The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan PV Unveiled

Sukumizu-Nagato-by-akahige

A new PV has at last surfaced for the next highly anticipated entry into the Haruhi franchise “The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan“, showcasing more of the laid-back and comedic nature of the upcoming spin-off while also sending much needed positive signals to worried Haruhists.

The new PV, which emerged from Anime Japan 2015:

TheDisappearanceofNagatoYukiChan-Newtype-Visual

The anime will begin its fated broadcast April 3rd.

14:42 23/03/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Aaand Aya Hirano dubbing Suzumiya. That's nice. I hope she doesn't start bitch'ing around again

21:56 23/03/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Since I think I will be in Japan next year I hope she start bitching around... With me!

ew

08:22 24/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

You mean... being a real person and having sex with people she likes whom she works with? Don't be like the Japanese, be someone with reasonable thoughts about the human condition please.

07:42 26/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

The band leader aggressively initiates courting with her band, heavily pressuring and scoring with all except one.

Even if you're too unprofessional to understand why workplace romance is difficult even between colleagues at least have some basic morals. Just because you're probably not getting sex doesn't mean a woman you find hot can't possibly put her subordinates in a difficult position and outright sexually harass one of them.

07:48 26/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Or maybe you do have someone, that was unfair. The point here is you're confusing the 'basic human condition' with the equivalent of a male idol assistant manager pressuring all the idols he leads to have sex with him. Sure, some of them won't mind either because they like him or the benefits, but others will be very uncomfortable or even reluctantly engage in it and feel violated, or suffer negative reactions for not giving in.

Its dad you can't tell the difference between workplace romance and sexual harassment.

01:26 24/03/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Wow. This looks so disappointing. They've completely ruined Kyon's look.

Why is is Kodokawa didn't let KyoAni do this again?

Comment by No Name
    08:22 24/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I think we all miss Kyoani, but honestly, it's got its place. This is technically a different universe, so a different style is not unreasonable either. I just hope they do well. Style is not painful to look at, so keep the Haruhi charm and we hopefully will get more.

08:24 24/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I like it. It looks cute.

Comment by MoeMoeKyunBeam
    07:19 24/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I love watching the Haruhi series, even endless 8. But my God this visual style... they might as well be whole new characters.

Comment by Dan
    07:37 24/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

It's how they look in the manga more-or less. It'll be fine. I'm sure you'll get used to it.

22:44 24/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

你们好……我是中国人,谁能看得懂我说的话?
    ni men hao ……wo shi zhong guo ren,shei neng kan dong wo shuo de.hua

06:15 25/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

At least they kept the original seiyuu...

18:28 24/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

While I don't particularly like this idea, I hope it does well. I have a feeling that this is an trial period for Aya Hirano, and if viewers accept her back, they might do some of the canon books.

11:34 24/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Bunch of retards criticizing about the design... Did you even read the light novel to know how is the original drawing?

14:56 24/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Ya, the KyoAni designs look closer to the original :P

14:54 24/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

KyoAni or RIOT!!!

Comment by No Name
    01:39 24/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

As much as I love the Haruhi series, it's looking more and more like I'm going to skip this series. The art just looks so bad. Maybe it's becasue I've been spoiled by Kyoto Animation's superior art style, but I just can't get past this bad redesign. Kyon looks especially terrible.

06:29 25/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

That's how they look in the official mangas too.

09:56 24/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

As far as I know this is a spin-off from the movie in which Kyon makes a different choice and the result is this.

I imagine Kyo-ani still has rights to the main series but they're just sitting on it and doing their own original works instead. Maybe some day they will continue the series but in the meantime the best that can be done is a spin-off by another studio.

14:28 23/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I think I will miss the warm Yuki trapped in an expressionless face but I can deal with this moe Yuki until another light novel comes out.

23:55 23/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, all depends, how long this anime would be, because there are also and arc with a Yuki trapped in an expressionless face

09:48 24/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I think the uniqueness of the original Yuki is that she have depth but can't express herself due to the limitations of the interface that is bounded to a two dimensional human expression. Let's see how this goes.

17:14 23/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

It's like Yuki but not really Yuki...

23:37 23/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

It's a pathetic looking yukished Moeblob. I'm out.

Comment by Ishmon16
    18:14 23/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Yaaaaay Hirano is back! \o/

14:10 23/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

For the very few hardcore Nagato Yuki fans who sat patiently through the full endless eights multiple times, finally something less torturous for you,
    hopefully. (Personally only did 2x or 3x the endless eights, either with fast forward or multitasking.)

Sigh, Haruhi, what did you unconsciously do this time?

14:47 23/03/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I watched all eight, but let's face it...

Nagato is the only reason to actually finish the show.

18:51 23/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

This guy understands!

14:27 23/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

I think this was not her fault this time. At least not according to the original novel/movie.

14:48 23/03/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

if there's blame, it belongs to haruhi.

14:56 23/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Thx for the info, appreciate it.

Also, not Haruhi's fault, that we know of from the novel/movie. :P

15:05 23/03/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

No, it's Haruhi's fault, for causing Endless Eight and breaking Nagato in the process.

The Disappearance movie can be thought of as a cry for help (to Kyon, or maybe no one in particular) that doubles as a middle finger to Haruhi.

14:53 23/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Original poster @ 14:10 here.

What personally meant was having watched 2x or 3x on all 8 of the endless, so between 16 to 24 times. But at least did fast forward or multitasking during the rewatch.

Had known others who did more.

DA FUQ WHY MOE ART!?!?

Comment by Tetra

Is there really anyone left that cares about that series?

Comment by Ultimaniac
    13:50 23/03/2015 # ! Quality (+1.0)

"I don't like it so no one else does either, right?"

14:11 23/03/2015 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Not you, apparently.

18:53 23/03/2015 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

There's enough people left that care about Nagato, at least.

Nagato looks too moe...too much personality...

they have ruined her...

this just seems to be a test run to see if fans can accept Aya Hirano as Haruki again...

had it not been for Aya doing the voice of Lucy(Fairy Tail), her career would have been over by now.

22:44 23/03/2015 # ! Neutral (0)

Thanks for a ton of VA on various major and minor characters.

That said, keep quiet till it is time to do your VA job, don't act as if you are irreplaceable, for a career others would go to length for.

Also wonders if there are roles similar to Akira Kogami for her, seems like should would fit right in.