Tokyo Metro Mascot Panned For Being Too Cute

Tokyo-Metro-Mascot-Moe-Iteration

Tokyo Metro mascot Michika Ekino has had her new design forcibly altered due to a storm of negative criticism concerning the cute 23-year-old’s appearance and its “risque” elements, such as her semi-transparent skirt (which allowed viewers to partially see her pantsu), blushing cheeks and slant leg positioning.

Michika Ekino’s classic design, which uses a more retro art-style:

Tokyo-Metro-Mascot-Original

Michika Ekino’s new moe iteration:

Tokyo-Metro-Mascot-Moe-Iteration

The cute mascot’s redesign was in honor of the upcoming “National Tetsudou Musume Tour” stamp rally, an event where attendees could collect stamps featuring various railway girl mascots, though it seems Ekino’s new “moe-moe” iteration proved unfavorable to more hardcore fans – an all but unprecedented event considering how ridiculously popular moe has become.

An image circulating around Twitter has highlighted some of the issues with her new design, which some believe makes it seem like she needs to use the restroom:

Tokyo-Metro-Mascot-Moe-Iteration-Issues

Tokyo Metro however eventually submitted to the negative feedback and altered Ekino’s new appearance, removing the transparency of her skirt but maintaining her flushed cheeks and “inexcusable” posture:

Tokyo-Metro-Mascot-Moe-Iteration-Edit

20:45 22/10/2016 # ! Good (+0.8)

Feminazis of nipponland, banzai!!!!

Sad to know that even a harmless cartoon mascot for a railway company too has not been able to escape from the wrath of feminazis and feminuts. So hillarious.

06:21 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

This doesn't have anything to do with feminism, this is just another idiot jumping on the whole "sjw boogyman" bandwagon. You people are real buffoons and worse than most so called "feminuts".

19:53 24/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Feminazi or not, this is stupid and stupid people should be banned from decision making.

Where does the post say the complaints have anything to do with feminism? Are you a moron?

01:45 23/10/2016 # ! Good (+0.6)

Who else would complain about such nonsense?

07:06 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Considering one stabbed an idol over 30 times, I don't think anything will beat an idol otaku.

04:38 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't think anything is worse than an idol otaku

02:23 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Train otakus. They're even worse than idol otakus, truly. Makes a hellspawn bonn from Hillary and Trump seems cute.

22:13 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

THats why he said "FEMINAZIS" Ya degenerate

07:38 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I have to say that the artist gets an A for effort. It was pretty sneaky how it was done.

Comment by HouseLife
    08:22 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Objectively, even I have to admit it's not about being too cute, she looks like her pencil skirt is binding her crotch so tight it's caused her to orgasm mid-stance. The flushed face and the arm pressing her breast while touching her face don't help. The image totally looks like she's in a moment in a JAV where the vibrator that's hidden has done its work.

This is an instance where toning it down a tad is not an unreasonable prospect considering her purpose. I can't read the Japanese, but it looks like removing the folds in the skirt so it looks more natural is being done, which doesn't really hurt anything.

02:58 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

" “risque” elements, such as her semi-transparent skirt (which allowed viewers to partially see her pantsu) "

Huh? where? i dont see anything,only some shadows that enhances the looks of her legs.

Also people should stop looking at someone's crotch (even if its a mascot/cartoon/etc.) and start looking them to the eyes.

20:12 22/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh no, the SJWs are beginning to infiltrate Japan.

23:33 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh, not here come the poor triggered sensitive moe fanboys, special snowflakes. Their fapping material has been tampered with!

02:46 26/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't like either version!

23:59 22/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Good for them. Can't have the chikans distracted by 2d females to stop going about their rounds.

00:04 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

whats wrong with her pose exactly?

23:29 22/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

The Taint is spreading all the way to East, it seems.

22:59 22/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Oh, shit. Looks like the Rot has spread in Japan too

23:26 22/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

It's not like the skirt was actually semi-transparent, it was just a poor attempt at shading. The skirt re-design looks just as bad. The rest of it's fine, though.

23:30 22/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Actually, I take that back. The facial expression and pose are pretty weird too.

23:28 22/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Ikr
    Shape of leg pushing through fabric.
    But I guess it takes absolute pervert to see this as semi-transparent.

...no wait...that would mean something bad about people censoring it.

23:27 22/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

To be fair, why would they make a skirt like that and give her such a dumb pose for a railroad mascot? It does seem unnecessary. I honestly think the redesign on the right is much more appealing because it doesn't look like fapbait or a doujin character from a rape train hentai. Not everything has to be too moe or sexy, but that's just me.

23:56 22/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Hey, I agree, but you're in Sankaku so clearly that makes you a filthy SJW and will get down voted to hell and back because you deserve it. You mess with one Sankaku user's moe fap material and you mess with all of them!

00:01 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

That's a problem sometimes. Because those people here overreact like those tumblr imbeciles.
    All while trying to be special snowflakes.

08:50 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

@06:07
    I remembered her from back then for a few reasons. Maybe because she had that same look on her face. She looked so depressed back then, like a strange void. It always bothered me, and the thing is it was still the same look. Am I Spiderman?

06:07 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I would have never thought you where this hardcore when I first talked to you when I was younger Michika Ekino. I bet she still does not remember.

09:53 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

It's not really anything about being a special snowflake, it's like I can almost feel peoples problems. I think that is part of my problem, it transfers. It's like the world is talking to you, but the problems don't stop. You try to cheer people up, but it never really works. Every time you talk to someone new it's like the same deal, everyone is so unhappy with life. Who wants to be around someone who knows when they find out? I feel like an outcast from everyone.

10:02 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

You start to wonder if it's all my fault?

10:04 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

@10:02
    I did not even know if I wanted to tell her, or not.

10:11 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

@10:02
    I just kind of wanted to keep her safe. You have seen the news in Japan...I just did not want that to happen. Please don't hate me.

Comment by Manuel
    20:48 22/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I want to say at least Japan posts anime girls on the streets, but changes like this are really bad for the country if they wanted anime to keep making an impression.

00:37 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Its actually a good thing. If anime gets any more popular that means more attention to japan. More attention to japan = west influence and a risk to shake the balance of a country. I dont want japan to be like america or euro where 80% of people is black or muslim.

02:34 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I live in Spain, southern Europe and I can assure you, not even combined do black, "muslim" and asians combined reach 80% of the population. Naturally I don't count hispanic, since technically we are the "patient zero" of the plague, my dear retarded racist.

02:57 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Of course you don't see them, the blacks all live on plantations to grow vegetables and fruits for the rest of europe.

21:29 24/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Nope, those are mostly romanian around here. Part of the EU last time I checked.
    It might be different for countries with different colonial and/or slavery policies, but I'd say that with inmigration rate under 20% (with some countries even under 10%, like England) saying that 80% of the population are made of minorities (racial or not) is ridiculously overblown, even laughable.

21:49 24/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

... or perhaps, mathematically IMPOSSIBLE.

80% 'minorities' would make YOU the minority.

Firstly, your logic is completely flawed.
    Secondly, you're a racist idiot.

21:31 24/10/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Whites are endangering themselves with their declining, so stop complaining and go make children right now!

01:55 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

He's not racist. In the US blacks are 13% percent of the population but if you watch any amount of TV including the commercials you would think you were living in Nairobi.
    Whites are fast becoming the endangered species in the US

Good riddance! I hope racist clowns like you are wiped off the face of the earth.

00:38 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

redo on the mascot, everything is wrong.
    one- she doesn't look Japanese to me, she looks like chinese copying western hairstyle by using brown hair dye. the clothes are too much western
    two- the pose give a bad impression, she look like a sadist that is about to wet herself in sexual manner while leading people in trouble.
    if i had the chance to design the mascot. she'll have black hair that will reach her waist/hip and wear a kimono with a train design to show Japanese pride, while in the pose of her like in the 4 pic: legs close, one hand is out and other hand is down and at side, and a cute and innocent welcoming smile.

02:29 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

First, sadists don't wet themselves in a sexual manner : masochists do.
    Second, those too much western clothes are the official uniform for female Tokyo Metro employees. If you think a kimono with train patterns is better than the corporative image to show their pride, go see a doctor.

22:11 22/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

What drugs are you guys on? That image Artefact posted is not complaining about sexualization or whatever. For example, the author of the image comments that her overly twisted pose looks like she needs to go pee, and her expression makes her look like she's in a love trance, or trying to flirt with a guy. The complaint about the transparency is, on the image's word, "unnecessary". This isn't appropriate for someone who's supposed to be the symbol of a public company. You want a public officer that inspires trust and responsibility, not someone with a "I kind of need to pee!!" pose, or wears skirts that emphasize her butt, etc. And the artist even keeps the blushing expression on the right so it still looks CUTE without looking STUPID.

01:34 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

They do the right thing redesign her pose.
    The left is just like a horny girl holding her piss while inviting you along.

Comment by Nin
    01:30 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

That is supposed to be "showing her pantsu"? I want a pair of the glasses these faggots were looking at the picture with!

Comment by ♥Jacky la Mort♥
    00:53 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

The pose on the left looks like a house wife asking you to have her dinner and then have her for dessert.

Now if they actually finish the one on the right, instead of just using a sketch, it would work.

Comment by MuChaDo
    01:55 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I completely missed the transparent skirt thing until it was pointed out. Looks like the artist tried to smuggle a bit of cheeky service in. Will have to look out for that trick in future.

Well, transparent skirt is ugly anyway. But no clue what about the pose is so terrible :P

01:45 23/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

XD I agree. ;D