FinalFantasyXIITheZodiacAge-PV-1

FinalFantasyXIITheZodiacAge-PV-2

FinalFantasyXIITheZodiacAge-PV-3

Final Fantasy XII, one of the Final Fantasy series’ first (and unfortunately not the last) forays into the action RPG genre will be receiving an HD remaster entitled “Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age“, giving players an opportunity to relive the experience and stingier critics a chance to play for the first time.

The HD remaster will boast a variety of alterations, including enhanced graphics, Japanese and English voice-overs, auto-saving and a slew of new content, which may possibly persuade fans of the original into repurchasing the title.

A PV of the remaster and its aesthetic beauty:

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will be playable at E3 next week and is slated for release on PS4 sometime in 2017.

12:17 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

I just hope they trash the random chest system.

Not going to spend hours going into the crystal again just to find the chest I want didn't even spawn or not have the item I am there for.

02:02 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Give us the remake that fans ACTUALLY want....Final Fantasy VI.

01:48 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I always put Fran in the lead so I could stare at her ass all throughout the game.

17:32 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Man, I really wanted them to change Vaan to look more like that FFTA2 artwork. I always avoided using him because his design is horrible. And those abs... uh.

07:09 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I can't wait to see Fran's nice ass again!

03:15 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I really wish characters other than Balthier, Asche and Bash had real character development in this game. If so, the game would hvae been amazing instead of just really good. It's too bad Matsuno left halfway through, you can feel his hands all over the game but it's just not complete like FF Tactics and Vagrant Story were, something didn't fully click.

07:13 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Well, they have the chance for that development now. Adding sidequests that expand characters is not specially difficult...

00:49 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Here comes the shitty comments saying all the shit they can come up with even tho they havent tried/played the remastered version yet. anda lot more shitty commments saying that FF## is better yadda yadda yadda.

00:39 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

...Why? This is the most boring one of all. Why bother remastering a game with tons of plotholes, boring characters, and tries to be an MMORPG?

01:40 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Because it was actually fun

02:22 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

I agree that it is fun once you get used to the gameplay mechanics. Not a big fan of MMORPGs, but it was a nice change of pace for gameplay. Still like the original FF gameplay, though.

07:09 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

In fact the game system is probably the one I liked the best since FF7.

Comment by Conflicted
    16:15 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

Yeah this one wasn't bad at all. Different? Indeed. But change isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Comment by Mitchell
    14:49 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah so much fun I cant remember a damn thing about it, and I can recall every 100'000 games I've played but this one :| I do remember grinding monsters but that's about it.

You have a poor concept of what fun is. Play Final Fantasy VI & educate yourself on what fun ACTUALLY is boy.

02:08 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

"I didn't like it so no one else is allowed to like it!"

04:21 08/06/2016 # ! Drivel (-0.8)

FFVI is garbage

06:36 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Because of Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca, need to say more? ;)

06:32 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe you say Final Fantasy 13.

I had a better time with XII than i did with VIII, X and X-II, shit is underrated as fuck.

This tbqdesu

This is the one remake besides ff7 I wanted. Yes the mc sucked and story is mediocre but the MUSIC and GAMEPLAY is one of the best. Gameplay looks like an action game but very much still turn based and wished they used this battle system for the ff7 remake instead of turning that into an action game.

Comment by HouseLife
    08:15 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

This time around, think of the game like a Tolkien-esque World Driven plot instead of a character driven plot. Once you realize that (took me until half-way through) then suddenly it changes your perspective on how to feel about the game. Vaan wasn't really the MC, but more the vessel by which the story was told from an everyman perspective. They could have done more of a characterization element, but the characters weren't so much the focus rather than what was happening to the world. It was a complete turn-around from its non-MMO predecessor while doing a similar thing, which is why it came off feeling so strange.

I enjoyed it a lot, but I still wanted a lot more character moments so it could build the characters more inside the world-driven plot, which is what Tolkien managed to do as well.

Comment by Conflicted
    16:17 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm glad you're still around here.

10:51 10/06/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

looks like my emulated version from 6 years ago.

11:47 10/06/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

"Action RPG" lol did you even play the game, Rift?

17:18 09/06/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Van still has the super creepy abs

01:03 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

At least the added some normal mapping, if they didn't you'd get the same experience emulating the game, the game was better looking than the PS2 could deliver for sure.

I do like the game, i'll get it for sure once it hits Steam, which it will.

I think the reason most people doesn't like it is because they didn't have the patience to pay attention to the story, 'cause you do need to pay attention, to every bit of it.

03:09 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Well I'm hype. Maybe just nostalgia, but I really loved this FF. Yes I like the NES and SNES FFs, including VI. I even liked X. But this one just stands out to me somehow.

I demand every copy.

01:12 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Gotta admit tho I did like the story and voice acting in this game. politics is a personal fav of mine anyway

01:42 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Fran was hot. Who doesn't like a gyura bunny warrior. Although the fingers were kinda creepy.

I'm stoked that I can finally play this with Japanese audio rather than fucking earcancer.

Comment by HouseLife
    08:17 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Fran's voice was fucking amazing. That Icelandic accent was so sexy I couldn't believe it. If nothing else I am happy to replay it with the voice quality not having to be shit on to fit on a PS2 disk so it gets the quality it needed.

Ummm...this game was in no way an action RPG other than fleeing enemies and positioning the 1 character you control.

Comment by Rya
    00:57 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

Ashe's ass. Only reason for playing FF12. Now in HD? Meh, might take a look.

01:14 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Fran's ass is pretty decent too

01:39 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Ashe? Never noticed. Gimme some of that Frannie Fanny!

06:47 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

She's a widow tho

Comment by Rya
    00:42 09/06/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Gotta look at the positives. Widow's usually come with an inheritance.

I'd rather play FF XII again than any of the FF XIII or the FF XV that will surely suck as much.

Comment by Butt Finkly

FFXII was not an action RPG. It had the illusion of being one since there was no separate battle screen and you could reposition your characters on the field during combat, but all actions were chosen via a menu and there was an ATB system in place.

Comment by WEL
    00:56 08/06/2016 # ! Drivel (-1.0)

The game's not action based tho, quite the contrary. You can literally make the game play itself with the gambit mechanic. So combat in this game is mostly micro-management instead of active.

Comment by Conflicted
    16:23 08/06/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Yes and no. Part of the combat system was shifting through several different gambits on-the-fly as well as intervening by selecting attacks and spells manually when the need arises.