Clannad Creator Jun Maeda “Needs Heart Transplant”

JunMaeda-Heart-Transplant

Revered Key writer Jun Maeda (responsible for such heart-wrenching classics as Clannad and Kanon) has revealed that he is in need of a heart transplant, a tragic turn of events that many have rather tastelessly been comparing to his other project “Angel Beats” due to the resemblance of the sad circumstances.

Initially checking into a hospital near the end of February, the 41-year-old writer was soon discharged months later after receiving treatment for hear disease (idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy); a month later however, Maeda had tweeted that he would need a heart transplant:

“I’m back from my medical examination. Seems like what the doctors told me before, that I’m going to need a transplant, still holds true. It looks like I can’t go on living with my own heart. It’s going to cost a lot, and for the surgery I’ll need to be hospitalized, which is something I’m so tired of now.”

The legendary writer had ensured his numerous devout followers that he still has long to live and will continue writing, although sadly it seems his own life might no longer feel out of place in one of his works.

00:36 03/08/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Ironic. One of the "biggest" hearts in Japan needs replacing. There's got to be an international effort to donate to pay this. What Japan - it's your healthcare system as bad as the U.S.'s???

Comment by SomeDuder
    02:39 05/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Just murder some hobos and keep murdering till you find a heart that is compatible.

10:26 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I really enjoyed Charlotte. Fight me.

Comment by Chen-04
    01:58 02/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Why? I liked Charlotte, too.

00:16 02/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd rather not; It's unseemly to abuse the mentally retarded, even if they are asking for it.

Comment by SomeDuder
    02:38 05/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Harsh, but amazing. +1.

04:09 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Fukushima radiation poisoning.

Comment by Rya
    05:51 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

"It's going to cost a lot", someone please explain Japanese healthcare system to me. Isn't this exactly the kind of thing healthcare should cover?

10:17 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I think you have to pay for shit there (not socialized hence Japan has low tax rate compared to e.g., Sweden).

Comment by HouseLife
    09:16 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

A heart transplant is beyond expensive and not covered in nearly every case. It can be from $250,000 to $1,000,000 in some cases if you're lucky enough to find someone compatible who can provide it on passing undamaged (and the line of people ahead of you doesn't get first dibs before you die).

On top of that, put simply, the human heart is actually the source of the body's existence, not the brain. Science is finally catching up to what metaphysics has known for a long time. It is why a heart transplant receiver will nearly always reject the heart, and has to be on constant medication basically the rest of their lives to artificially keep it in check. They also have said they experience memories and dreams of the former person's life, which makes perfect sense. The brain is what keeps our motor functions going, but the heart has far more in terms of 'circuitry' than the brain does, and is the source in many ways of what makes us a human being. Only a few on the planet are specialized in heart transplants as well.

How I cured my cancer was finding out why my body got cancer based on what I was missing in my life, and then went through some soul searching and took a lot of vitamins and changed my diet to give my body the ability to fight it off itself.

This is not surprising, the double-edged sword is a man who can write that much tragedy has a heart problem. Ironically I shit you not, if he wrote something that was just truly happy without wanting to make everyone feel like their heart is trying to escape their body to get away from the pain, he may actually cure himself.

Comment by Rya
    22:49 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Cool story, bro. But we are already experimenting (on humans) to transplant pig organs. Will they have flashbacks of feeding troughs? And for every one healed by happy thoughts, thousands of vaccine deniers die.

15:41 02/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Comment by HouseLife
    13:36 03/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

That article shows exactly what I was talking about. A drug induced life extension, not an acceptance of the heart. Babboons don't have human consciousness and neither do pigs.

At best they need to explore what Ghost in the Shell did, by extracting the DNA of the human and genetically engineering a heart and transplanting it into the pig to grow, then harvesting it for use later on the human in question so it contains their essence.

In either case, everything I said is covered in that article. It's like a drug induced lobotomy for the heart. But still, heart transplant is not a cure, they never have to actually remove the heart to cure the disease, they just won't know that for a few more decades probably.

Comment by HouseLife
    13:17 02/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Pig organs, but not pig hearts. The tests don't show much in terms of life expectancy on what they have done either. There are elements to the human heart current science has not yet fully begun to understand, not by a long shot. When they do, transplants will become irrelevant.

Cutting has never actually healed anything in the history of humanity, only removed symptoms which caused more symptoms. Only someone who doesn't truly understand illness would think to remove a human organ, that much I can guarantee you. I've lived it and regret it.

03:20 02/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

This reminds me to value my heart more. Maybe I should stop watching anime at weekend and get exercised more..

01:08 02/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

He "needs a heart transplant". In quotes like he could be lying about it...

11:22 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Jun made my favorite song of all times, Hyakunen no Natsu, I will never forget that song, hope and pray for his best.

07:33 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I find that quite ironic.

13:22 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Just imagine though. If he makes it through, he's gonna have more source material. Jun Maeda as heroine in future game!

08:44 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Too much HNNNNGGGG can wear down your heart.

23:17 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

A human heart was not made to endure so many feels.

Comment by Enfield Mundo
    09:37 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

So true, and so very very sad indeed. I mean, you gotta love his works. He's what made Key what it is today.
    Well, hopefully thinks go right for him...

09:12 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

If not, well he can get sex 5 minutes before he dies

Comment by Jake Cruz
    03:16 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Literally heart-wrenching for him...

11:40 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

really? Have a heart dude.

Comment by Hack./Y
    03:45 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Along with 3,500 worldwide.

16:17 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope you still have that adolescent chip on your shoulder well into your 40's for the lulz.

10:15 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

what's that a reference to? Because if it's just 3,500 people worldwide needing a heart transplant (out of 7,000,000,000+ people), it's not that many.

02:04 02/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Ye just kill them. Problem solved. -USA President

And your point being? He deserves a heart transplant just as much as the 3500 that you insinuate are being shoved aside because he's "somehow famous", which is complete nonsense.

Comment by Nin
    04:06 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

"Needs Heart Transplant" in quotation marks...

06:14 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

because it's a quote man.

12:20 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Shh, don't tell them that quotation marks aren't used for emphasis.

05:41 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

My mom has the same sickness but can live with a pacemaker 'only'. Hope he won't end up as tragic as his characters. Would be an actual real loss.

10:24 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Can always get a modified pig heart transplanted... We're making quite a lot of breakthrough in this domain and japan is probably not as restrictive on this stuff than a certain country ruled by religion where such thing is seen as "playing god" and forbidden.

17:07 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

You are retarded. You can't transplant a whole pig heart into a human. What they usually transplant is just certain part of it.

21:58 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Keep trolling you fucking shitstain.

10:12 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

A heart transplant sadly would mean waiting a potential donor to die.
    I for sure would have a hard time dealing with that.

Charlotte and Angel Beats were so shit they're killing Maeda.

I'm sorry.

06:14 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

charlotte was that mind reader shit, right?
    That was too generic, but angel beats was enjoyable.

06:00 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree with Charlotte, you're one mean motherfucker though.

Comment by Enfield Mundo
    09:39 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Charlotte was OK. It just didn't meet up to his other works standards, however.

You must be out of touch to be able to say things like that when he's literally in death's doors...

11:40 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

even if you don't like Angel Beats, gotta love Kanade^^

10:52 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Knocking on heaven's door.

Dude is trying to get attention. lol

Looks like my curses worked, no one needs such "sad" stories. Killing everyone is just pointless. Get on the level of Naruto, where the deaths actually matter and and make me feel, not just "Ok everyone's dead, literally everyone." If you buy that shit you deserve to watch shitty anime the rest of your life... And before anyone replies whining that Naruto is overrated or some shit, things are popular for a reason. 'Cause they're good dumb asses.

17:26 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

obvious troll is obvious

15:58 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

wtf man? we're talking about real human here, not some fantasy anime character

15:29 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

The most malignant piece of cancerous shit and the worst of all autismos has arisen men.

08:00 02/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

"Get on the level of Naruto"

LMAO. This has to be a troll.

11:39 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

yes. cause works like Naruto are good, dumb, asses. I agree, though you messed up on the punctuation:D

10:50 01/08/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Do you even read his works?

Jun Maeda's next work will be based on a true story.