Zelda Movie Fan Trailer – Ghibli Style

Zelda-Movie-Fan-Trailer-1

Zelda-Movie-Fan-Trailer-2

Zelda-Movie-Fan-Trailer-3

An animated fan trailer for a non-existent Zelda movie has been amassing attention online due to it possessing a Ghibli-esque style, making some wonder why the widely-praised Zelda franchise has yet to actually receive a movie of some sort considering the profits it could yield…

The impressive fan-made trailer, hopefully not to be targeted with a cease and desist:

06:01 22/09/2016 # ! Good (+0.8)

Fans care more about Nintendo series than Nintendo does.

13:07 22/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Nintendo is about shareholders now days.

08:08 22/09/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I would love for Ghibli to do this mannnnn

Comment by Chen-04
    01:31 23/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I used to think this about Earthsea. Until Ghibli failed horribly at it.

13:21 22/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Would be nice.

16:43 22/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Shopkeeper selling the mirror shield, unique treasure hidden away in an ancient Gerudo temple? Pls.

8/10

Comment by No Name
    06:59 23/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Can you imagine if Nintendo and Studio Gibli came together to make a Zelda Movie. The profits from it would put Disney to shame.

15:21 22/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

What irks me to no end is that Ocarina of Time is THE Zelda game for most "fans" nowadays. When it should be A Link to the Past. Or Twillight Princess. TP went again into the right direction with it's temples, ancient ruins and spirits. How Zelda should be. But Ocarina was way to medieval Europe. And that's not Hyrule.

Comment by Chen-04
    01:38 23/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, OoT is still pretty much the best game of all time ever. Not just the best Zelda.

15:56 22/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

It's a generational thing, I think they all mean the same to everyone.

23:29 23/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I think that's it. ALttP was my entry into the series and it left a huge impression on me. @Chen-04: Some reviews gave it 100% yes and it defined new video game standarts but I cannot see it as my favourite Zelda. Nonetheless I know that it was the most important one in the series.

Comment by Chen-04
    23:10 25/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Personally my favorite Zelda is the first Zelda for NES. I played it after I played most other Zeldas and have to wonder why they so heavily downgraded the formula with ALttP and then went from there.

12:36 22/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Meh, not impress. The only thing good out of this fan made trailer are just static background panning across the screen and a really terrible job at animating Link riding a horse.

23:35 22/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

What do you expect to a one-man show, unless you already made similar to this one and show it what you made of.

05:57 22/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

The character animation was pretty rough but expected from a one man job, the cucoo tough was really well done and fitted the scene. Music was gorgeous and nostalgic, the background scenario was beautiful and well animated. This is has good has it gets for a Legend of Zelda movie.

09:41 22/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

There was so little animation. The backgrounds were nice sure, no question there, but come on Ghibli style... I don't think so. Animated... barely. I don't understand the hype around this. There are plenty of slideshows online with music. This is basicly the same except small portions are poorly animated.

18:24 22/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

The problem I have is that the distinction between animated and stationary elements is so blatant. It reminds me of the old animated movies that used rotoscoping to portray 'digital' characters.

Not to suck his metaphorical dick, but that separation is much less noticeable in Ghibli films. The animations feel more like a complete machine rather than multiple parts working together.