Absolute Duo PV Revealed

AbsoluteDuo-AnimePV-1

Impending harem fantasy anime Absolute Duo has received its first glimpse PV, showcasing a brief glimpse of the anime to eager viewers – and will likely determine whether aspiring viewers will drop or watch the series.

The relatively uneventful PV:

AbsoluteDuo-AnimePV-2

AbsoluteDuo-AnimePV-3

AbsoluteDuo-AnimePV-4

AbsoluteDuo-AnimePV-5

AbsoluteDuo-AnimePV-6

Absolute Duo will premier December 28th.

22:00 14/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

the character design looks like shit when u compare it with the LN

19:55 14/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Just as expected, the male mc's looks generic stereotype. It's like taboo to customize the looks of male mc's like changing the hair color.

Comment by yuriphoria
    03:50 16/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

If he looked any different it would alienate the audience.

19:32 14/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

1st chapter was pretty good.
    Went downhill from there.

Comment by carl
    00:03 16/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

At least the females in this anime look hot.

02:47 15/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

It seems to be a very nice series. I liked the actual style of the main characters. I'm going to check it out. :)

Comment by MuChaDo
    19:26 14/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

This looks like one of those shows that's been made by editing together clips from other shows.

I'll probably still watch it though :rolleyes:

18:15 14/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd always get the feeling that the guy always looks and feels more pure than the girls.

Comment by Neonie
    13:50 14/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

In b4 some ass hole comes in screaming about how it "Would be better without the useless male protagonist" like some retard.

15:12 14/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

more like "would be better with a different VA than kirishit's VA"

13:37 14/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Yet another generic fantasy harem LN

13:51 14/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Everything with school uniforms is categorically dismissed by me these days.

13:09 14/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

That twintail girl's look reminded me of Kurumi from DAL. I think I'll watch this...

14:25 14/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

generic, but hey if the plot is decent ill roll with it. After all, one can never really tire of vaginas.

17:13 14/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Look At All That "Plot"

15:37 14/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Every season, we are bombarded by like 50 million tired and worn out harem anime because of the most profitable demographic eats it up like whip cream on golden hot cakes.

Moral of the story: writers aren't even trying anymore, they just copy, paste, and print out a harem for quick cash.

12:13 17/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

50million every season. Rly? There's about 30 animes each season, and not too many of them are even harem/ecchi.

Comment by Kaarme
    17:43 14/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I can still watch harem as long as the MC isn't a useless waste of skin who should never have a harem to begin with. This season's Trinity Seven is an example of harem I can enjoy. Fortunately it's pretty easy to filter shows with such a simple criterion.

23:29 14/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm willing to bet that's the only harem you can remember anyway you poser.

01:45 15/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

The tenchi series is a good example ..
    GXP ended with him getting married with 4 girls at once, and at the wedding ceremony fuck other 4 girls ..
    Give him a ship with 8 together ............
    This is a real harem anime, not the gay formula that is increasingly every year ..

17:04 14/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

If you want another way to look at it, honestly I enjoy 'harem' anime, but that's because I never watch them thinking they are harem anime. I don't watch previews, I don't listen to people on the internet, and avoid all spoilers. Then I watch them on their own merit and many of them are a unique twist on an old concept, and if you seriously think about it, that is another aspect of what makes a writer impressive: can they take a concept and make it new in another way.

If you watch endless anime, you're going to get jaded, you have to slow down or they WILL all be the same, and there's nothing anyone can do for you. You mix it up, like how I do JRPG, WRPG, JRPG, and so on for games, I avoid playing two of the same type in order and it maintains freshness,but sometimes I had so much fun I crave more of the same.

You have to adapt based on your desires, if you're jaded, mix it up. If you unconsciously grab cookies from the fridge, it's not about the cookie, it's about the motion.

19:42 14/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I think both of you are right to the extent.
    It is true that you quickly get saturated if you watch predominantly the same or similar type of content (especially if you're sceptical toward it or simply not interested in the genre). Hell, when I got ADSL internet in my home I started binge watching anime although I did it in mixed queue like you described (there were ongoing as well as older anime that I missed in the past and needed to "compensate" for the lost time). Even with mixed order (and pauses so that I could get hold of reality) I too got bored after some time because (at least in newer anime cases, the older never got me jaded) in 9 out of 10 animes, there were generic and done with the same template with some minor variations.

Still, that doesn't change what Lord Tentpants said about anime companies churning out harem animes all based on the same basic template with some variations here and there to keep interest and the reason for that is very simple: Money (you don't say).
    Let's be brutally honest here, anime industry (just like any industry in the world) wants to make money and they follow the market to see what are the most profitable genres and as we all know, harems are on that list as well otherwise they won't be making those in that many numbers.
    All in all, it's all business. Hell, Hollywood and gaming industry is hardly any different.