Top10-Anime-Difficult-to-Tell-Others-You-Adore-2016-3

Voters of this latest ranking have determined the beloved shows they find most embarrassing to admit to enjoying, with a majority of the anime present unsurprisingly featuring casts entirely comprised of cute girls sure cause doubts in the minds of uninitiated commoners.

The ranking:

1. Love Live!

Top10-Anime-Difficult-to-Tell-Others-You-Adore-2016-1

2. K-ON!

Top10-Anime-Difficult-to-Tell-Others-You-Adore-2016-2

2. IdolMaster

Top10-Anime-Difficult-to-Tell-Others-You-Adore-2016-3

4. Card Captor Sakura

Top10-Anime-Difficult-to-Tell-Others-You-Adore-2016-4

5. To Love-Ru

Top10-Anime-Difficult-to-Tell-Others-You-Adore-2016-5

6. Lucky Star

Top10-Anime-Difficult-to-Tell-Others-You-Adore-2016-6

6. Chuunibyou Demo koi ga Shitai!

Top10-Anime-Difficult-to-Tell-Others-You-Adore-2016-7

8. Haruhi Suzumiya

Top10-Anime-Difficult-to-Tell-Others-You-Adore-2016-8

9. Bakemonogatari

Top10-Anime-Difficult-to-Tell-Others-You-Adore-2016-9

10. Girls und Panzer

Top10-Anime-Difficult-to-Tell-Others-You-Adore-2016-10

22:32 17/09/2016 # ! Good (+0.6)

Kodomo no Jikan
    Astarotte no Omocha
    Yosuga no Sora
    Kiss X Sis
    Sakura Trick
    Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase

12:31 18/09/2016 # ! Good (+0.6)

I adore all of those. I solve the 'difficult to tell others' problem by not having any friends.

Comment by oniichan
    22:59 17/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

+ Strawberry Panic
    Ro-Kyu-Bu!
    Strike Witches
    Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasa

01:43 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Was Papakiki that embarassing? I don't remember it as such. There was the lolicon guy, but... It was a heartwarming story for me.

Comment by Mark
    13:53 19/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

The second one.

00:03 20/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Why Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase though? It's an anime fit for all ages and genders, only the OP is a bit strange.

07:21 17/09/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

One of these is not like the others: To Love-Ru. Everything else is mainstream enough that no one has problems admitting they like it. This list is ass just for having Kyoto Animation series in it.

23:27 17/09/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I tell my friends "I Love love live"
    My friends : U gay bro
    my mother : u gay son
    ma father : u gay
    my girlfriend : u gay darling, please fu.c off

I: =/ ok

10:43 19/09/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

But the characters in there are all girls. Unless you too are a girl you are far from being gay.

10:35 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Why Girls und panzer??? at least is fun and HAVE BETTER CGI ANIMATION to Berserk plop.

They need to put Macross Delta, because for a real fan of Macross that shitt never exist.

00:08 20/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Because it's super average I guess. To say that you adore it, or any other girls+theme anime, is just strange.

14:08 17/09/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

No Ro-Kyu-Bu or Kodomo no Jikan? People get ashamed if you even know those exist, and then those people become ashamed of themselves for knowing those series exist. Fuck, now I'm ashamed of myself.

Comment by Chen-04
    17:17 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Don't be. Both are great anime. Just like Mujaki no Rakuen.

05:57 17/09/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Honestly Macross should be on this list. From other anime fans I usually get side glances. Especially after delta.

19:09 17/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Idols are cancer. Delta, imas, love live, you name it. Idols anime must die.

01:09 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Thou shalt not worship false idols?

13:55 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Would it be too much to ask for a world of all loli? Endless dinners, pampering, reading, and peace does not sound so bad!

13:42 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Anything against lolis in there, father?

Good. I think I'm safe.

11:08 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

edgy

11:19 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Welcome to edge town! Population -YOU!

12:13 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

"That's All Folks!"

07:17 17/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Then that's just them being dumb. Macross is fucking classic.

15:47 17/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Depends on which version... 7 I hear wasn't that good (I think the creator questioned why he did it) and Delta isn't that good, not after Frontier and the Frontier movies.

Delta is plot-driven without much characterization (Frontier's chars had better development, even if you hated some of them), the technobabble is classic Hollywood science (Frontier only used what was necessary to explain the plot; Delta's like trying to watch Hollywood hacker movie), and what plot there is feels contrived and superfluous. (Zero and Plus had more plot in 4 eps.)

Frontier took after classic Macross. Delta seems to be the next 7. (Disclosure: My only direct experience with 7 was with the PSP Macross games. And from those, which mirror the sources pretty damn well, 7 was retarded. I would say its only saving grace was the mecha design for the VF-17, but Frontier one-upped that with the VF-171 anyway.)

I still have no fucking idea why they thought an idol group would be a good route. (And the staple love triangle is hinted at but practically non-existent. There may be some char development, but char interaction and relationship development is about as thin as the air in space.)

05:26 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

yeah dont base what you hear or think as solid proof. i fucken love macross 7 from all other macross and thats just my opinion but not bashing the others at all because i like them. i been hearing 7's music my whole life. long live basara and mylene (Yoshiki fukuyama!!)

13:50 17/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Milia Fallyna Jenius is my fave.

08:58 17/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

don't say silly things.

In my anime-club all love Macross.

Comment by Robert D Viewing
    03:18 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

This top ten should be full of just ecchi or idol anime in general

But card captor sakura? Hell no, that was the shxt when it was on TV here.

Comment by Robert D Viewing
    03:19 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Haruhi and Chuunibiyou shouldn't either.

21:09 17/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

NO those are cool, now Chobits after they see it..

18:34 17/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

for me naruto and dragon ball are the most embarassing anime of all time like vegeta goku and naruto sasuke bromance that not everybody noticed i guess

14:58 17/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Love Live is really hard to pronounce in Japanese and sounds like "raburabu" which sounds like some H anime .

14:42 17/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

That's perfectly normal considering SAO isn't on the list.

Comment by NakkiNyan
    14:32 17/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Hard to admit to loving CCS. Even with other con goers.
    Not sure why it would be hard to admit Bakemonogatari or Girls und Panzer. Not sure why I should care about the haters either, I am sure they have shit taste too.

15:26 17/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Monster Musume

05:17 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I feel like most of these shouldn't be on the list. o.O I can understand a few of these like Card Captor Sakura. I remember when I was in middle school I made sure not to tell anyone I liked Sailor Moon because I am a male. But Chuunibyou, and Haruhi? Uh... What?

Which brings up a question... What genders were the voters? Some of these would make sense if it's straight females afraid to admit they like some of the titles with a lot of fan service, or borderline nude girls. Some males might be embarrassed for similar reasons but a lot of these series aren't even ecchi in the least.

Can we get more details on how the votes were held? Was it just a poll with selected titles, or were people able to submit 1 title personally per vote? Is there any gender, and/or age data as well? If not that's fine. I'm just curious to see if there's any change between those variables.

18:48 17/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Im@s and K-on! Tie?

15:32 17/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

so cute girl anime?

10:32 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Very surprised not to see Strike Witches on the list.

Comment by Chen-04
    17:15 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Wut? I expected things like Tsukihime (because it doesn't exist), Aku no Hana (because it looks like shit) or Boku no Pico. What's so difficult about liking mainstream anime?

00:01 20/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol why's Bakemenogatari even on the list... I'd say it's way more bizarre not to like Bakemonogatari. Haruhi is also ok if you exclude the endless arc, the rest I can agree with as they're overrated trash.

06:35 22/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

all anime is deemed offensive in immersive western lands, including non-anime that people assume is anime, even if it's western

09:48 20/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm safe, haven't watched any of the shit up there

08:31 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Lol, rucky suta. It's only natural that not everyone will comprehend QUALITY.

10:44 19/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

It's full of otaku-specific in-jokes that normal people don't get.

Comment by elian
    08:28 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I proudly boast about Girls Und Panzer, also Strike Witches, Brave Witches, Haifuri, KanColle and all others in the family !

05:35 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Bakemonogatari (why not monogatari series?), Haruhi, Lucky star and Chuunybyou!? Really!? With a so much large fanbase? Indeed, almost all of them shows up in lists of most popular in any moment. Well, Japan is a shounen world (at least as wishful thinking.

13:31 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Maria-sama ga Miteru

13:06 18/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Perhaps my reading of the headline of this article:

"Top 10 Anime Most Difficult to Tell Others You Adore"

reads to me differently than it does others. Most of the anime on this list are ones that I have no problem, nor believe that anyone would even care to make contest to.
    Point being these are all pretty main-stream staples at this point. I for one, wouldn't be embarrassed to tell anyone that I liked any of these listed.

(I'm actually with you with To Love Ru. I could probably accept this one being a bit intimidating to tell a parent, teacher of someone of authority for example. I mean who would willingly stand up in court and testify that you watch anime that centers around the exposure of 13-17 year old girls' breasts, bare bottoms, and anything else that you wouldn't normally see a woman walking down the street showing off no matter her age.)

I can think of much better choices for this list.

1. Kodomo no Jikan (can you imagine what you'd be admitting to if you said you liked this? -officer? Pedo-bear crossing!)

2. Kiss x Sis (and who wouldn't just jump up and down over this series openly in public.)

3. High School DxD (Nothing says luscious like demonic *High School aged* girls especially if they're still budding at Double-D bra sizes.

4. Queens Blade/Rouge Hero Athestica~~ Same reason as 3.

5. Any anime that gives opportunity for 60 year old animators to draw flat-chested high school/middle school girls in little to no clothes and in the most embarrassing Harem relationships.

6. Any anime that promotes (or makes fun of for the purposes of exploitation) themes like incest (nothing better than seeing Kirito making out with his Sister... Cousin... I mean whatever she is... I'm sure they'll find a way to make it "legal". Fine. It may be legal, but it doesn't change the fact that it's disturbing to watch.)

7. Any anime that uses a 9 year old's body and CLAIMS that they're "adults" or "older-teens" and then proceeds to rob them of all their chastity.

I could keep going, but I'm tired of writing.

10:44 19/09/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

It's very hard to recommend to another person who isn't a hardcore lolicon due to the large amount of loli fanservice in there despite ostentatiously being about little girls und basketball.