The Great Ace Attorney Trailer Pieces It Together

AyasatoHarumi-Cute-by-bu-kunn

The imminent arrival of Phoenix Wright‘s next greatest iteration “The Great Ace Attorney” has prompted Capcom into divulging a brand new trailer, summarizing the game’s story along with its host of new gameplay mechanics – while undoubtedly also continuing to misrepresent how courtrooms actually function (the real thing being much worse…).

The somewhat lengthy trailer:

A handful of live-action TV CMs featuring comedians Takeyama Takanori and Hironari Yamazaki are also in existence:

The Great Ace Attorney will plead its case on the 3DS in a July 9th hearing.

Comment by Nin
    03:54 01/07/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

This series really has been getting better and better with each iteration. And it's come such a long way, too. The improvement in the latest two releases, Ace Attorney Dual Destinies and Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney have made the characters even better when you thought they'd already reached the top. The character traits and animations are a delight to see. Although the story in the Layton crossover was a bit weak, in my opinion.

Seeing this trailer, it looks like the animations and courtroom mechanics have been upgraded even more. Amazing.

Now I'm just afraid there might not be a western release. Gyakuten Kenji 2 never got localised either and because The Great Ace Attorney appears to have so many classic Japanese elements, I think it could really stay Japan only.

20:42 01/07/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I really hope they consider localising this. The game looks to be one of the best in the series and it'd be a shame to restrict it to only one part of the world.

01:41 03/07/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I wonder how the localization team is going to twist the game's setting into being Los Angeles again.

04:58 01/07/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Damn, you got me excited for nothing. This has nothing to do with the character.

14:52 01/07/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

according to the description its Wright's ancestor, working together with Sherlock Holmes!

Comment by Kohaku
    03:49 01/07/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

My first guess is the one called Bringer of Death is probably a suspect...

04:05 01/07/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

He looks like the prosecutor/ opposing lawyer to me... though that doesn't necessarily mean that he didn't do it.

15:53 13/07/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Well of COURSE he fucking did it! There's no mystery there!

Comment by Kohaku
    21:49 01/07/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Yeah I think so too but his nickname is funny