• Anonymous says:

The novels are fucking boring… A lot of people say they are good, but they’re boring. This adaptation is trying not to be boring and doing a decent job. Just don’t expect the story to go anywhere meaningful. Not a lot happens in the novels either.

• Carl Evans says:

So far I think this anime is decent. I didn’t read the light novels (I haven’t read ANY light novels), and I don’t know anything about this series other then what I’ve watched so far. I just dig the Fantasy genre, and the story and characters are interesting. My only complaint is the plots snail’s pace. These past 8 episodes could’ve been condensed to 4 or 5. It could still go downhill in a million ways, but I’m optimistic. I like it better then SAO, Log Horizon, or DanMachi.

• Anonymous says:

The biggest problem with the anime is actually that it is an MMO anime, they seem to have done it to skimp on character backgrounds, just “throw some characters in there, and they have no memories, and then they kill stuff (or try to and fail miserably anyhow)”. I quite like this anime, but it’s pretty obvious it would have been better if they hadn’t gone for the whole mmo anime style.

• Well I guess we could days they all copied .Hack going by your silly logic… It’s not a copy paste, this show has its own uniqueness. Yes they are trapped in a game just like all the previous before its time .Hack, SAO, Log Horizon, Damachi, Overlord and even BTOOM but the concept is different from Log Horizon in its own way. I think the word your looking for is called Genres and it exists for everything, be it movies, books, games or anime yet as long as the same things don’t happen there is no real copying. This show is a lot darker than Log Horizon.

• Anonymous says:

A big difference between this show an SAO and LH is that it makes clear that this fantasy world is deadly serious and not just fun and games. Both SAO and LH trivialize the difficulty of death and combat in comparison with Grimgar. The learning curve alone is a much more realistic treatment than LH or SAO ever gave us.

• Anonymous says:

Uh troll? This anime is way better than log horizon and sao, definitely not a copy paste (not in the way that log horizon was a copy paste of sao anyhow) this anime is a semi-dark fantasy, with a doom and gloom atmosphere, it’s nothing like these two.

• Anonymous says:

SAO was just a shounen battle anime with an infallible MC. LH was more about exploring the setting and rationalizing game mechanics. Grimgar is closer to LH, but focusing on character drama and ignoring the ‘why are we here’ mystery. Each is superior to its predecessor, not that beating SAO is hard.

• It’s funny to se people that dares to judge without even see the series, and if you really see some chapters… sigh, you need to tend your deficit atention syndrome. Grimgar is not about people traped in a game, nobody mention a freaking game, there’s no interfaces, no stats, or levels, not a single mention about videogames, this series is about growing, about relationships, how to face the death when you need to kill, and when someones dies. The main characters are a lame group of kids that wake up in a unknow place without memories and basically been forced to survive becoming mercenaries a.k.a “volunteer soldiers”, they not have the mind frame or skills to be real warriors, and that’s the real point of the history, growing, become strong, make bonds, and face hardships to survive… ¬°yeah totally like SAO, with their feeble main characters!.