You are proceeding to a page containing mature content. Is this OK?

check Yes, show me everything
close No, hide anything sensitive

Surgery Patient Burned by Flatulence


A surgery patient going under the knife at the Tokyo Medical University Hospital in Shinjuku has reportedly suffered severe burns due to her flatulence while unconscious, sure to serve as a rather embarrassing (and painful) story to tell later on down the road.

“External experts” have since given their opinion regarding the incident and have confirmed that it was indeed the patient’s flatulence that had led to the spontaneous combustion, which was theorized to have been ignited by a surgical laser, causing the surgical drape to catch fire and resulting in the patient’s (a woman in her thirties who was undergoing a cervical operation) waist and legs being horribly burned.

Though many may find the story humorous, such an uncontrolled emission clearly has the potential to damage more than just a patient’s chances with any nearby staff…

Leave a Comment