Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization A Real Grind

SwordArtOnlineHollowRealization-Battle-PVs-1

SwordArtOnlineHollowRealization-Battle-PVs-2

SwordArtOnlineHollowRealization-Battle-PVs-3

New gameplay PVs for Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization have emerged, showcasing various battles and mechanics to inform potential buyers about what to expect of the game – though the title will likely garner numerous sales regardless simply due to Sword Art Online’s astonishing popularity.

The new thrilling gameplay PVs:

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization will go online this autumn for the PS4 and Vita, with a western release slated for later in the year.

01:55 11/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Hollow Realization that people suck.

01:31 11/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Why is Sinon playing melee?

14:17 11/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

its SAO not Gun Gale

07:29 12/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Even in SAO Shinon had a Bow...

17:14 27/10/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

no,she didn't have it in SAO,but in Affihelm's world where SAO's world's been merged(copied) into Affihelm,there's no actual ranged weapon(excluding throwing weapons)in SAO,though you can still throw a sword skill infused rock or something

08:32 11/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Waiting for PC port

20:16 10/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Ever since I played Witcher 3(and loving it), I can't help drawing comparison between it and every RPG since, whether it's Japanese or Western. Sure, the combat can never match anything but the most mediocre of JRPGs, but it more than makes up for that with the sheer amount of content and how at least 60% of your choices have impact on the main characters, entire villages and whole countries.

I await the day JRPGs can outmatch Witcher 3. It's a shame that games like FFVII remake, published by a company larger than CDPR, will be cut down in content and sold in pieces. They have the fund, they have the manpower(at least they have a larger pool of talent than fucking Poland to headhunt...), but they lack the political will because executives are too deep inside their own asses to decide on game development based on little else but short-term investor sentiment and revenue statistics.

12:40 10/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I hate to imagine the fact that I have to do the same amount of grinding like I did on SAO:HF in this game. It's just pain

06:59 10/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Really happy they went back the Hollow Frag formula. Though after playing through Lost Song, there's no way in hell I'm paying full price for one of their games again.

13:01 10/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Lost Song was a serious step back in terms of content when compared to RE: Hollow Fragment (or even the original HF). Hollow Realization looks like a mix of the two games. And if you're worried about money, don't import. Bandai Namco is working concurrently on the Japanese and English releases (sub, no dub). Don't know if they'll be released at the same time, but they won't be far off.

06:48 10/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Ordered Lost Song on Monday, then found out it's a sequel to Re: Hollow Fragment, so I ended up downloading yesterday.

So I'm actually looking forward to this game.

Comment by Hayate
    13:03 10/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

yeah, it must be fun fighting a monster that barely moves. and I had to grind with that?

14:28 10/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Enemy AI is sad.

I would prefer enemies that have decend defensive ability and mechanics that will bypass those defenses for easy kill, said mechanics should be hard to execute but possible at any level.

As for FFXIV HUD rip off, it's not exactly the same but yeah.

At least FFXIV Enemy AI is better and not so much grindfest unless a boss or a miniboss in the field that is meant for several players to deal with.

Why game developers choose to go the terrible grind fests instead of intelligent DPS checks ?

It's so annoying that I can't get a decent rpg game nowadays without at least 100 hours grinding xp. I miss old FF7 PC.

03:09 11/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't think that can even be classified as "AI" when the enemy just stands in place and fires off generic area-of-affect attacks at random.

Kirito is a fucking self insert, why can't I make my own character instead, and feel the glory of NTRing him. Kinda like that Code Geass psp game.

09:25 10/04/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

You can, from the character creation screens they have showed you can not only set what your name will be in story (which can be different from your online name), you can also even change your gender.

Comment by Siveria
    18:53 03/05/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Problem here is they still call you kirito regardless just like SAO: HF which is just immersion breaking when your char is a diff gender and name. i hope if they let you be female the female avatar actually has tits this time, cuz in SAO:HF it was bascally kirito's male avatar in a slightly diff idle pose and thats it.

22:37 10/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

"I don't like self inserts, so I'll make a self-insert character to spite this self-insert character!"

Beautiful hypocrisy, mate.

06:14 11/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

forget NTR:
    i'd rather kill him over and over and over AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.........

gonna b like dark souls all over again. watch his ass turn hollow.

11:01 10/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

He's a damn self insert!
    But why can't I insert myself in the game!?

So they stole FFXIV hud system and put it in this game,classy

03:30 11/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

The designers have said that they where heavily influenced by FFXII when they did Hollow Fragment and FFXIV for this one.

21:04 10/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

all MMOs are so similiar, like what's the appeal? Bad graphics, boring missions, takes shit ton of time to make any progress.

14:46 10/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I was thinking the exact same thing... Hopefully the system in detail is not a FF XIV rip-off as well.