Top9-Anime-2015-IGN-3

Renowned bastion of gaming journalism IGN has unearthed its extensive knowledge on anime and ranked what they believe to be the best shows of 2015, favoring the soothing melodies of the violin over the likes of overpowered super heroes and schoolgirl zombies.

The ranking:

7. Shokugeki no Soma

Top9-Anime-2015-IGN-7

8. Death Parade

Top9-Anime-2015-IGN-8

9. Kekkai Sensen

Top9-Anime-2015-IGN-9

08:45 02/02/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Your Abuse in April.

10:40 02/02/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Someone forgot to watch HIMOUTO! UMARU-CHAN..

because it was terrible.

09:24 03/02/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

no u

00:35 04/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

It had cute-looking girls. Nothing else matters to some people.

11:46 02/02/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

I agree with Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso being no. 1 I watched it and I cried pretty much and its well written and plus im a Classicist so love the classical music (some of the classical songs in this is also added in Fallout 4) but due to the fact that Sankakucomplex is filled with trolls i will get butchered by trolls but FUCK YOU GUYS Agree in terms and fucking mind your own fucking business

You must be a faggot if you think that was the number one show to watch

There's no need to troll you. You clearly still have a lot of anime to watch before you realize just how lame Your Lie in April truly is.

Comment by YotaruVegeta
    01:59 03/02/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Did you even watch Your Lie in April?

Comment by YotaruVegeta
    21:12 05/02/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

A lot of people have praised it.

Comment by YotaruVegeta
    11:06 05/02/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I watched a lot of the other anime that were from that year, yes.

13:48 05/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Then you must have been asking me that question pointlessly, because anyone who watched enough anime would know how lame April is.

02:49 03/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes. Have you watched any other anime that were from the years where April was airing?

05:13 06/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

So? Lots of anime are praised by a lot of people.

Also a lot of people only watch the most popular two or three anime, so is that enough to make them #1?

Comment by YotaruVegeta
    22:45 02/02/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I didn't watch all of Your Lie in April, but it got massive raves. I've watched most of the rest, and I don't see much wrong with them being at the top of the heap.

April is basically a show engineered for a certain set of people who don't care how bad characterization is as long as their heartstrings are tugged and there is some nice animation with pretty colors sometimes.

Comment by YotaruVegeta
    02:03 03/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I can't judge either way. Didn't watch the whole thing.

08:27 04/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

the characters are really good and the show manages to have amazing character development. and did i mention just how beautiful it looks and how amazing the director managed to blend the music with the animation?
    i don't deny though that the show appeals to people who like intense drama.

"Really good"... how so? By those vague standards, the characters in a great number of modern anime are "really good". There isn't all that much character development for a show that lengthy, and it more or less plateaus halfway through.

Same with the "beautiful" remark, because there's really nothing that stands out about April to make it worthy of that remark. The animation isn't special, ditto the artwork and character designs, and "pretty colors" is a common theme in modern anime.

The core ideas in the story and the musical performances are about all that really stands out about April, but the execution isn't anything remarkable (and the poorly-chosen comedy style in fact clashes so hard with it that it ruins the appeal for a lot of people).

05:37 02/02/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Here comes all the 'their tastes are different than my tastes so they HAVE to be wrong' rants and complaining.

00:56 03/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Not really. It'll mostly be butthurts who sincerely think One Punch Man is #1, and people who dismiss IGN as irrelevant. Just like every other 2015 toplist's responses.

Comment by YotaruVegeta
    02:02 03/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

What's wrong with OPM being #1? Are you high? Also, maybe look up the definition of butthurt.

Comment by YotaruVegeta
    11:04 05/02/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I watched most of the 2015 anime. Most of the anime is available streaming on CR, Funimation, Hulu, and other services. I watch the pilot episode of all the new shows, because I want to give everything a fair shot, and I don't want to miss a hidden gem.

I know you would love to be this cool, elite anime fan who watches the REAL best anime, but I don't think that's the case. Give me your best anime. Maybe you will amaze me.

05:07 06/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

"It's cute to use the "I won't bother arguing with you" tactic. It's just a way to get out of an argument when you've run out of steam."

That only works when an actual argument was presented. You argued nothing, you simply took shots at me (which is fair as I took shots, but it still doesn't make it an actual argument).

My argument wasn't even that OPM shouldn't be #1, just that people who wanted it to be #1 would be the ones posting butthurt comments here. Which they are, even if you refuse to acknowledge what butthurt really means.

Comment by YotaruVegeta
    21:17 05/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm sorry that I don't have time to watch entire seasons of every anime available to mankind. Some people have IRL things to do, like work.

Also, let's go back a second. I never called you butthurt. I called you ignorant of the definition of butthurt.

One Punch Man is popular because it's fucking great. Manga lovers would've torn it to pieces if it was shit, and some people have said "the manga was better" It's funny, magnificently animated, and badass. Butt, eh, hundreds of thousands of people like it, so it's automatically in the shit bin. Hipster nonsense.

02:47 03/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Pretending I'm high or butthurt doesn't make OPM deserving of its hype or praise. Watch enough of the 2015 anime to form your own opinion (instead of going with the popular mainstream opinion) and maybe you'll see what I mean.

Comment by YotaruVegeta
    06:16 06/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

OK, I reread your original comment. I get you now. I apologize. I think OPM would be fine as #1, but I don't care either way. It's just one of many top lists.

stop fuckng your mom please

Pff. So, "OPM is #1 because . Also, don't disagree with me because I've given up on a lot of anime after one episode."

Yeah, sorry, but I'm not going to bother arguing with someone who has no arguments.

00:49 03/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow, safe picks are safe. What a bunch of pansies. I'll bet they haven't even heard of Concrete Revolutio or Arise/Alternative Architecture, both of which would easily fit their tastes a lot better at IGN when they're not too busy pandering. I'm frankly shocked they didn't put Unlimited Blade Works on there while they were at it.

Comment by YotaruVegeta
    01:58 03/02/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Yeah, obscure series like Ghost in the Shell Arise. How would IGN ever learn about GiTS?

02:53 03/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Given that the people who wrote the piece are IGN's feminist rouge's gallery, and they didn't even mention GitS in this article, I suspect that they haven't even heard of it. GitS would be right up their alley.

Comment by YotaruVegeta
    11:07 05/02/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Why wouldn't feminists be all over GiTS? Major Kusanagi is one of the best female leads of all time in all of anime.

13:54 05/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

That's exactly why I'm saying that they clearly aren't being honest with their list.

22:59 02/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

last time on "ign's opinion doesn't fucking matter"....ign's opinion still doesn't fucking matter, especially when it concerns anime/manga/doujins

08:30 04/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

at least it has some good anime in it. none of them were really bad, although i would order them very differently

06:35 03/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

ign, oh god...

Comment by Serpentes
    04:56 09/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

You know that people at IGN have bad taste when they consider Nisekoi's protag to be "cool" and call him a "great MC".

Comment by Neonie
    21:26 02/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Man, this list just reeks of some fujoshi garbage.

07:32 02/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

This list is shit. I have only masturbated to 3 out of these.

01:33 03/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

So you only support trump about 33%?

14:59 11/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Lemme guess one of them is the fatass from ore monogatari?

08:42 02/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Fuck IGN. They host an anime show with a fat ass cuck and a little troupe of SJW-Feminist cunts. Why is this article-worthy?

08:58 02/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Should be pointed out that the IGN Anime Club girls didn't actually rank them, They simply listed their favorite shows in a completely random order.

09:39 02/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

ign game knows and knows less than anime

09:25 02/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

neat list.. lots of fun anime

06:37 02/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Well this is no surprise, these are the same fucking idiots that chose Shinji Ikari as number 1 in there Top Favorite Anime Characters.

11:42 02/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Surely you can't be serious.

00:53 03/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Of course they're serious. Shinji is the whipping boy of the casual side of the fandom who can't stand the thought of a realistic character in their anime who isn't an emotionless OP self-insert.