StreetFighterV-Alternate-Colors-Capcom-1

StreetFighterV-Alternate-Colors-Capcom-2

StreetFighterV-Alternate-Colors-Capcom-3

Seemingly running out of ideas for costume DLC (despite the game not even being out yet), Capcom have resorted to offering alternate color schemes for existing costumes as a bonus for purchasing Street Fighter V via their “E-Capcom shop“, likely to still snag sales from die-hard supporters of the legendary franchise.

The all-too-thrilling costumes in action:

Street Fighter V will cause uproars in the street on February 16th for PC and PS4 in the west, while Japan will need to wait until February 18th.

18:38 30/01/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

When is "Super" Street Fighter V, Super Street Fighter V: "AE," and "Ultimate" Street Fighter V coming out?

10:30 03/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Hilarious. I bet you make Chuck Norris jokes in real life.

04:26 31/01/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

You'll have to wait another five years for Super Turbo Ultimate Arcade X Edition. Til then enjoy your betaware purchase.

11:51 02/02/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

But I thought for sure that Super Ultra Mega Hyper Turbo Really Good This Time Edition would be the final release!

18:56 30/01/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Never. And this meme isn't funny anymore.

21:08 30/01/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Remember when Capcom said Super Street Fighter IV would be the only separate version? Remember when they said all of Marvel vs. Capcom 3's new characters would be DLC AND THEN RELEASED A NEW VERSION NOT EVEN A YEAR AFTER THE ORIGINAL!

So yeah while they've said all of SFV's updates will be DLC I honestly trust what Capcom says at this point about as far as you could throw my fat otaku ass.

23:52 31/01/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

@Anon 15:01 Yeah and that's my point, I don't trust them to actually stick to that. Down the line, say in a year maybe, after they're proven that they'll stick to their word I might buy it but for now this game is a super pass for me simply because of how dishonest they've been in the past.

For the record though I'm not saying others shouldn't buy it/do some pointless boycott or some shit. Just that subjectively my trust for Capcom is like 0% so I'd personally feel stupid buying this game when the only proof I have that I won't end up having to buy a whole new version a year from now if I want to keep up with the new content is the word of proven liars.

11:32 31/01/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

@Anon 10:48 Yeah I remembered the quote wrong sorry, what they actually said was that Super Street Fight IV: AE would be the last version not that Super would be the only separate version.

"In April 2012, before the announcement of Ultra Street Fighter IV, Capcom community manager Seth Killian had announced that the Arcade Edition would be the final version of the Street Fighter IV series"

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Street_Fighter_IV:_Arcade_Edition

But in any case my point still stands since they still lied about AE being the final version. So why should I trust them when they say that SFV vanilla will be the final version of this game when they lied about the last one?

15:01 31/01/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Because the way they're adding extra characters is different this time, since you can buy them with real money OR grind it out and get them for free. Since the DLC characters are being released every 2 months, I can't see why they would need other versions/discs.

Maybe they would do a Complete package(with all the characters included) down the line, but that would be what, 6-7 years later when all the characters are out?

10:48 31/01/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

"Remember when Capcom said Super Street Fighter IV would be the only separate version?"

They never said that.

04:27 31/01/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Then stop supporting CRAPcom.

15:47 31/01/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

That makes no sense.

05:54 31/01/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

You clearly haven't been paying attention to anything. There will only be one version, and the DLC characters are free with in-game fight money.

17:08 31/01/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Fuck this game, i'll never buy any game that has been censored.

23:19 30/01/2016 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Love how the fat guy can scratch his ass. but she can't smack her's.....

01:34 31/01/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

You should be more concerned about Zangief showing off his muscular body, then. Or Ryu's shirtless costume. Male ass scratching is HARDLY sexualized (actually it's quite the opposite).

03:31 01/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I might be alone, but I don't see pixel depictions of people as sexual beings....

10:21 31/01/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

You've either completely missed the point or you are a cuck who got triggered by an ass slap...

01:17 01/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Pff, sure you'll give the only two options that make you right. But fine, since you can't think beyond a funny comment, tell me: what do you think the point was? We'll go from there.

04:31 31/01/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

whitecuck & landwhale ruin everything

10:34 31/01/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

That's because shits like you run around touching cosplayers on the ass.

01:39 24/04/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Remember when you could activate alternate recolors of characters in fighting games just by pressing different buttons on the character select screen?

05:55 31/01/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Dat brown Cammy.

04:23 31/01/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Oono Akira should be added to Zangief's stage.

19:34 30/01/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm enjoying beating shit out of the Chinese! Fight on!

04:47 31/01/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

So ugly designs. Tekken or DoA has a better one.

05:10 01/02/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

I miss the good old alpha 3 days... Those were good designs.