Star Ocean 5 Live Stream Boasts An Hour of Gameplay

Those in dire need of more content from the upcoming Star Ocean 5 can witness over an hour of intense JRPG action thanks to a stream held by Square Enix, revealing numerous discussions about the game as well as showing off the battle system, allowing fans with time on their hands to hopefully determine whether the game will be worth the purchase.

The hour-long live stream:

Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness can be traversed come its February 25th arrival for PS3 and PS4, with a western version confirmed for 2016 in addition.

13:56 14/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I can sense a character from this title coming to LoVA...

13:26 17/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

With the way things are lately what are the chances it doesn't get butched in the Localization?
    Do we know who's localizing?

15:13 15/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Thank god, finally a game to be hyped for. this is going to be glorious.

18:56 13/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

7 chars in battle? Do want.

Comment by Rya
    18:31 13/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Wait a second! Did I just see the entire party in combat at the same time? No arbitrary group limit?! What is this sorcery?

22:49 13/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Looks like you haven't played the other Star Ocean series. This is basically Star Ocean combat system. Well I only played the PS3 one, Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

01:13 14/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

"Looks like you haven't played the other Star Ocean series. Well I only played the PS3 one, Star Ocean: The Last Hope"
    -Your comment look as stupid as you. You pretending to know the series when you only played is TLH.

"This is basically Star Ocean combat system"
    -No this is no Star Ocean combat system SO 1-2-3 combat system are nowhere near like this, this is a complete new battle system. Do some research first before pretending to be a smart-ass.

Comment by Rya
    01:08 14/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Looks like you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. One, I played them all, two, 7 people in combat at the same time in this type of game is unheard of (as far as i know) and three, party limit in SO4 is 4.

19:57 13/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

This is next-gen, lol

21:23 13/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

About freaking time. 3~4 out of your 8+ team fighting doesn't make any sense in a terms of realism.

Comment by HouseLife
    11:05 14/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm totally okay with that. The alternative is that the game is endlessly long for no good reason, like it always is. When you have an army of elites, that means the battle has to become challenging for good reason, otherwise yet, let us plow the fuck through them. It doesn't make a difference if it's 12 or 2 seconds, just less wasted time.

00:01 14/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

You'd have issues with balance if your whole party fights. Considering most battles in Star Ocean are over in seconds, with more than the usual 3-4 fighting, it'd be "loading" "half second battle" loading" gameplay

20:28 13/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope they give the choice of how many you want in battle. I'll just have the Dude main character, and an all female battle party. I do this with every Star Ocean game I play as its so pimp.

04:05 14/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope i can kick all dudes from my party on some backwater planet and go full yuri team.

04:09 15/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Can't we just fly to the Planet Styx, throw em through the time gate to 4D space and have an all female party? Nah, the 4D beings wouldn't take useless male characters would they? LOL

22:16 13/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Is it sad that we're more blown away by something like that than anything else? And I love that the whole party is out there running around with you, little detail I know.

21:37 13/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

i get castlevania vibes from the music... must be coincidental that i just watched some vastlecania reviews

21:34 13/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope this starts a new trend. I hate benchwarmers

03:14 14/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

You mean having all the characters in the battle instead of a few of them?