Hanekawa Tsubasa Megane Quite A Spectacle

The bespectacled Hanekawa Tsubasa of the Monogatari series has had her familiar eye-wear replicated and put up for sale by megane distributor Coolens, bound to be deftly snatched up by obsessed otaku and the visually impaired alike.

The seemingly normal spectacles (which come in both black and silver) also come with a free cleaning cloth, with its color scheme differing depending on the site the glasses were ordered from:

Premium Bandai:

HMV Online:

The spectacles will make their way onto the faces of buyers this November.

10:01 15/07/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

we need more black hanekawa.

16:25 15/07/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I went to their website to look at the glasses and now am seriously considering buying glasses from them, they have great looking frames for awesome prices. With the Current exchange rate and shipping I could get these dirt cheap...or I could just get a pair next time I'm in Japan.

Comment by Achim
    01:47 15/07/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Comment by yuriphoria
    02:05 15/07/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

That's an interesting design. If the focal point is set correctly those glasses would be designed to hang loose most of the time. Adjusting your glasses would really only be done for dramatic effect.

10:33 15/07/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

"Adjusting your glasses would really only be done for dramatic effect."

Remember to include this rule if you're playing a drinking game with Log Horizon.

08:40 15/07/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

that's pretty much what anime glasses basically functions as :v

02:20 15/07/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

6000 yen is awfully cheap for glasses. I guess they're more cosplay ones? Any legitimate user who needs glasses would require a lens adjusted just for them

Comment by Imyou
    12:41 15/07/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Do you know the eyeglass market in Japan? (I don't...) It could just be that they're not under the thumb of the Luxottica price fixing cartel over there. I order prescription eyeglasses from the USA (via China I suspect) for $10-20 sometimes and they work great. With modern tech there's no good excuse for glasses costing upward of $100 unless they're crafted as fine jewelry.

19:16 15/07/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Thank you for enlightening me about Luxottica! Look at there Wikipedia page and is it plain to see they the control the industry.

05:53 15/07/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

you can prolly order them already adjusted if you have a prescription

03:30 15/07/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I wouldn't mind a pair for my own but with -9 that's prolly not an option