Ar nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star Due July

Arnosurge-preciel-by-happoubi-jin

Koei Tecmo have revealed that Ar nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star will make its debut in the U.S. on July 2nd, (with Europe graciously getting it a day earlier) adding yet another excitingly generic JRPG to the shelves.

Ar nosurge Plus offers additional features over its predecessor, such as new costumes, new “purification” partners and even more DLC – hopefully proving fascinating enough to actually convince people to buy the title, despite the largely cosmetic additions.

ArnosurgePlus-Screenshot-1

ArnosurgePlus-Screenshot-2

ArnosurgePlus-Screenshot-3

Ar nosurge Plus will be available in both retail and downloadable forms for the PS Vita.

Comment by MARl0
    21:05 07/05/2015 # ! Quality (+1.0)

The "Ar" series of RPGs is hardly what I would consider generic. Just another click bait comment from Sankaku.

04:37 08/05/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

"adding yet another excitingly generic JRPG to the shelves."

FUCK YOU

04:06 08/05/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Main problem of today's jRPGs - battles are too easy. No challenge but OK to great stories. They should take as an example Dark Souls or Ys and to hell with casual players.

05:09 08/05/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Dark Souls is a punishing skill based system, JRPG's still rely too much on stats/abilities.

12:29 08/05/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

No prequel no talk.

11:36 08/05/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I probably buy it if it has Physical
    But it seems only Downloadable version
    So no....

Sry bad English~

Comment by foeevaddr
    12:10 08/05/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

there is a physical version. you got to pre order it on nis america's site

15:03 08/05/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Ion's new costume is kinda okay...?

But I prefer wear her costumes from the prequel "Ciel Nosurge"

Her normal casual one and her blue maid outfit.

16:21 08/05/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I have the original of this game and I have to say it was rather disappointing. The writing, the presentation, gameplay, just about everything about the game isnt near the same quality as Ar Tonelico 1, 2, or even 3. It just feels generic. Even the battle system is so watered down that you dont even need to pay attention.

However the only thing that is very well done in this game (and in all previous) is the music. The music is very good.

BUT even the music was extremely frustrating. Its not in surround sound. Its such a waste to have your game centered around sound and music, and not even have it in surround sound, which sounds so much better then stereo sound. But is uses just basic stereo. Even all 3 previous Ar games were in surround sound (or at least Prologic for 1 and 2 which imitates surround sound).

Not having your game about music in surround sound, is like having your movie about colors in black and white.

This game just felt lazy to me, compared to its previous Ar games. Its not a bad game, but not nearly as great as Ar 1, 2, and even 3.

22:39 07/05/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

While i only played the normal game instead of this plus, it was a very good story the battles and crafting system were for a 4yr old tho the story is a bit pervy in some parts

Comment by Justin iZ Here
    22:28 07/05/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Ehh...I didn't like Ar Nosurge. I bought it day one we got it over here in English and after 10~ hours I just never touched it again, I didn't find it as compelling as AT2 or 3 and the combat system was quite frankly garbage.

Comment by Kohaku
    22:07 07/05/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

And nothing on Ciel Nosurge...
    And Ar series is far from generic, only Ar Tonelico 3 is garbage, the others are pretty good.

Comment by Wierd Guy
    05:45 08/05/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

ar tonelico 2 is best

13:15 08/05/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I love both battle systems in AT1 and 2, but the defend phase in AT2 gets annoying when system lag kicks in...

Kind of sad Ar Nosurge's battle system is a lot less song-magic reliant. Kind of like it less than perhaps even AT3's battle system.

17:34 09/05/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm not the same Anon.

Yes, less. In Ar Tonelico you got different types of song magic, attack, healing, buffs, and you could use them quite a few times in battle.

In Ar noSurge it's all attacks (from what I've seen) and the battle immediately ends as soon as you cast it, whether you kill everything or not.

In my opinion, Ar Tonelico 2 had the worst combat system of the series, and I would still prefer that over Ar noSurge's combat system.

Comment by Kohaku
    11:25 10/05/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

That's not less RELIANT though. You rely solely on the song magic or the battle takes forever.
    There are different types of songs but I agree the others had better battle system, including 2, which was not so bad.
    1 had my favorite battle system, too bad it was ridiculously easy to win any battle so it was a turnoff for me.

Comment by Kohaku
    07:05 09/05/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Less? There are multiple enemy waves and they're completely obliterated by song magic in a few seconds instead of trying to kill the guys one by one.

Comment by Squeezel
    21:14 07/05/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I have Ciel NoSurge in japanese and I must say I havent progressed very far. She is eating a toast but that is about it.

00:49 08/05/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Me too, but I just can't find the time to actually play it. With all the Kanji lookup involved, master thesis takes priority...

05:02 08/05/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I had Ciel NoSurge also. While the story, fairy-raising minigames and general atmosphere is interesting, Ion's character is complete garbage. And dating garbage all day isn't my idea of having fun so... off to the never-going-to-touch-again pile it goes.

23:56 07/05/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

poor girl got her legs broken for that shot...

Comment by Wierd Guy
    05:45 08/05/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Beat this rpg on original version, not sure if want to play it again with dlcs

The problem with JRPGs these days is that they all have 12 year old girls as lead characters wearing virtually nothing. I would take less pedo and more depth to some games.

05:49 08/05/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

It's a valid point regardless. Look at Omega Quintet for example, its a tired generic looking JRPG in every imaginable way, but characters that look 12 as leads lol.