers who don't support Shirow or the manga & anime industry, when you are completely and absolutely right.

Never seen a live action that's not crap, and I have seen at least four dozens, for at least 5 minutes. hollywood, Japan, othes, they all suck crap.

Them fuckers should STFU in here. I can respect their decision for MAGA because both realistic candidates are crap, but ANIME is already GREAT, we don't need MAKE ANIME GREAT AGAIN with crap live action adaptions.

00:41 05/02/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes she hasil, and she's african si definitely shouldn't white

11:45 05/02/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

African? perhaps you're thinking of Deunan Knute.

Attack on Titan, Full Metal Alchemist, Supaidaman, Thermae Romae ecc

Is not the same, because in the japanese movie industry there are not white actors, but in hollywood there are a lot of asian actors, the Japaneses cant do a movie with whites, but americans can do a movie with asians.

04:16 05/02/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

There are plenty of white actors in japan. Problem is they are generally terrible and can only act in period (Perry era) roles.

yeah, I've never once seen a white actor in any japanese made movie... not once... ever!

23:28 05/02/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

clearly you've never seen Godzilla: Final Wars - the one white guy they used is the atypical bad-ass type, who only speaks english the whole time AND to top it all off he uses a chrome-plated katana in his fight scenes...

Stereotyping much?

Comment by Chen-04
    00:11 05/02/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Looks like shit. Why did they even make this?

01:31 05/02/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

It is not as bad as that Dragon Ball movie. That one is a crime against humanity.

Comment by Chen-04
    04:06 05/02/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

You don't know yet for sure, do you? It could be way worse.

Comment by Chen-04
    06:50 06/02/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

Promising stuff is easy. Just remember what Mighty No.9 promised to be.

23:31 05/02/2017 # ! Neutral (0)

From what I've read and heard about it from interviews with the directors, they've put in the effort to stay close to the source material as best they can.
    They also mentioned that they wanted to use as much real-world resources in making the film: eg. only using CG on things that are otherwise physically impossible or just aren't real to begin with...

Looks like COOL!

The movie will be a ~2 hour time investment yet people are moaning and moaning like it'll be the next world war.