I Am Setsuna E3 Trailer Gets Ahead Of Itself

IAmSetsuna-Early-E3-Trailer-1

IAmSetsuna-Early-E3-Trailer-2

IAmSetsuna-Early-E3-Trailer-3

A new trailer for Square Enix’s “I Am Setsuna” has showcased the game’s premise, world and has even briefly touched on its battle system – with the trailer arriving ahead of its scheduled E3 air date in an effort to give impatient fans an early taste of what is to come.

The tranquil trailer:

I am Setsuna will tell its tale in the west on July 19th for the PS4 and PC.

Comment by Blazenwhiper
    07:07 26/05/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I Question any game/movie that Ever uses the "And Instant classic" Or "Timeless Tale" In their own trailer.

Is it just me or does the story in this seem too depressing...

04:58 26/05/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Ah, the downvotes.... I forgot this is a website full of self-loathing weeaboo teens who enjoy wallowing in drama.

18:48 26/05/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Sad stories really suck and it makes me sad(obviously) but I'd take a fulfilling sad story over a nonsense happy story anyday.

I was excpecting another lenguage i don't mind english subs but hearing it is another thing

second picture made me think Lavos

Comment by Rya

Eh, PS4? I can understand PC release because lots of retrogamers (I might even take a look at it) but PS4? Seriously, Grandia 2 15 years ago had similar graphics and a more intricate battle system. This is barely mobile game standards.

21:44 25/05/2016 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Cause we all know graphics > everything, right!

Comment by Rya

No, but effort > lazy cash grab.

00:41 26/05/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

This is the first new and exciting thing Square has done since TWEWY. The game looks like it has lot of heart put into it compared to the actual lazy cash grabs, aka this entire fucking genre for the last few years. New IPs are never cashgrabs and it's like moving a mountain to even get something new like this to exist.

And tbh it looks great. I would take 10 of these games over the shit show that is FF15

20:15 25/05/2016 # ! Drivel (-0.8)

Grandia III looks generic as fuck kid

17:25 25/05/2016 # ! Drivel (-1.0)

nothing to see here, just square enix in its death throes

Comment by Calahan
    17:55 25/05/2016 # ! Good (+0.6)

Or it could be a small step in the right direction by releasing a new game with the ATB battle system.

As this was the battle system prevalent during the golden age of the Final Fantasy series and Crono Trigger (before all the action RPG rubbish came along in XII+), and it played a major part in the huge success that Square saw from several of their games in the 90's. This is also the battle system that the vast majority of long-time FF/Square fans want to see used in new games.

So if this game shows a willingness for Square Enix to listen to what their long-time fanbase want to see (or Square fans to be precise), and a willingness to stop desperately trying to cater to the Action RPG market, then it might mean Square Enix have not become a total waste of space, and I for one might start buying their games again after more than a decade (or at least those using ATB).

Comment by Trigrim
    18:36 25/05/2016 # ! Drivel (-1.0)

Did you just claim that XII has action RPG gameplay? Are you retarded?

22:28 25/05/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Agree with calahan, In ff12 u could basically setup gambits and auto control But i found i had to be a Perma healer to keep My party alive or Do major over levelling Plus 12 was meh, All the 13s were better than 12s system

Comment by Idris
    08:22 21/06/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Wow Trigrim, you are one grade-A quality asshole that's for sure.

Comment by Calahan
    20:25 25/05/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

FFXII uses the ADB system, and with this system the battle does not pause while the player is selecting commands (there is a Wait option that can be enabled if the player wishes). Square Enix made a conscious and deliberate decision to change their battle system to a more action orientated one, chiefly to try and appeal to a wider market audience.

So because the battles do not pause for commands, the player's reaction time becomes a factor, and battles are generally much faster and more action orientated as a result. So yes, FFXII is an Action RPG, or at least it is compared to the other FF games that came before it. Whether or not it matches the level of "Action" seen in other non-FF games is another matter. But this topic, and my comment, is about "I am Setsuna" and Square/Square Enix, and is a relevant comparison in that context.

So no, I'm not a retard. Although thank you for your concern about my mental well-being.

Comment by Trigrim
    22:45 25/05/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I am pretty sure that your response proves that you are retarded, try to cut down on the lead paint, drugs and/or alcohol.
    Please do listen to me as I am only concerned for you mental well-being.

20:16 25/05/2016 # ! Drivel (-1.0)

aww~ butthurt downvoters cannot into reality

21:53 25/05/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Sorry to disappoint you but, few minutes on google told me completely different story.

also "aww~ butthurt downvoted cannot into reality"

dat englando tho

23:31 25/05/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

it's babbies first day on the internet, move along people

20:13 25/05/2016 # ! Drivel (-1.0)

You know the state of japanese game development has fallen greatly when big money Square-Enix produces a game that looks like a decade old game by Nihon Falcom.

21:08 25/05/2016 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I'm honestly all for it. When Final Fantasy XV has a ten-year development cycle and FFVII is "too big" to release as one game because of the super expensive HD assets, I'd rather just look at something that's pleasing to the eye without taking 95% of the development time and budget away from the actual content of the game. I don't play RPGs for state-of-the-art graphics.

21:36 25/05/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

RPG's are for gameplay if my nostalgia of Final Fantasy 1-6 was anything to go by.

20:59 25/05/2016 # ! Good (+0.8)

are we watching the same video here