FinalFantasyXV-TokyoGameShow-Trailer

Long-time Final Fantasy fanatics have been venting their frustrations yet again with the release of the latest trailer for the former RPG franchise, which has showcased more of its action genre gameplay mechanics and intense real-time combat sequences – earning scorn from fans deeming it to be nothing like Final Fantasy.

The gameplay-packed TGS trailer:

The previous E3 trailer:

The apparent departure of Tetsuya Nomura to work on Kingdom Hearts 3 also seems to suggest the new direction of the franchise may not be one many fans like – although at least there will definitely be towns this time around.

18:24 20/09/2014 # ! Quality (+0.8)

A Final Fantasy game directly aimed for girls and fujoshi.

02:23 21/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Do you think boybands with metrosexual hair don't have tons of straight male fans too? It's the same as in the west with stars like Justin Timberlake and Drake. Girls love em and guys wanna be em... they probably get a ton of girls just by having tastes like that, but I don't care cuz I'm no sheep for any reason.

05:55 22/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

No, they don't. Even in the West Boy Bands and the likes were first and foremost for girls. Justin Timberlake had to work pretty long before anyone saw him as anything else than a Boy Group singer.

These bands aren't about music, they're simply not meant for guys and don't appeal to the vast mayority of them.

Final Fantasy is styled in this way because Squenix tries to rear in a larger audience, similar to how many other developers in the west make their game more casual.
    Ultimatively this ends up backfiring most of the time, the old fans get alienated and the new influx they hoped for mostly doesn't happen.

Yet because managers and other people who don't play games and only know numbers and think they can transfer them from other business onto games are in charge they keep screwing up like this.

06:22 23/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

@3:05 - that doesn't mean any of the characters in it are considered attractive in Japan... I'd like to know if any are though, I have no idea (but I have to doubt it, unfortunately). I actually even think Solid Snake is considered more attractive outside of Japan than in Japan.

20:07 22/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

@20:04 I wonder if that's more of a recent thing. I mean don't the Japanese like Kenshiro or Golgo anymore? Amazing to think someone like Toshiro Mifune was ever popular there...

20:04 22/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

well I'm a guy and I prefer such metrosexual chars over macho dudes. it's probably an Asian thing.

03:05 23/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

So how is Ryu ga Gotoku a thing? It's uber popular, while featuring manly men in their 30s and 40s, not punk 15 year old emo kids that could easily cross dress and become a passable trap.

19:38 22/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

You must not know any highschool kids these days... all the guys want to be appealing to the girls so they even adopt the fashions popularized by pop and rap stars. The age of individuality died in the 90s... now if you don't follow the sheep you're a "hipster" or "indie". I'm not saying this is all a good thing (more like the sad truth), I'm guess I'm saying that otaku, especially older ones, are pretty out of touch with the majority, both male and female.

01:34 21/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

And apparently this fashion fujoshi now infests games.
    I wonder where did the traditional Otaku ..!?
    Switched sides and began to like gay or producers now headed by women only produces content for girls.
    Thank you japan, I do not believe I'm writing this but I miss MOE :P

12:21 21/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Male otaku have all switched to watching Precure, because shows for little girls are where it's at; just ask Cure Gorilla http://www.nicovideo.jp.am/watch/sm23870960

06:22 23/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

@03:06 - and you are a pedo :)

03:06 23/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

@12:21
    No, it's because adult women are shit tier compared to lolis. Loli is love. Loli is life.

15:16 21/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

@12:21 maybe for MOST otaku cuz they are (or have become) borderline pedos, but count me out, give me more Queen's Blade and its amazonian women!

15:07 02/10/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I just think of it as anime hair = 3d unrealistic. all of them with dam pointy hairs that could take out a eye, remember advent children Cloud

12:28 22/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

As a girl, I can tell you flat-out... all I saw were four very bland dudes. None of them interested me at all.

13:37 22/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, taking your word for it, one could easily say you're the exception... I find it weird that people are comparing these guys with yaoi guys just because there's no girl among them and cuz of their hairstyles. They're no different from Cloud or Squall, it's just now there's 4 of them and no girl. They're far from typical yaoi male designs.

14:55 22/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

What's weird about this argument is that most of the people complaining about this had no issues with FFX-2.

17:55 21/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Why is is that when ever a male character is badass and handsome he's a fujoshit icon? What ever happened to them just being cool like Hiei. I guess Hiei is fujoshit fuel now too by today's fujoshit standards. Heck lets just give you all an ugly uncool protagonist and surround him with sluts that he'll never actually do anything with.

06:19 23/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

The fujoshi/fujoshit have no say about this at all though. It's the otaku who are saying what qualifies as fujosji or yaoi designs now (at least to themselves0.

05:57 22/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

"Handsome", here's the thing they're not cool, badass or handsome. They're unblemished nigh perfect bishounen. That's a big difference.

13:27 22/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

No, they aren't. Males in works for females do look like this, if it's for guys they're not anything remotely resembling this which alone should tell one everything about whom they try to appeal to.

Why? Because they think their old fans will buy it anyway, so why cater to them. Worked out great for the previous game huh? (Sarcasm)

19:00 22/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

@13:27 - no, they don't. People do this with Free too, people just see what they want to see... they aren't drawn in a Yaoi style!

09:31 22/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Aren't all male protagonists in any japanese production like this? You expect them to be battle torn, dirt smudged barbarians?

09:26 22/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

So, I'm a guy who likes amazonian women, yet I realize most of my fellow otaku enjoy cute, childish girly girls. Cuteness has infected every aspect of Japanese society, even sexuality, so you would assume that applies to female sexuality too. So how is it so surprising that they like cute guys just like we (or rather all you guys other than me) like cute girls? If there's something wrong with that it's a double standard. If it were my way none of you, male or female, would see cuteness as a sexual trait. But all I see is a lot of hypocrisy from most guys here. When most anime fans are fapping to girls who would undoubtedly be jailbait if real then they're hardly in a position to criticize anyone else's tastes.

Besides, I think it's mostly due to the hairstyles here that they appear so bishounen or effeminate (honestly they could be worse, take a stroll in Japan and half the guys you see look like these guys). Two of the guys don't even look bishounen at all. They are all handsome by today's social standards (as obviously have a style that depicts good grooming), they're badass by the way they fight and their attitudes. Their fashion sense would be considered cool in Japan.

It's funny, I bet hardly any guy in Japan is bitching about how these guys look. That would be like a guy in the US bitching about how Justin Timberlake looks, when instead what you see is guys trying to dress like him.

03:07 23/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

>badass
    >emo tween

LOL

Comment by Rya
    16:29 20/09/2014 # ! Good (+0.7)

Free Fantasy

Comment by Wierd Guy
    15:19 21/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

it was too obvious of a joke for someone on SanCOm not to make it... in fact at least 10 people basically made the same joke

10:16 21/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Free (2 Play) Fantasy. Oh noes!

23:46 20/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Free - Final Fantasizing Club

08:50 20/09/2014 # ! Good (+0.7)

Boy band Idol roadtrip with 1 bodyguard. I think a lot of girls will be buying this game.

09:25 21/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

My only concern is why the hell their car is so clean after rolling through dessert, rocky mountains and different places. They gotta be cleaning it every damn day.

10:15 21/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Well it should be able to get wet at least. They just released a new video of a frog getting wet and dripping in the rain. That and other stuff gradually dry off after the rain stops. Also, if DOA5 could have dirt physics (it also did wet physics first) then I'm sure this game can... maybe the final game will have it.

09:27 21/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Must be the protect spell that shields the paint job.

11:39 21/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Its their new technology we eartlings dont have yet. use your immagination.

19:41 22/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Hey, maybe the car is steam powered..!

02:16 22/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, fuck. My imagination's run dry I guess. See, the dude teleports around in fights, some of these roads are off-road terrain which is really bad for cars like that. Another is why the fuck are there giant monsters beside a damn road when that derping fuck could just cause a trafic jam?

Yeah.. I really want that hoverboard now from back to the future, it's more...imaginative for me.

22:46 20/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I wonder why they've shown no female characters playable? Unless the blonde joins your party at some point.

11:52 20/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

As if FF's fanbase wasn't hugely comprised of girls to begin with? Bishis have always been a staple of the FF series, nothing new there. I remember reading a comic in PSM about two girls comparing Squall and Cloud for some reason and some guy overhears them and asks "are you two talking about who's the hotter FF hero?" and they say "no we're talking about which hero looks the most like a girl!".

16:35 21/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

The white wizard trolled everyone back in the day. Everyone.

13:51 20/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

This might sound homo but yeah the previous protagonists and antagonists from past FF games were better looking.

02:25 21/09/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

The only good looking characters in any FF since 7 have been the side characters.

14:57 22/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

The FF13 trilogy had some hot guys. I think they are still making up for the fact that everyone was bland looking and forgettable in FF12.

18:57 22/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Vann and Ashe were bland, and especially Penelo, but I'd love to see more characters like Fran and Balthier. Why can't SE ever take a chance and make characters with crazy designs like those as the leads and give them deeper stories? FFXIII took a nose dive as far as characters go compared to any other FF... I just wish they had made the MC someone more like Fang. Sazh was as much of a black stereotype as Barret was, wheres the person who designed Kiros or Raijin?

Nah, I think these guys look better.. even more realistic in comparison. Better style too. Tidus looked like he got dressed in a blender.

15:19 20/09/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Wasn't Tidus' outfit his team's uniform or something? He was just unlucky that Sin didn't swallow up his wardrobe. :)

16:10 20/09/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

So what they want it to be turn based or something? They want the heroes to stand on the left and the enimies on the right and take turns hitting each other?

16:39 21/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Of course not, that would just be silly...

The heroes are the ones on the right; the enemies are on the left.

15:18 20/09/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Goddammit At least make more female characters instead of this sausage fest, I want to switch out all the males and have my harem!

11:55 21/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

In that aspect, Final Fantasy Type-0 got the ratio right at least.

16:56 20/09/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

fujoshi approved.