Seiyuu Matsuki Miyu Passes Away

MatsukiMiyu-Obituary-Seiyuu

Revered seiyuu Matsuki Miyu has passed away at the age of 38 due to illness, shocking friends and fans alike with her unfortunate and untimely passing.

The talented seiyuu had recently gone on an extended absence back in July in hopes of recovering from a severe case of pneumonia, only for her to find that she had been stricken with acute pneumonia after several hospital visits.

Unfortunately, the seiyuu finally succumbed to this illness on October 27th, leaving behind a long legacy of voice acting for a multitude of well-known characters, such as Prisma Illya’s Magical Sapphire, Haiyore Nyaruko-san’s Cthugha and most recently Shimoneta’s Anna Nishikinomiya.

Matsuki’s death has naturally garnered tear-filled sentiments from artists as well:

MatsukiMiyu-Passing-Artists-1

MatsukiMiyu-Passing-Artists-2

MatsukiMiyu-Passing-Artists-3

MatsukiMiyu-Passing-Artists-4

MatsukiMiyu-Passing-Artists-5

MatsukiMiyu-Passing-Artists-6

MatsukiMiyu-Passing-Artists-7

19:55 03/11/2015 # ! Quality (+1.0)

A true tragedy. A beautiful voice forever silenced.

12:56 05/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

wow that sucks........

23:15 03/11/2015 # ! Good (+0.8)

Saginomiya Isumiiiii!!!!!
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

23:06 03/11/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

At least we have her works to remember her...
    Dear anime producers, I can't speak for any fan out there, but at least I don't need Nyaruko nor Shimoseka sequels anymore, it simply would not be the same...

06:10 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Speak for yourself lol

09:55 10/05/2016 # ! Neutral (0)

Yes and no. I don't think the person herself would like to annoy people just because of her and something she couldn't do anything about. I'm ok with the we have to remember her and I approve 100% but I know that if I was in her place I wouldn't like to force people "not having what they want" "because of me".
    Of course IMO I don't see any other voice that could fit Cthuko like hers since I'm REALLY used to hers and like it A LOT, but this was more about the "no sequel because of this". I'm pretty sure it's not what the person would like.

Comment by Larry
    17:56 05/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I think I agree. At the very least, How could I watch Nyaruko without my fave character?

19:30 03/11/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

her wish is only to have a happy marriage (in her last blog post). and mine, shimoneta 2 with anna in full glory. i guess they just have to stay that way, wishes.

my condolences and RIP, Miyu Matsuki.

21:37 03/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't know to look frivolous, the death of a person is always sad and her characters will be missed, but in this case a "She raised her own Death flag" joke is a must.

23:28 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Who says the characters are gone?!?!

22:13 03/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Tacky...but truthful.

00:51 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I still find it hard to accept she's gone, ya know?

07:01 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

How is possible to die because of pneumonia?, unless that she did not take care of herself... damn i really liked her voice and the feeling she had in her voice

07:49 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

People die of pneumonia all the time, even with antibiotics. According to the Centers for Disease Control, about 1 million people get pneumonia in the course of a year and about 50,000 people die of it. Once a lung infection gets serious it is no joke.

Comment by Rya
    03:56 05/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

As people have said, it happens all the time. That's why all these bird flu, swine flu type of things are just pharma advertising tricks. 2-3 persons die of those and the media creates a panic, driving drug sales up. Meanwhile A LOT more people die of everyday flu but nobody gives a shit.

15:23 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

From what i read here, it says she acquired nosocomial pneumonia after the several visits. Shit happens more often than you think. Hospitals are bad places to stay in for a long time, you're supposed to get out of one as soon as possible. Hospitals have the worst bacteria of all because of their constant exposure to antibiotics and disinfectants leave only the most resistant of them to reproduce. In case of pneumonia, the thing becomes even more terrifying because patients often must be intubated and have installed a ventilator which who knows how frequently or how they clean them. The thing does all the respiratory movements for you, and if you have too much sputum in your lungs, the thing will send them even deeper as removing sputum is not its function, that must be done manually and who knows if nurses were doing their job right at the time. At this point it may be a little redundant to say constant episodes of pneumonia also modify the structure of bronchia and alveoli, making it even easier for further infections to rise.

Anyways, this is a sad event, such a young talented actress dying from old people's disease.

17:54 03/11/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

No! She was one of my favorite seiyū... Her voice was precious and cute...

R.I.P (つ﹏<)・゚。

20:49 03/11/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

A real shame, far before her time. I really liked her work as Lailah (ToZ). Grateful for the all her work, may she rest in peace.

12:07 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

She's a big loss for the seiyuu industry. R.I.P. Matsuki-san.

06:29 05/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

rest in peace matsuki miyu-san. you're works in the industrt will forever remain a legacy.

06:30 05/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

rest in peace matsuki miyu-san. your works in the industrt will forever remain a legacy.

10:32 07/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Debio morir Aya Hirano, no ella.

22:12 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

A truly horrible turn of events. I loved her voice acting a lot and with this anime has lost a great treasure, her mechanical yet emotion filled acting was the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

20:11 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

She's left an indelible mark in the world of anime as a very talented voice actress. I take my hat off for you, Miyu Matsuki.

Comment by EL J.L.
    04:46 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Eso si nos llego de sorpresa ni modo pero la recordaremos por los personajes a los que les presto su vos.

Comment by Akamatsu
    13:45 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I lost my grandpa in 2006 to the same ailment, so I know how it feels for her family and friends. The sudden loss is tragic.
    Now I'm not going to be able to watch Shimoneta again the same way, knowing she voiced Anna so well even while she was sick. Her work and especially her, herself will be missed by her friends, family and those who appreciate her.

Rest in peace.

12:38 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Why is it that when someone even a person I don't know dies,that rather than sadness I feel nothing but anger and hatred towards death itself?

14:17 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

chuunibyou intensified

14:27 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

shut the fuck up faggot im not a chu2, im an educated gentlessir

01:40 05/11/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

educated chuuni then. nobody said chuuni must be hicks.

12:35 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Fuck this world...

17:48 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

ok, usually whe i see that some seiyuu died i find it kinda sad, since a human died, but this one....

Saginomiya Izumi (there goes my hope of a real hayate anime)

magical saphire (i wonder what will happen with kaleid now)

Nishikinomiya Anna(damm no other voice will ever do such a grat job)

Cthuko (guess no more love craft animes huh....damm)

damm those characters have been a part of me for a long time already (minus anna, but she was teh reason shimoneta was so good) it's like having 4 deaths at the same time, R.I.P

even Misaki Sagisawa (first cat girl i watched) will be missed T_T

Comment by RRYGO
    17:22 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Good bye to the kohaku and hisui combi.
    Damn...

21:50 03/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Anna sempai!~

I like her. Really like Miyu.

22:03 03/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I recognize many characters she did voices for. What a horrible loss and way way too soon to young.

21:50 03/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

#RIPMiyuMatsuki

Comment by jr240483
    18:31 03/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

definitely not good if a VA dies at the mid 30's. i dont know whats going on down there,but if this illness ends up being work related, other VA might just quit on the spot.

12:18 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

VAs enjoy what they do, though.

How many people would quit what they enjoy doing, for the sake of survival?

In the case of Daisuke Gouri, he had an illness that made it difficult for him to continue his work as a VA, and decided to take his own life because of it.

Comment by Tasche
    19:46 03/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

There are hundreds of VAs, and Miyu doesnt have the busy schedule that of some of her younger contemporaries like Hanazawa Kana, Sakura Ayane, Asami Imai, etc. have. Chances are, it was just her existing illness advancing too rapidly. This single case will not cause an exodus of people leaving the industry.

22:08 03/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Influenza can kill anyone, anywhere, anytime. No matter how advanced the medical care and how thoroughly the preventative measures are. Just because influenza causes death in mainly the young or old doesn't mean it can't strike down someone in their prime and in good health otherwise.

22:10 03/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Correction I meant pneumonia and not influenza. Just got my flu shots :) .

06:45 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Well actually the pneumonia could be directly caused by influenza.

19:37 03/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

most of the other mid-aged VA are still kicking and alive, with probably only stress and scandals to irritate them. she's probably one of the unique cases.

18:30 03/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

天堂没有痛苦,祝愿一路走好!

17:53 03/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Ahhh, I loved her voice so much. When I started Zestiria I had to hunt down who that was, because I KNEW it was a familiar voice. It was a little weird, and now it's extra weird because she's dead.

It's been a bad month for airhead voices (Agiri-chaaaan).

19:05 03/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Q_Q

I really like her voice

22:21 03/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I really liked her in Shimoneta. Rest in peace.

Comment by Enfield Mundo
    01:56 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Aww damn, I always loved her work. It had that classy feel that I fell in love with. She will be missed. RIP.

03:11 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

yoshinoya-sensei ;o;;;;;

06:43 04/11/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah really, I loved that character. Rest in peace Matsuki-san.