Stop-Motion Shingeki no Kyojin Video Awe-Inspiring




One particularly dedicated fan of the vastly popular Shingeki no Kyojin franchise has released a stop-motion video depicting heroine Mikasa fending off an invasion of titans, which has not only earned the fan praise from many online but has also put a practical use to the massive collection of figurines that otaku tend to hoard.

The impressive video by Jordan Tseng:

At least 4 more episodes are planned for the series, but those unable to stand the wait may be able to sate themselves with Jordan’s other similar works:

    Post Comment »
    Sort by: Date | Score
    Comment by Anonymous
    23:22 26/09/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

    I have trouble believing this is just simple stop motion. The cinematography and smoothness of movement is too high quality for it to just be a guy moving these figures one frame at a time.

    Comment by Anonymous
    03:22 27/09/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

    I second this. This may be cg made to look like smooth stop-motion.

    Comment by Anonymous
    12:48 27/09/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

    This isn't true stop-motion. The models are legitimate figma, but they only account for like 5% of the effort. The other 95% is CGI.

    Facial expressions/animation? CGI

    Backgrounds/buildings? CGI

    The wires/sword motions? CGI

    It's most noticeable with the wires and the faces, IMO. It's basically impossible to display the level of plastic grain seen on the figmas with CGI rendering without a serverfarm doing the rendering, so I'm inclined to believe that the figma are legitimate, but they're the only part of it. The rest is greenscreen.

    Comment by Anonymous
    10:51 26/09/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

    Great stuff. I rarely see 2d sprites (the explosions and smoke) used so well in a 3d environment.

    Avatar of VandalsChiow
    Comment by VandalsChiow
    05:51 26/09/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

    that's super impressive actually...

    Comment by Anonymous
    06:04 26/09/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

    Very cool. This is no Rudolph the Red-Noised Reindeer or Santa Clause is Coming to Town.

    I actually liked them using the out of place figures. Added some tongue-in-cheek humour.

    Post Comment »


Recent News

Recent Galleries

Recent Comments