Glicode “Teaching Kids How to Code Real Sweet Like!”

Pocky creator Glico has entered the market of smartphone games with “Glicode”, which focuses on teaching young children the basics of programming, a surprisingly educational pursuit which strangely seems to have nothing to do with forcing chocolates down the gullets of impressionable younglings.

Glicode tasks children with arranging their assortment of Glico snacks in a certain pattern in relation to the code presented to them; taking a picture of this arrangement will signal the game’s protagonist to perform a series of actions as a result.

The game, as played by its demographic:

14:45 10/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I wish shit like this existed when I was a kid. Instead, I had deal with people bitching about how computers are evil and would never become widely used.

Must be nice to be born in a technological age, instead of an age of fucking backwards morons.

17:11 10/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

We still have "fucking backwards morons", always will. They just find something else to bitch about. (Just look at the comments here on SanCom... Or better yet, Youtube.)

In the meantime, they've learned to be morons online to a bigger crowd in hopes of getting more converts.

Comment by knuclear200x
    07:53 11/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

If i eat all my pockies and almond peaks, can i still play?

12:52 10/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

As a programmer, I can only say that eating Glico products while coding makes it more enjoyable... Now, where did I leave my chocobanana Pocky?

07:07 10/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

This is a dangerous place to put actual pictures of kids on.

20:36 10/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I have to agree. Bukkake cannon incoming soon...

Comment by Hack./Y
    06:41 10/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Definitely an interesting thing and great idea :)!

08:10 10/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

this is why Japan is ahead of the u.s.

14:46 10/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Schools focusing more on facts and actual education instead of women's studies and other social justice nonsense probably also helps a great deal.

09:37 10/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Playing with your snacks...

Of course, people will make plastic version of the snacks so that kids won't actually have to play with food(and asking their parents to buy them more Pocky)

Considering that it is a food imitation, there will be kids who will mistake the fake as the real snacks and consume it, leading to food poisoning or death by choking.

11:41 10/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Am I the only one that finds the choking hazards amusing
    on the back of boxes? I guess when you have seen it all
    it just becomes icing on the cake.

11:31 10/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Where do we go when the machines code for us?