Ghibli-TheRedTurtle-Trailer-1

Ghibli-TheRedTurtle-Trailer-2

Ghibli-TheRedTurtle-Trailer-3

Studio Ghibli have given the masses a glimpse at its next upcoming animated film “The Red Turtle”, (their first project since Mizaki’s supposed departure), generating mixed reactions in the process and causing more excitable fans to believe that the studio’s fate may very well be hanging in the balance.

The intriguing trailer for the French-Japanese production:

The Red Turtle’s French debut has been announced for June 29th, there is yet no word as to the date of its Japanese or western release.

10:03 22/05/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Spirited Away is sadly the last great thing to come from Ghibli and that was 15 years ago.

05:10 23/05/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

No fucking way! Spirited Away was SHITTY! The last really great was Mononoke Hime.

Comment by Chen-04
    06:12 23/05/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd argue Mononoke-hime is also the only really great Ghibli movie. (Nausicaa was from Topcraft.)

Then you must've not watched The Tale of Kaguya Hime, or if you didn't think anything of it you must 10yrs old or at least of that mental age.

Comment by Chen-04
    01:28 23/05/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

No, I watched that one. It's actually shit, except maybe when you're 10 years old. At that age everything is awesome.

Comment by Chen-04
    00:06 26/05/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

It was boring, because the story is old and I knew it before the Ghibli movie. Heck, there are at least three anime movies that predate the Ghibli version and one of them was released before WWII ended.

Everything gets old after you heard it a thousand times and so does Kaguya-hime. Ghibli's Take on it wasn't all that interesting. Though, I admit to not liking the story in the first place.

Comment by SomeDuder
    20:01 24/05/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Maybe its time to stop thinking that cartoons are meant for working adults. idk, just saying.

And kaguya was fine. unique animation, fairytale plot, what's not to like? unless you want more moe crap or guys with swords fighting dragons/mechs/zombies, which is so goddamn generic that chinese sweatshop animators are killing themselves over having to draw more generic 15-year_old_boy_with_sword.jpg

19:18 22/05/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Good, I am mentally 10. Well, at least I am happy and I am surviving. Nobody should judge me. :)

05:59 22/05/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

cast away with video game graphics does not excite me, looks like saturday cartoon show.

05:42 22/05/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

This actually does look pretty interesting, mostly for how un-Ghibli-like it looks, but after the total shitshow that was When Marnie Was There, I'm really gonna need to do some research before I ever buy another Ghibli film.

06:59 22/05/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Well, this isn't a Ghibli film. They just produced it from a French studio.

09:08 22/05/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Should have hired the frogs behind Renaissance instead. Cause that decade old film has better CGI than this trailer does.

Comment by SomeDuder
    05:35 22/05/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Ghibli might be done for...

21:15 22/05/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

That's some very good 3D animation, and very good 3D shaders. I'm surprised that they chose to do it all with 3D graphics, but whatever. Story looks boring, but the 3D animation of the humans is of a quality I've never seen before.
    I've seen 3D animation of monsters and animals with that high of a quality, just not humans.

18:00 22/05/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Ghibli? Really? All i can see in the trailer is Michael Dudok de Wit :(

03:25 23/05/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

On their IMDB page there is "La tortue rouge" but, from the trailer it seemed more like Ghibli was just consulting the other studio for making their movie more feelsy.
    Anyway looked interesting abd tbh, I've maybe watched like 3 Ghibli movies anyway.
    After a few you've basically seen them all so it's about time they explored some other venues and maybe making some other genre great again.

Thanks for reminding me I wanted to watch some Tail of the Sun playthroughs.

Comment by Edimar

Very beautiful animation, and apparently with a beautiful story

C'est un bon film et dramatic, 9/10 ( it's a beautiful movie and dramatic, 9/10 )

-KanadeGod

Comment by SugoiMan
    07:04 22/05/2016 # ! Good (+0.4)

is it a story about a man cast away and fuck a red turtle? then the red turtle born a daughter and leave. Father fuck daughter?

No, just a good story, no sexuality but a little bit of puberty.

-KanadeGod