Sakura Spirit “Steamiest VN Yet”

SakuraSpirit-VisualNovel-English-2

SakuraSpirit-VisualNovel-English-10

SakuraSpirit-VisualNovel-English-5

Despite its foxy content and barbarian origins, Sekai Project has seen fit to bless Sakura Spirit with a Steam release – challenging both the censors with its reliance on boobs rather than ultra-violence, and the tastes of reviewers it would seem…

Although unfortunately lacking writing as appealing as its girls, the title may well make up for even this:

SakuraSpirit-VisualNovel-English-1

SakuraSpirit-VisualNovel-English-2

SakuraSpirit-VisualNovel-English-3

SakuraSpirit-VisualNovel-English-4

SakuraSpirit-VisualNovel-English-5

SakuraSpirit-VisualNovel-English-6

SakuraSpirit-VisualNovel-English-7

SakuraSpirit-VisualNovel-English-8

SakuraSpirit-VisualNovel-English-9

SakuraSpirit-VisualNovel-English-10

SakuraSpirit-VisualNovel-English-11

Steam reviews offer plenty of insight into the game’s ample charms:

“Boobs made me buy this game 10/10.”

“Still a better game than Call of Duty Ghosts”

“My friend got me this game, I swear.”

“This game is the best example on why video games are the highest art form known to man.”

“Fastest game i’ve completed,
Start game, hold down spacebar, win.
11/10 would speedrun again.”

“10/10 Boobies and booty
0/10 Have to look behind me before clicking”

“My friend told me i didnt had the balls to buy it…guess hes wrong now.”

“I lost all respect from my friends for fox girls and lame references…10/10 would buy again”

“Writing this with one hand”

“As a girl, I don’t understand the story.”

“All that text made it rather hard to focus on the ample plot devices; still, there’s an option to turn that off. 8/10”

05:30 13/07/2014 # ! Quality (+1.0)

I liked the art and decided I wanted to support it, got it and now it is downloading.

I hope that the Japanese developers of such games also get the hint and start making their games more available

Comment by Naoe
    06:41 13/07/2014 # ! Good (+0.6)

Remember Rapelay?
    The scars are still deep, and plenty of websites are still IP banning foreign IPs.

They need a guarantee that any game that they make won't be scrutinized.

and honestly people still underestimate VNs and most don't even consider them as games.

09:24 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

IP bans are meaningless though. Square Enix banned all foreign IPs connecting to DQX yet people, with skills still play.

10:38 13/07/2014 # ! Good (+0.6)

"with skills", LOL
    I wouldn't consider VPN as a skill.

13:56 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

I said they banned all foreign IPs, you can't physically connect to the game with a non Japanese IP.

Hi dullard. First... look up sarcasm. Then look up VPN. Then slap yourself.
    Second... learn how to use a comma. "...yet people, with skills still play." Holy crap. You suck.

09:25 13/07/2014 # ! Drivel (-1.0)

All rapelay fans player developers need to go to jail for that shit

15:23 13/07/2014 # ! Good (+0.8)

I guess they'll be joined in jail by all the CoD, GTA etc players then, since ya know, they kill people in those games...

Right? Right?

Or why limit it to games, anyone who watches a violent movie/TV series should go to jail as well.

Game of Thrones, I hardly knew ye...

09:38 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

But they won't go to jail. How does the real world feel?

09:43 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

They're in virtual jail already, their virtual victims saved and virtual gods destroyed.

IMO, throw in anti-pedophile shit for good trolls on sankaku.

06:14 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I'd get it, but then everyone in my friends list would know I'm a degenerate. Piracy it is.

Comment by Naoe
    13:15 13/07/2014 # ! Quality (+0.8)

If your friends judge for what you like, then they are not your friends.

19:51 14/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

No, he's right. Get real friends, instead of the shit for "friends" you have already or stay the fuck away from this.

09:10 14/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

pfft, hahaha. you're so full of shit.

09:08 13/07/2014 # ! Good (+0.6)

Your friends already know you're a degenerate. Don't be a shit head and pay for the game.

06:47 13/07/2014 # ! Good (+0.6)

@06:14

Lol does it matter? I mean on my PS3/Vita I have quite a lot of fanservicey games on my profile, I couldn't care less if people know I like Idolmaster games, Mugen Souls etc.

Comment by Mitchell
    03:13 19/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I hope so there's around 1000 Japanese and other games I cant play cause I don't speak the language. Hope they see how many fans there are just waiting for them.

07:15 13/07/2014 # ! Drivel (-1.0)

If you like this you are sick and suffer of mentally deseases or ur a pedo

07:39 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

...seriously? What fucking pedo would want THOSE tits!? What are you, a fucking retard? Or are you a fucking...nope, retard covers it pretty goddamn good. But yes, by definition, no pedo would be interested in ANY of the girls shown here, not with there, ahem, plentiful "plot devices".

10:05 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Drawings != Reality.

Most of us can tell the difference. You're obviously too retarded or inbred for that. (British)

Comment by HouseLife
    07:59 13/07/2014 # ! Good (+0.4)

I'm hoping the poster was being ironic. I bought it to support the westernization of VNs as well (at reasonable prices, $7.50 is definitely a price I'll pay over any over for VNs, it's a bit tougher at $50 normally).

It appears to be the first game for this indie company too to localize (I assume they localized it). Recettear was a wonderful, wonderful surprise, so I've bought every game that company released too. Haven't played more than Recettear yet though. I'd better, otherwise A HOODLUM IS GOING TO STEAL MY CYUUUUUTNEEEEESSS!!

Comment by HouseLife
    04:32 14/07/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

@ Chrouya

Good to know, thanks for correcting me. Non-Japanese visual novels shouldn't be a four-letter word in my opinion. I'll be happy to support people who go for some form of quality and take steps to do something outside their comfort zone.

I plan to write a comic (guess I can't officially call it manga since it won't be Japanese, even if I work in that style) in the near future, so I hope to receive support as well. May as well work on the 'pay it forward' methodology.

15:26 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Any time someone needs to preface his comment with the weasel word "clearly", his comment always turns out to be dubious and untrue.

19:54 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

To HouseLife:
    The only mistake you're making is that you believe this is a Japanese visual novel, whereas it is actually an Original English Language Visual Novel (commonly abbreviated as OELVN). The only thing Japanese about this title, is that the artist is from Japan. So this is not a localization, it was made in America to begin with. You could, for example, put it together with all the titles of Winter Wolves or Hanako Games. Feel free to buy all of their games on Steam too if you want to promote the OELVN database on there.

- Chrouya

07:55 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

They are clearly underage u idiot

07:45 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

you're a fucking faggot, you know that?

Comment by HouseLife
    08:18 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

>They are clearly underage u idiot

I'm not actually being facetious when I ask what you're basing that on? They may be the default anime teens with dynamite breasts, but unless I was told otherwise I'd default to them being at least late teens early 20s based on body shape alone. Those are not teen hips, those are birthing hips.

This day and age you can go Sasami and make a 12-year-old be millenia old, or you can make them like dogs' age and they're only 3 but look mid-20s, but either way it doesn't matter.

If one of my friends were shallow enough to want to treat me like a lesser person based on a game in my library without asking me about it, then I wouldn't consider them a true friend anyway.

08:16 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

the only thing underage is your brain

08:26 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

My 25 years old cousin and 26 years old sister look younger than these girls.

08:47 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

... why are you here?

09:44 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

HA! Just as I write a comment on improved sancom trolling here it is, just throw in "pedo" and people jump for the troll bait.

10:58 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Kids don't have tits like that. :>

19:52 14/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Why the fuck are you even on this site? Get the fuck out. Now.

Comment by Fonzer
    01:52 14/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Look at this trollish mangina faggot calling stuff pedo that are not pedo.

07:59 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

You're the only mentally challenged moron here.
    "stop liking what I don't understand".

09:51 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

He's right! We must protect the purity of our blood from the contamination of Untermensch, only then can we be a master-race.

07:54 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Please kill yourself.

Either that or castrate yourself.

Either way, please refrain from contaminating the gene pool.

08:04 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Someone's got anger issues. Unhappy childhood? lol. I suggest yoga. Take up boxing or something.

09:23 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

More like you're just angry because this isn't a VN with guys @08:04

09:08 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

Why the fuck does the word ''pedo'' keep appearing? Do people that say that even watch anime? Girls always looked cutesy and short like this, but that doesn't mean they're children! *facepalm*

19:53 14/07/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

I guess the gays feel the need to insult the lolicons or "Pedos". Tis the world we live in.

21:24 14/07/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

>the gays

More like the middle-aged landwhales.

Comment by Wierd Guy
    10:58 13/07/2014 # ! Good (+0.4)

Still a better game than Call of Duty Ghosts”

Lol

Comment by TNinja
    05:59 13/07/2014 # ! Good (+0.4)

"11/10 would speedrun again"

Ok that was pretty good.

13:45 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

KIMOCHI II ZE

01:17 14/07/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.4)

I am so gonna play this for the plot :)

01:20 14/07/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

If you want to play a VN on Steam that is much more about the gameplay and story, check out Sunrider: First Arrival. Part of the game is turn based strategy with mechs, so there is actually stuff to *do* in the game besides read text. You do have the opportunity to pursue relationships with the crew members, on a level similar to Mass Effect I would say. Also, it is free. Not "Free to Play", where you need to pay money to get the good stuff. It is totally free thanks to the Kickstarter backers who paid for the whole thing.

Comment by Rain
    05:40 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

"Now I can show my Steam friends what I masturbate to..."

They removed the best and most helpful Steam review :c

Comment by John Hayabusa
    06:00 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I am very tempted to buy this one. Looks to be one of the best VNs on Steam yet.

Comment by Chen-04
    06:11 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Where's the obligatory loli? Anything should have an obligatory loli.

08:27 13/07/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Or at least a petite flat chest faux loli

Loli ? Your a sick pedo hope u rot in hell