Hatsune Miku to Debut on The Late Show

Miku-AmongFlowers-by-MorisawaHaruyuki

Holographic diva Hatsune Miku has resumed her conquest of the west by announcing an October 8th performance on “The Late Show with David Letterman” – her most high profile US TV appearance to date.

Earlier this year Miku had even served as the opening to one of Lady Gaga’s concerts, if not to very wide acclaim, and it is more than likely her Letterman performance will resemble the majority of Miku’s other live shows, utilizing “holographic” technology to project the virtual diva on stage to sing for her adoring fans, or in this case bewildered barbarians.

A short video of one of Miku’s earlier concerts for the absent-minded:

For those in the west itching to witness Miku’s virtual self in the not-so-existent flesh may wish to take advantage of her upcoming LA and NY concerts – to be held on the 11th, 12th, 17th and 18th of October.

Just how the majority of the US will react to Hatsune Miku’s virtual glory is perhaps best left unsaid, but greater fame or infamy certainly await.

20:17 18/09/2014 # ! Quality (+1.0)

AH miku has gotten so popular! i remember her just a little MMD model and look at her now! so much love for her! =3

04:07 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I just wish that the leading representation of vocaloid didn't have to look like her... it's just continuing to perpetuate loli culture that's been growing more popular by the day.

09:02 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

you say that but getting married and having kids at 14-15 was the norm until about one hundred years ago or so
    id say that waiting until 25-30 is much more unnatural

02:34 22/09/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

actually, we are all gonna die of over population. With how fast people are reproducing and not dying. Look at our world population now compared to 100 or 200 years ago.

03:09 20/09/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

japan certainly has a major birth rate problem and so are most european countries
    and the so called first world is suffering from a lack of manpower and lack of tax payers which is why things like the fear of social security collapsing is a real issue

also look up the definition of pedophilia and then see if you can call me or the people who like miku or whatever pedo shits

19:58 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

and woman still go through menopause and become infertile around 40-50
    just because we live unnatural long lives now due to modern medicine doesnt mean that society norms should change
    why do you think the so called western civilized nations are all having birth rate problems now?
    its because people wait to damn long to start trying and end up becoming infertile

03:09 20/09/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

13:33 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Society worked different hundreds of years ago. You died at around 35, so getting married at 15 was basically in the middle/peak of your life.

Modern society has different norms for good reasons. And they will continue to change,

I'm sure you can list lots of thing that once where considered normal, but either have been deemed wrong or unneseccary nowadays by yourself.

lol, someone finally decides to downvote/upvote... where are you? come out and respond, coward. I will never believe that there are no lolicon on this site that have tons of real CP on their computers. It's so obvious that there's tones of real pedos visiting this site, even if most of them just lurk. Whenever you guys try to justify your hopes for humanity letting you get your dirty hands on children, you sound as crazy as terorists, you know that?

@2:34 - exactly what one of these downvoted posts said, and yet you guys want more girls available for men to reproduce with??

Are you implying earths population is too small? That we are going extinct? "western civilized nations have birth rate problems"... I normaly hear that argument from homophobes...
    There is no problem, there are enough children and adults on this world that need a save country, a save home. Take care of these first before whining about women deciding when to give birth.
    And guess what, western nations are not in the need of 10 children per household. Like you said, medicine improved, if you get a kid, it doesn't die within the first 3 years. You don't need to have 5 children to to work on the fields and save your future. And that's a first world privilege. Nowadays you get kids out of emotional reasons, to pass on the torch. Women aren't birth machines anymore. You live in the wrong times if you want to fuck 14 year olds, pedo shit. (well, or wrong country)

Preach on, pedo. Sugar also used to be a dietary supplement. Why don't we do it anymore? Cuz we're smarter now. Anyways, pointless and irrelevant comment, and you might as well be trying to convert me to Scientology.

@19:58 - Oh dear, women become infertile at 40 or 50! That means grown men should ideally be having sex with teenagers! Never mind all those decades in between 20 and 50. YEAH THAT MAKES SENSE. And nooo, teenage pregnancies never have any problems! They're ideal! Who needs school and a bright future when you can drop out to deal with an accidental pregnancy? Wow, seriously now, living longer is far from the only reason we figured out that teenagers having sex is really stupid (even with teenagers amongst themselves, although that's impossible to completely prevent from happening... and yeah, between you and another teen, guess who a teen is likely gonna chose? Sorry lolicons). @03:09 - umm, having less people on this earth can actually be a good thing in the long run for humanity, especially if it happens naturally with decreased birthrates rather than due to some mass death event. And informally, the word "pedophile" has come to be synonymous with pretty much what "lolicon" is, which encompass pedophilia, ephibophilia, and hebephilia. To the general public (and definitely to concerned parents), it's all the same shit, and really it might as well be. You do your research with a heavy bias, that's why your perceptions of fact and reality are so skewed. I actually once tried to defend anime lolicons before I read deeper into it, I'll have you know. I still kinda do, actually, as long as they realize that they're dealing with a real problem, a truly dark and unfortunate fetish/orientation (lets hope it really isn't an orientation or they're the most doomed group of people in existence), one that they should wish they were cured of. They should feel lucky that they're free to enjoy so much 2D animated CP thanks to Japan, because they could easily not even have that to relieve their urges to. The ban hammer is constantly floating above even 2D CP, so I wouldn't push my luck or take things for granted if I were you guys. This stuff should really be regulated so that it's "underground", not out in the open like it's no big deal where it's mixed in with all the normal stuff out there. Also Miku DOES promote lolita ideas, even if she's not supposed to be a loli by definition. There's even real grown women AND cross-dressing men out there who promote and glamorize the lolicon fetish through lolita fashion. It's the sexualization of the unsexy, of the innocent and sexless, of the unready and underdeveloped. It's purposely going against nature, just like the pollution we create. It goes against the social balances, just like the balance we effect when we take too much from nature. All these problems need to be rectified by humanity. I see it as no different from necrophillia and rape. Besides that all of that, Miku is just another bland, silly, unoriginal, and typical anime design.

04:13 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

O.o Miku isnt really a loli tho?

10:08 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

@09:26
    Judge real people by their looks isn't safe either. Have sex with a girl that looks 18 can still send you to jail if her real age is 14 and some 25 years old people looks underage.

10:35 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

@10:08, woah dude, I wasn't talking about real life, I was only talking about anime character designs! lol. I've never met a jailbait girl before in real life and I'm sure I never will, I don't really go for cute/young features anyways and I've always preferred women older than me.

09:11 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

yoko is 14

later corrected that she is 14 in stupid years, but 18 in normal years. take it as you wish

07:34 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

@07:28 - yeah Yoko is a weird case... she really seems 18 to me.

12:09 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Imagine being offered sex by a girl who looks fourteen, and rejecting her out of fear of the law, only to later discover that she is actually eighteen. The regret would be insurmountable it's not worth the risk to pass up such an opportunity.

09:26 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

@09:11 - I've given up on trusting Japanese character designers when it comes to ages. They are as old as the look to me going simply off just plain logic, I don't care if their creator says they're 13, 18, or 18000. Little girls are little girls if they look like little girls. If it looks like a duck and talks like a duck...

11:43 25/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

If it looks like a duck and talks like a duck your high go home.

13:23 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

@12:09 - I don't care if she's 18, a girl that looks 14 doesn't sound appealing to me at all. You're talking like looking 14 is the epitome of female sexuality.

07:28 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

16. But that is saying a whole lot. I mean Yoko Ritna in Gurren Lagan is 16.

07:28 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

isnt*

07:19 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

If you can give me her age, confirmed by her creator, then we can decide. Otherwise it can easily be up for debate and the individual's perception.

06:36 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Miku is Petite you dumbfart. She's not loli.

(finally showed up, comment 7:18, around 6 hours after I posted it)

maybe you don't but I KNOW a ton of people do, and fap with that in mind

I gave you the perfect reply to explain my previous post, but it won't show up yet, dammit SanCom... I've had this problem on here for years, fix it already! I dont wanna risk a post repeating myself (maybe this post won't show up either) so I'm not gonna explain myself again.

Did I even call her a loli? Nope. I did mention "loli culture", though. Even if a grown woman dressed in lolita fashion, wouldn't that be perpetuating loli culture? Loli and moe ideas are inherent to Miku's design. Anyways, does anyone even know how old Miku is? Besides, even if she is supposed to be a petit woman, that's no reason to try to make yourself look like a little girl. I just wish they had made a character that was more original and creative, not something so typical of anime. I'd choose Hello Kitty over Miku anyday to represent Japan (cute culture isn't anywhere near as messed up as loli culture is).

11:14 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

There's a difference between a loli and a petite teenager. Miku is the former. Also, there's no "loli culture". It's all just anime culture. Some people like cute girls, that's all lol.

07:55 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Miku? Loli culture? I don't get it. You could make that argument for Rin, but she's not the leading face of Vocaloid.

08:00 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

she's definitely moe though

08:06 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Not every woman needs to look like a linebacker asshole

08:16 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

linebacker...? I don't get what you mean. Who mentioned linebackers? So if a female character doesn't look loli-ish then she has to look like a.... football player?

02:35 22/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

ooo a woman with linebacker abs

07:32 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

It's the twintails, right? I can't stand twintails. I rather it have been Luka or Meiko!

07:32 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Miku is loli and she should stay that way. Loli should keep growing since its the best shit ever

They are going to try and ridicule Miku, I guarantee it.

11:33 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope they do.

07:29 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

How could you not?

She doesnt need to be ridiculed. The amount of people that treat her as a god bring enough shame

Pretty much. Still not even sure what "miku" is supposed to even be.

01:13 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Why Sankaku guys' report sounds so pessimistic about Miku's popularity in US?? FYI Sankaku, Miku fanbase in US are VERY HUGE!! The Second Biggest after Japan!! And the biggest Miku Fanpage in the world are Mikufan.com whose founder is JR Harbort, and he is AMERICAN. Miku will be doing just fine in US, and I believe this show with David Letterman will cement her popularity there.

06:19 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

You'd think that an event such as this would be better suited to be on Jimmy Kimmel Live. He's the guy with the ratings these days! David Letterman is so yesteryear.

Either way this is something I'd never imagine happening.

00:52 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

The barbarian races will not understand, they will not comprehend, no more so than a deer understands oncoming headlights. The new world order of the enlightened otaku will be upon them before they know what hit them.

10:37 20/09/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Do you realize that the founder of the biggest Miku Fanpage in the world "Mikufan.com" is AMERICAN? If you think American won't like Miku, you are DEAD WRONG, in fact America is the 2nd biggest fanbase and market of VOCALOID

10:48 20/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

And America is the #1 buyer of the Albums sold at KARENT

02:36 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

do you even have a life? you complain about anything and always posting on every article

15:02 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

You seem to be a bit paranoid. You also seem to recognize him from "every article". Do you have a life?

05:41 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

This Anonymous asshole. He always comments and complains. What a wanker. Hey Anonymous get a life.

08:04 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

@05:41 - maybe he figured him out and singled him out from other anons through the language he was using, like saying "barbarian races"

14:53 19/09/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

maybe he ran an analysis on grammar use and behavioral patterns and determined beyond a reasonable doubt that this is in fact the same anon posting in every article... or maybe he's just an idiot raging at smoke.

... for some reason I'm leaning towards the latter.

You seem a bit paranoid, and you seem to recognize him from "every article". Do you have a life?

Otaku means nerd, and the worthwhile nerds, the ones that matter have actually already taken over the world, including in Japan and the US. Get out from under your rock. You were left behind, brah!