Anime recommendation site Anikore has tallied their highest rated shows, amazingly demonstrating that their voters somehow have a higher interest in captivating stories and mecha than the more dominant moe and slice-of-life genres.

The ranking:

1. Steins;Gate

2. Code Geass

3. Code Geass R2

4. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

5. Bakemonogatari

6. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

7. Clannad: After Story

8. Anohana

9. Chihayafuru

10. Fate/Zero

06:33 30/11/2015 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I don't think Code Geass R2 should be on this list, the ending to it was fantastic and still one of my favourite endings but as a whole it was weaker to the first season. So no I don't think it should be on this list or it should of just listed Code Geass and R2 as one whole because that is really what it is the first and second season are a whole story.

14:12 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

of Course it shouldn't be on here. It's Code Geass. Same show.

Comment by yuriphoria
    05:36 01/12/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm a CG fan I have to agree, sorta.

I mean CG was like a magnificent train wreck. The kind you can't take your eyes from because you expect it to blow up at any time.

Code Geass wasn't, but it was enjoyable as fuck.

17:58 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Not only that, but the BS plot changes that Taniguchi had to do to R2 because of the executives, having it air in the afternoon instead of late night like the 1st season, etc. The ending was set from the start, it's almost everything else that felt different from the 1st season, and it shows, hence it being weaker.

I wish Taniguchi could create his original vision of R2 that he wanted for the 10th anniversary.

05:58 30/11/2015 # ! Good (+0.6)

>actually a nice list
    >8. Anohana
    Well, in every family's cooking pot is one black spot I guess.

08:04 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Yeah, but there's also a Geass R2 hole in that pot as well, so I guess they're just hoping to ride by on people's nostalgia rather than actually ranking the "best" anime by any measurable criteria.

Comment by Kris
    16:05 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

ya 8 doesnt belong on the list, and where is Durarara????

03:11 01/12/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Durarara was a fun watch the first time but I have never felt the need to rewatch it. While Code Geass I have rewatched like 3 times like Toradora it was one of those anime that I really enjoyed and can just rewatch with full enjoyment each time.

Comment by Kris
    05:20 01/12/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

true, never felt the need to rewatch Durarara and myself rewatched Code Geass few times already; that being said Casshern Sins which is missing from the list, is a series i can rewatch at least each year

06:33 30/11/2015 # ! Good (+0.6)

No Magipoka or spice and wolf?

07:57 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Spice and Wolf is a wonderful anime but sadly it never got its third season so maybe not as popular as it should be in Japan or they just feel no reason to make it since the novels ended and they don't need to boost novel sales.

I would of loved a season 3 it was a brilliant anime. I have all the novels that are currently translated for it in English.

Comment by Kris
    16:06 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

tru tru tru, Spice and Wolf supposed to be there too

05:06 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Disappearance of Haruhi isn't even a show. It's a movie. And Code Geass? Really? No Madoka either? Stupid ass list.

Comment by Yamato
    08:32 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I don't mind Code Geass on there. I DO, however, mind that both Code Geass and Code Geass R2 are counted as separate entries. Fuck that, they should both count as the same thing.

Also, Madoka is on the full list. However, it ties for 18th place along with three other series: Scientific Railgun, Hyouka, and Gurren Lagann. And just to add salt in the wound, it's two places below Sword Art Online (16th).

18:05 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Nah. There's a reason why they are counted as separate. R2 is weaker than CG. It had plot changes during it's development because of BS reasons.

05:42 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

perhaps you should research what anikore is, before you say silly things.

every list changes depending on who they ask.

07:48 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Madoka is only hype, they only put a little gore mistery and drama to a magical girls show.

08:06 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

And all Geass had was the Geass power, amirite.

Madoka is shit. It's called Madoka Magica and she's a Magical girl in two fucking episodes.

05:36 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

No SAO?! Am I dreaming?!

OMG! Finally a list with good taste!

Comment by Yamato
    08:26 30/11/2015 # ! Good (+0.4)

It is on the full list, where it manages to outrank such classics as Angel Beats, Evangelion, and Madoka Magica. That is some serious bullshit right there.

09:13 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm waiting on that inevitable Angel Beats anime remake.

14:17 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

As long as everyone acknowledges that Kanade is my Bishie (short for Bishoujo, and more buddy than waifu), then I have no problem.^^

06:11 02/12/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Why do they need a remake of that gem. It's wonderful the way it is a remake will only ruin it.

22:59 04/12/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

AB is a hot mess. The plot is slow as hell...basically because they had nowhere to many times in that underground base? Plot holes. Plot holes?! We're talk in' about plot holes!! Two confessions at the end of a show doesn't make a good romance. The soundtrack was the only really great thing about it.

06:27 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

SAO is way better than Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. You SAO haters are all full of shit.

09:13 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Even the raped in the ass version of Ghost in the Shell aka Arise is better than SAO.

10:14 01/12/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

NO U

06:53 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

ease off the weed buddy

GITS is legendary among anime fans. comparing it to SAO is like comparing clannad to the Fate series. u just can't do it.

06:36 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

SAO better than GiST: SAC, do you really think so ? ahahaha, once in a while i see these comments and i just cant help but laugh at it

08:09 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

@ 06:27

Let me guess. Your 13 years old, right? G.I.T.S. Standalone Complex still over shadows any newer anime that comes to mind. I guess since you were only 2 years old when it came out you lack the perspective to appreciate it.

08:23 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Nice Bait

14:46 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

top 10 shit nobody cares about according to shit nobody cares about.

14:06 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Did Sankaku Complex learn about anikore after goboiano decided to post about it?

Or is it through Myanimelist forum that Sankaku Complex learn about goboiano?

12:15 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

To this day my favorite show hands down is still Monster. To date it is the only show that has ever caused me to scream at the character on screen.

11:12 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Well shit I've had all of Code Geass on DVD for like millennia now but I can never muster enough "fucks given" to actually watch it...

...should probably get around to that one of these days, especially since it's apparently one of the 10 best anime of all time according to whatever an Anikore is.

12:54 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I think exactly 1 of these series belong on this list.

Comment by ALAKTORN
    11:06 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Steins;Gate in first makes me puke.

06:46 01/12/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I only agree with Chihayafuru...

Comment by XxLolimasterxX
    05:06 07/12/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I personally think Bakemonogatari had a bad 5's fall.

04:18 01/12/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Seen 9/10 (only #9 not) and can recommend them all.
    It even contains one of my highest rated series (Bakemonogatari).

Of course the order is rubbish but at least they are decent titles instead of whats hot at the moment.

00:51 01/12/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

GITS: SAC and Bakemonogatari need to get the fuck off this list.

03:14 01/12/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

If you dont like Bakemonogatari then firstly you have shit taste and secondly I feel sorry for you since it is one very enjoyable thing in life you wont be able to enjoy.

01:09 01/12/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

clannad really sorry im not a fanatic of drama after all i dont feed on peoples pain and i dont find misery a form of entertainment.

Comment by kyper
    00:57 01/12/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Just recent stuff you can say these people haven't watched much anime.

07:27 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

GiTS: SAC was terrible. How anyone liked that after the original movie is ridiculous.

>_> It's worse than ARISE and that's saying something.

12:33 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Please escort yourself to the nearest functioning gas chamber, anon kun

08:11 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Every one is entitled to their own opinion. Unfortunately, yours is WRONG.

07:25 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Still would put Higurashi in my tops but because of Season 1 i can understand why its not here

09:14 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

That's because they adapted it wrong. That said, the series length would have doubled if they did it right anyways. Books are fucking long.

10:54 30/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd put Higurashi along with Kara no Kyoukai/Garden of Sinners up there in the top 5.

00:35 01/12/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

yeah for sure especially because of Season 2