Top 20 Most Wanted Sony Remakes

Top20-Desired-Remakes-Sony-1

Sony has asked devoted fans which Sony-specific title they most want to see remade for the PlayStation’s 20th anniversary ranking, with a rather unsurprising title seizing the top spot…

The ranking, consisting of over 10,000 votes:

15. Xenogears

16. Winning Eleven 8: Liveware Evolution

17. Final Fantasy VIII

18. Dragon Quest VII

19. Final Fantasy VII International 12

20. Gran Turismo

03:30 05/12/2014 # ! Quality (+1.0)

Xenogears should be at the top of the list, and be the only game on said list. Xenosaga was awful, but because Square wouldn't give a license.

11:23 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I don't even care if they update the graphics, just put back all the Disc 2 content that was cut.

11:29 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

What about Dewprism 2? NOt exactly a remake but still...

11:28 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Definitely! I think they should remake all the games whose story wasn't complete and had to rely on printed material for completion (XG, Saga Frontier).

15:54 06/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Xenosaga was AMAZING you inbred imbecile! bet you just played Episode 1 and gave it your stupid rating.

(episode 3 was a masterpiece)

18:59 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

STFU. Xenosaga awful? GTFO outta here

Comment by Castian
    05:13 06/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Xenogears, Suikoden series, Secret of Mana, Chrono series and Front Mission series

Comment by aoitoriko
    05:55 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Agree. Xenogears and Vagrant Story in HD for the PS4
    would be great.

07:20 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Xenosaga wasn't awful, it was just badly planned out. It was meant to be a 6 game series but by the 2nd game they went off the rails, there was a lot of problems behind the scenes and a ton of content got cut. Several notable people left as they weren't happy with the direction as it deviated from the original idea. So much was cut in Xenosaga Episode 2.

12:51 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Truth... Xenosaga was still fun, and a good game for what it was in general. But knowing what it could/should have been is what makes it such a tragedy.

15:45 06/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I always felt like it was perpetually trying to be Xenogears in one way or another.

11:39 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Xenosaga Episode 1:

Spent WAY TOO MUCH MONEY on the first game (despite establishing a desire to do 6 games.____ Still think they only wanted to be competitive after .Hack// did a 4 Part Game series)

1. Expensive Orchestrated Soundtrack that featured not one, but TWO final theme songs.

2. Nearly 5 HOURS worth of MOVIE... making it hard to notice the 40~ hours of actual game play.

3. If you were stupid enough to get the Super Mecha Pieces... the final boss was a one-hit kill. It was actually more rewarding to NOT get it.

4. After Game Save, you couldn't do anything after the game to prepare for the next game (.Hack - created at least one boss/dungeon that rewarded the player for completing the Volume.)

5. Once Xenosaga had established a FANbase, they decided to change the character styles, music, and story-telling styles that made the game unrecognizable to the then FANS of the first game... LOST FANBASE = LOST 6 GAME GOAL.

09:44 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Give me Suikoden remake please.

12:50 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

^

End of list.

Some of these JUST got re-releases too. The hell kind of list is this? And Gran Turismo 6? What? Yo dawg, we heard you like remakes!...

Comment by Sasazuka
    03:17 05/12/2014 # ! Good (+0.4)

Wanting Sony to remake the original GRAN TURISMO, I fully understand. Kind of. Maybe. I guess. People want the original experience with the music and menus and the same selection of cars and tracks (mind-blowingly extensive for 1998 even if extremely limited compared to most modern console racers), but with modern graphics and draw distance (and maybe finally interiors).

I don't see the point of wanting Sony to remake GRAN TURISMO 6 since I take it as a given that GRAN TURISMO 7 on the PS4 will have everything in GT6 on PS3 plus more cars and tracks.

I mean, if there was one GRAN TURISMO that would be awesome to remake, it would be GRAN TURISMO 3 with A-Spec and B-Spec versions (probably both included on the same disk).

10:50 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I agree. Also on the same note, I don't see the point of a DQVIII remake. It was perfect as it was. The older games I could understand but the fairly new ones are unnecessary. :)

10:48 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Grandia anyone?
    Wild Arms?
    Azure Dreams?
    And my all time favorite series Star Ocean of course

11:22 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Wild arms already has a very good remake for PS2.

Azure Dreams needs a remake that includes all the stuff included in the gameboy version.

I agree with Grandia: take Grandia I story and add Grandia III's gameplay.

Comment by Castian
    05:16 06/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Grandia 1 is the best love/drama story ever.

Azure Dreams Harem like anime is awesome but i'll ask for more monsters and combinations, once having the dark egg the game is a joke.

Star Ocean second story.

Wild Arms HAS a re-make, boy it sucked.

15:49 06/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Really? I found the remake fun.

In the Gameboy version you get the omnielemental egg and then start going UNDERGROUND (b99, b98... b1). IN those floors, if my memory serves right, you find kewnes, hi-kewnes, new monsters and other omnielemental monster as well (besides the hi-kewne). If I recall correctly, you even fight the Two-headed monster that is a skeletpn outside the monster tower. They also tell you who created the tower and why.

06:54 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Resident Evil 6? They should reboot the RE serie and that's all...

16:01 06/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

They should reboot Square-Enix

11:16 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Why would anybody want a remake of KH2? That seems silly, and I feel like FFVIII should be higher on the list, one of the better FFs imo.

17:37 06/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I dunno dude. I feel like VIII was SE's attempt to capitalize on the "punk" FFVII's steam-punk theme. Shouldn't VI be remade?

19:08 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Final Fantasy X? The hell? That was redone in HD. C'mon. The other Final Fantasy games too with the exception of the first one? C'mon! The best doesn't get the love? Talking about FF6 but that emo game from FF8 gets props? What the...? ...C'MON!

17:42 06/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Because 6 and below wasn't in 3D box models hence lesser the impact felt by people. You tend to look at the gameplay more if the game doesn't look impressive. Example of which is XI I methinks.. you don't see people going gaga over it like FFVII that, at the time was the "best".

11:48 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Star Ocean 2 and 3

11:45 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Does anyone see the words "Final Fantasy"?

I can't seem to find it in this list...

-Sarcasm-

12:53 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

>FF7
    >Xenogears
    As much as I like to have it...
    >Sony
    >SQenix
    ...please, no. They ruin it now.

11:00 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I want Bust-A-Groove 1&2, and Digimon World 1&2. :)

12:55 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Xenogears!

Final Fantasy VIII too!

11:40 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Return of .Hack//
    This time fusing all 4 Volumes into ONE!
    Possibly adding extra bosses... and even a possible ONLINE MODE?...

11:41 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

BAN DAI is FAIL

15:42 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

If any game should be remake, It has gotta be Crash Bandicoot. Majority of this list has games that are either recent or re released in hd.

15:55 06/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I want a remake of SquareSoft for the current generation. I want the same geniuses producing masterpieces and updated company managers.

23:20 06/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

legend of dragoon...
    ff6...the ds style and increased difficulty would do
    chrono trigger...
    xenogears...
    suikoden...(although I prefer the 2d style)
    parasite eve...
    breath of fire...(or erase 5 and make a good bf5)
    valkyrie profile...(or a vp3)

pls santa!

01:07 07/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

why remake that's already been great in the past?Why fix if it ain't broke?

Comment by Riiku
    21:57 08/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Sony just recently released an HD version of an old GameCube remake, so I guess we won't see FFVII remake.

Comment by Riiku
    22:11 08/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I mean they release Resident Evil remake

06:38 08/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Have been lurking for years and I finally have to comment.

Half of those games aren't Sony specific titles. Resident Evil, FF7, FF8, RE1, RE6, FFF1: All multiplat titles from the beginning.

17:21 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Basically all the good games from years ago.

16:12 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

why old gran turismo?

Comment by Ishmon16
    13:48 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Wow this list is fucking accurate. I want a FF VII remake

20:37 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

So... more wants for remake... means the fans aren't satisfied with the current works?

13:38 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

No The legend of Dragoons?

05:26 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm a little confused with some of the choices like Dragon Quest 5 which has been remade like 3 or 4 times now. How many remakes do they need??

06:46 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I saw this list on a different site, but it wasn't a Sony's top 20 remake game list this is a list of Sony's top 20 rated games.

Comment by Yamato
    08:04 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I'm more confused by the presence of Final Fantasy 1. The first two games of the franchise have only been remade and re-ported about 20 fucking times now. Though I guess in all fairness, it never did get a full 3D facelift like what FF3 and FF4 got, assuming that's what the people who put it on that list were expecting.

05:23 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I want these.

1. Thousand Arms

2. Rhapsody: The Musical Adventure (The Puppet Princess Of Marl Kingdom in JP) Hell, might as well remake the other 2 unreleased games to complete the trilogy

3. Guardian's Crusade (Knight & Baby in JP)

Comment by Yamato
    07:56 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Technically, Puppet Princess and Little Princess (as well as Marl Jong!!) are already available in current form on the Japanese PS Store. Since PS2 Classics have started being made available a good while ago (but have sadly been few in number up to now), I'm just waiting for them to release Angel's Present on there, and then I'll be happy. Though, I guess for non-importers, a full-on remake of the trilogy would be a good opportunity for the latter two games to finally be localized (assuming NISA botch the opportunity like they did La Pucelle Ragnarok).

Comment by Yamato
    02:52 18/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Hot damn! Not long after I made that post, and Angel's Present (as well as Soul Cradle) are made available on the Japanese PlayStation Store. The entire trilogy is now playable on PS3. ^^

Comment by Yamato
    07:58 05/12/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

*assuming NISA "doesn't" botch the opportunity...

I hate this place not having an edit feature that functions properly.