Neptunia-FairyFencerF-Steam-PC-Releases-2

Established game developer Idea Factory has revealed that their hit titles Fairy Fencer F, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 and its sequel are due to receive PC iterations through Steam – an act that eager fans have been waiting an eternity for.

Neptunia-FairyFencerF-Steam-PC-Releases-1

This is not the first time a Neptunia game has arrived in the west, and may perhaps not be the last considering the growing popularity for the series – though hopefully this time the release will not cause any lunacy amongst western fans or overmuch whiteknighting histrionics from the international gaming media.

No release dates have been announced for the games as of yet.

06:16 27/12/2014 # ! Good (+0.6)

I'm really liking this trend of all these types of games suddenly getting ported to PC, I really hope it continues.

07:23 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

...and rapidly applies to much better games.

I really am confused, I like almost every game, but Neptunia 1 really was not good as a game. As soon as I treated it as a visual novel with fights and horrid movement animation, it became tolerable but... I don't understand what made it really popular compared to other potentials. They didn't even use the game console concept as well as I anticipated, and my expectations were preeetty low.

09:48 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

They're releasing the vastly improved re;birth (i.e. PS Vita remake) series.

09:40 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Never by anything from Square Enix on the PC. Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 were horrendous, the ports I mean. You could have a quantum computer and it'll still run and look like shit. They clearly based it on the 360 edition and it shows. Also 60gb download for FFXIII is a joke. 20gb was added when they added the Japanese audio.

13:13 30/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Didn't know it was that large, that's.... impressive actually. Maybe I'll second guess buying them. Honestly I listened to the English and Japanese comparison, and... I think I may actually like the English better for once. Not by accident either, the voice actors they chose are all truly top notch. Vanille was only ridiculous because her giggles were... really there. Plus she sounds like she's in perpetual orgasm with all her gasping.

15:23 30/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Runs fine in my end, fx8350, gtx780 and 16gb ram.
    Have you tried with the update?

Also, we're almost in 2015, most people should already have at least 2tb HDDs and they're cheap, space will never be an issue.

Comment by John Hayabusa
    05:40 27/12/2014 # ! Good (+0.6)

From Siliconera:

“Nowadays, the demand for moé is quite high overseas, so, we must quickly release the main titles....”

Thank you, IF.

05:53 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

They understand the average Sankaku Complex reader(Except the gay Free! loving ones..) we want our moe, we want our tits and we want them now(Or as soon as you can release, either is good).

09:51 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Shh! Don't mention that other user group or the next title will be Gaydimension Neptune.

19:58 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Why is it gay because you guys think like that...

Comment by jr2nd
    21:28 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

wonder how long it takes to get modded when the pc gets the game lol

04:37 29/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope GUST read this and port Atelier and Ar series too.

07:01 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

For some reason some console fans are crying, crying hard that the game is coming to PC. Meanwhile the weeaboos are happy. The fuck..

Comment by Nessiah
    07:20 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Great news!

The nice thing about this is that possibly the ported versions will get even more improvements in relation to their already excellent predecessors. This is really good! :)

05:06 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Was considering to buy a PS Vita tv for those vita adaptions but now considering more and more games are getting PC ports i'll just wait some more.

04:15 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

great i have the Rebirth 1 in my Vita and will buy the second when is released, but now i can play it in a bigger screen too.

09:57 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Or you can get a PS TV instead and play your already purchased game using a bigger screen.

11:27 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I have PS TV and cant use it, is not compatible

07:41 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Hey IF, can you tell SEGA to port Valkyria Chronicles 3 next?

10:08 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I don't know if I would want Valkyria Chronicles 3 to be released on PC... why, you ask?
    Because PC Gamers would be like: "Hurr PS1 LEVUL SUXORSZ, iz pirate now"
    And Vita owners would be like: "Derr, we is betrayed, no relezur fur vita, I HAET U SEGA"

09:33 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Valkyria Chronicles 3 has no English language release.

09:55 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

He didn't ask for English

21:35 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Of course he did, he wants IF to port VK3, but there would be no way it would be released on Steam in Japanese only text etc

08:09 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

And only on PC so far. The console salt is outstanding.

10:11 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

they were already out in the consoles, man you're so stupid are your parents brothers and sisters?

09:18 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Not sure what you're talking about. These games have been out for a while on consoles.

09:54 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Being strict, Re;Birth1 was released only 4 months ago and Re;Birth2 hasn't been released yet.

08:13 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Ah crap, and I just bought the first game on my Vita too.
    Time to double dip...

08:26 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

guess i don't need the vita versions then.

23:55 28/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Good, Vita sucks anyway

09:34 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

1080p 60fps+ 3D animu boobies. Nep Nep

09:54 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I doubt they'll upgrade the graphics...

14:20 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

lol tard.

learn to computer.

whatever screen resolution you are using and the frame rate generally has nothing to do with the game developers (unless they disabled like retard for some reason, a la DS and FF13 on initial release)

21:36 27/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

@14:20 Pretty much dead on there, the Hyperdimension games aren't too graphically intensive, I would hazard a guess and say most people here would get at least 60fps if its ported properly and those with a good comp will get more.