Valkyria: Azure Revolution Demo Unloads

A demo for Valkyria: Azure Revolution has found its way into the hands of players courtesy of the HD remaster of Valkryia Chronicles, offering a glimpse into the future of the franchise as it bears an abundance of swords and bullets and certainly serving as a sign of good things to come.

Footage of the 40 minute demo:

Famitsu magazine also unveiled new characters for the game:

Upon besting the demo, players were informed that another demo will launch sometime this summer; Valkyria: Azure Revolution will unleash a flurry of gunfire with its arrival sometime near the end of the year for PS4.

18:10 10/02/2016 # ! Good (+0.6)

seems more like a big fuck you to the existing fanbase of valkyria chronicles
    seriously the game made its name on the niche on turn based shooters and is practically the reason why fans loved the franchise in the first place
    why the hell would they fuckin change it?

18:33 10/02/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Yeah, it seems they took a franchise that had legitimately unique fun gameplay and aesthetic and said "Hey, lets make a new game with nothing gameplay and add a bunch of stupid anime characters!". I generally don't get mad at bad sequels, but seeing this demo actually had me in disbelief.

18:10 11/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Have to admit VC 2 wasn't exactly as fun as VC 3. Still, that shouldn't warrant this kind of change... dafuq's happening to this franchise?

09:51 11/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Completely agree. I loved the series for what it was (number 2 being the worst imo and I cant even read the japanese in 3)and this seems like a giant slap in the face to use.

23:14 10/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Not really. Buyer here from 2008. Supported the game buy buying the sequels too.

18:13 11/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Gratz, you are the 1%

19:21 10/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

even the art design looks like it's "trying" but not coming close.

Comment by FailQuail
    22:28 10/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I agree entirely.

It's a real shame, graphically it looks fantastic, but why completely change the gameplay?

As it stands i wouldn't buy it at all...

20:01 10/02/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Oh, That sucks. . .another good franchise down the crapper.

17:54 10/02/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I call bullshit on "good things to come". They took away the part of the Valkyria series that made it unique - its turn based shooting combat. This feels a lot more like a dynasty warriors game with ranged combat less silly looking combos instead of a re-imagining of valkyria.

20:43 11/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Melee weapons, ridiculously overwrought spidertanks, musou style gameplay, all with the constant bland thumping of enemies firing at you non-stop with no easy way to dodge them.

This isn't Valkyria.

Comment by Siveria
    20:53 11/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

The first game was pretty unique, but I disliked it for one silly reason: the fact you bascally have to leeroy jenkins levels to get the top rating, I just found it pretty stupid. Other than that I felt it was a pretty good game.

10:30 12/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

thats garbage

05:29 14/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Goodbye gameplay.
    Goodbye WWI-ish setting.
    Goodbye Valkyria Chronicles....

02:40 13/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

LOL What the fuck? XCOM all over again. Also, I'm tired of playing as these generic heroes. I want to play as villains who will rape and pillage and conquer the world and build my own harem of sex slaves! Why can't we have such nicer things? :(

05:01 11/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Anyone else see star ocean and some devil may cry fighting style? I dont think its ff15 as its too slow.

So VC azure revolution isnt strategy anymore i see...

05:13 12/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

In the words of Angry Joe, 'You done FUCKED IT UP!'
    Taken what was good from the original.. and not done any of that here.
    I was looking forward to this when I heard about it, now I'm so disappointed by the demo :(

Comment by Shaolan-kun
    21:09 10/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, after watching the demo gameplay I'll try to express myself in the most impartial way possible:

WTF is this shit?

19:23 10/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Guess I'll stick to Xcom2 then :)

18:24 10/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

If its cute enough, I'll tolerate it and hope for the best.

Somehow, seeing a cute girl in a frilly dress on the battlefield with an automatic firearm pushes all the right buttons for me.

21:41 10/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

It might be good on its own but rly i wanted turn based strategy type not some Mass Effect 3 action (ME3 is good game but from VC i expect something different)

22:04 10/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

The first VC had identity, but Sega, as usual, don't know what to do with something beautiful, besides destroying it.

00:15 11/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

it looks like they are going in a similar direction as final fantasy 15 and ff type zero albeit simpler design but i agree with everyone they screwed up the game play i understand wanting to try something new and maybe a little bit faster but the game is a strategy series. if given the chance yeah IL try it out see what direction it takes i could we could enjoy it they are probably trying expand the fan base and aim more Japanese games for western release which be great but even after saying all this they should have stuck with the original engine

00:42 11/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Holy shit, does Sega not get it.