Witch & Hundred Knight Revival Launch Trailer Emerges

A launch trailer for PS4 port The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition has surfaced, allowing potential buyers a glimpse at what the bonus title has on offer, so they can decide if it is merely a waste of time or something worth forking out hard-earned cash for (again).

The launch trailer, featuring Mettalia (who is now playable) and “hundreds” of other new additions:

The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition and its mischievous “chivalry” can be experienced in the west now.

02:41 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I liked the story bug bug that randomly make game crash killed my motivation to end it. Hope it Will be fixed

04:14 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes thats why this Version exists, it also fixed that Bug.

04:29 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Will wait for the shitty PC port. Then for the unofficial community patch. Then for a sale. If by that time I don't have anything better to play, I might think about buying it.

01:21 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I would gladly play it again, but
    It's a choice between pirating it or learn Japanese.
    PC port never ever. Fucking NIS.

04:02 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Just wait for it to drop in price. PS4 games almost always lose their value, especially in the UK. I bet by Christmas you can pick up for 20 quid or something.

04:14 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah, or i just wait until someone shells it out cheap on Ebay.. thats how i got my Disgaea 5 Game.. for like 25€. not even kidding.

06:43 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

It also came with everything included - Soundtrack CD, Artbook and extra Cover in unused Condition.
    Thats why im hoping that something like that could happen again with the Witch and Hundred Knight Game.... cause.. you never know :D.

06:36 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

It was bought in Italy (hence why the Cover and Manual is in Italian) and it looks new and unused (minus the sealed wrapping) the Seller told me its not his Cup of Tea and he didnt care for how much he sells it since he got it as a Gift..so i happily snatched it from him, of course i had to do a quick search to find out if it had Jap/Eng Dubs and gladly, its the same as the NTSC, minus, Cover and Manual being written in Italian.
    Already pumped over 75 Hours into this Game and i am glad i bought it.
    He was also kinda happy, knowing the Game goes to someone who is a Fan of that Genre.

Comment by Rya
    07:53 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I bought my PS3 in 2011, never bought only one game from a shop. Rest of them second-hand. The one game that I bought I regretted immediately as it was the worst game of the decade, Fairy Fencer F. At least I sold it with a profit because apparently the game was kinda rare (Almost as if the retailers knew it sucked...). Some poor schmuck actually bought it from me for 55€.

07:41 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Ah okay, that sounds good. For reference pretty much all European games have the English language(And Japanese in case of JRPGS) on it, regardless of region.

04:16 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

New or used? I guess it depends on how much of a dumbass the seller is. I mean, you get people that list in the middle of the night meaning less bidders prior to the auction ending and potential bargains to be had.

21:58 02/03/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Is this going to have the game breaking bugs of its predecessor? IT is NISA after all, so I would expect it to have at least one of those.

22:42 02/03/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

the original game was such a shitty unplayable mess that i cant imagine this game being any better. i'm convinced now that NIS is a shitty dev and that they just got lucky with disgaea. and even that series is going to shit.

23:37 02/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

NIS does a way better work than NISA. You would be surprised knowing how many games are broken during their localization...

04:15 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

They fixed the Bug.. hence why the game gets rereleased on Ps4..

06:55 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

How can you say that before the game's actually been released in the west? Got some promo disc? Even then it doesn't mean anything...

07:14 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

PS4 is region free so he probably played the Japanese version.

07:48 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Japanese version on PS3 didn't have that bug too, as many other games released by NISA and turned into unplayable bugfest.

Comment by Trigrim
    05:52 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

That must really suck for the buyers of the PS3 version. If they want a that bug fixed they need to buy it again on the PS4.
    I would recommend waiting to see if there are any new bugs in this version.

Comment by jr2nd
    06:27 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

not really I have a ps3 and would love this game but I wouldn't buy a ps4 for it.

06:32 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Never patch the PS3 version.
    Release the PS4 version.

Quality customer service.

06:53 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

The PS3 version had a desastrous quality check, apparently.
    Else there wouldn't have been so fucking many freezes...

18:17 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

At first I thought it would be interesting, but then I saw the Koei tag on it. Although if the Gust tag was also on it I might just ignore that fact there and say was it done by the man who shall not be named though?

07:40 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

10/10 would bang... i mean, buy.

21:35 02/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I feel the same way, i like more the original Japanese Voices than the annoing and cheesy american voices it sounds terrible, i almost lost my hearing sense, they should put an option to choose the language of the voices like odin sphere.

20:49 02/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

ugh that fucking voice, damn english dub

07:24 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Dub sounds decent enough to me, its not like most of us can even understand the jap dub never mind whether its of quality or not. Personally I don't understand why people would rather read an anime instead of just being able to innately understand what's said, at that point why not just read the manga.

21:27 02/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Yet you will find no end of people who will call any dub a masterpiece. No joke, it's like people are conditioned to like shit dubs.

21:45 02/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

which means those people must love shit itself =)

03:59 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

^^^ I agree with this Anon 100%. I like Dub anime but that's mostly for stuff when I'm trying to enjoy the animation itself and not have to read it.

That being said there's a bunch of anime I absolutely HATE that's dubbed and will take the sub any day. Definitely a case by case scenario in some regards

22:24 02/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Dunno, there seems to be a lot of hardcore dub fans who worship the voice actors. Talk bad of any of them and you'll get nothing but rage.

00:08 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

It's not the best, but it's still a hell of a lot better than some of the worst I've heard. I'd give it a firm C- since the voices don't make me feel physically ill.

00:29 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Considering the failure of the original game, the decision to port it to the PS4 just baffles me.
    No amount bonus content can fix poor gameplay and a not so good story, never mind the shitty 3D graphics and animations.

While i respect that NIS went outside their SRPG comfort zone and tried something different, they should not do so until they have more employees experienced in making full 3D actions games.

Little off topic: imagine NIS collaborating with From Software, that would create an interesting game i think, even though it will never happen.

01:27 03/03/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

It was a nice game despite NISA being usual failure with their game-breaking bug and mediocre (I'm being generous) translation.