Gurren Lagann Art Works Released

gurren-lagann-art-works-14

Anime fans are finally getting another artbook classic English release, this time in the form of “Gurren Lagann Art Works” – and this being Gurren Lagann, Yoko‘s prominent features form the focus of more than a few of the works included…

The book, published by Udon and running to 136 pages, collects a variety of rare and obscure official artwork into one volume:

gurren-lagann-art-works-1

gurren-lagann-art-works-2

gurren-lagann-art-works-3

gurren-lagann-art-works-4

gurren-lagann-art-works-5

gurren-lagann-art-works-6

gurren-lagann-art-works-7

gurren-lagann-art-works-8

gurren-lagann-art-works-9

gurren-lagann-art-works-10

gurren-lagann-art-works-11

gurren-lagann-art-works-12

gurren-lagann-art-works-13

gurren-lagann-art-works-14

Gurren Lagann Art Works is available now.

17:55 14/05/2014 # ! Good (+0.6)

A bit late :P
    I bought the original japanese release 5years ago, for the same price as this.

The book only has artworks and no text at all, so they did not have translate it

Yeah, it's best to get Japanese versions of everything. When they're translated to English they also dumb it down and take out a bunch of things.

07:32 16/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

This is the dumbest fucking reply I've ever seen

Comment by Mauvais
    10:49 17/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Dumb it further!

Comment by Chen-04
    17:12 14/05/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Interesting. Wouldn't have guessed anyone to think they could cash in on a seven year old anime.. in the west. I mean.. this one isn't exactly Evangelion if you know what I mean..

17:43 14/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

naw man. you still see Gurren Lagann referenced frequently in the west, give it some time and it will be up there with EVA and Cowboy Bebop as canonized classics to the westerners

18:26 14/05/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

One word. Overrated.

03:52 16/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Hold on, You guys do know Gurren Lagaan is one of the most popular anime in the west right? Its very far from niché. I really hate to come off as a dick but honestly if you consider Gurren Laggan a "hidden gem" or niché or even underrated I doubt you've seen enough anime to make such a call.

Comment by Chen-04
    05:34 22/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

>> You guys do know Gurren Lagaan
    >> is one of the most popular anime
    >> in the west right?

But can it compete with Pokemon? Naruto? One Piece?

20:33 14/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

What is this I don't even

Stupidity! If alot of people rates it highly, it deserves it's rating because it's good to THEM.
    Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean the rating is wrong. Don't blame your inabiliy to like a popular Anime on the notion that people would somehow rate it higher than they think it deserves.
    Or are you sheep that feel forced to like high rated stuff, but then get butthurt when it doesn't fit your taste?

Comment by Ruichi

TTGL is way underrated.

Wow, how can a niche anime be even "overrated". That's something reserved only to mainstream shows like SAO and SNK. These get too much popularity and praises when they were boring as fuck.

Comment by Chen-04
    03:59 21/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I've never seen a TTGL reference. Ever. Probably because most of the stuff worth referencing was referencing to even older anime in the first place.

Comment by yuriphoria
    18:23 14/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

ROW ROWwwwwo-kay I'll stop.

Wait, EVA is a canonized classic here?

02:36 17/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Row row fight the powah

05:23 17/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I always thought it was row row white the powah until i watched the anime.

06:30 15/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Can't do that last picture. She is 16.

08:32 15/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Technically it's only been 7 years since she was created.

But seriously, this whole thing about non-existences having human rights is pathetic. It's thought policing, plain and simple.

06:48 15/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

And with a body like that, she's ready for it.

...if you know what I mean.

21:33 14/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Yoko our Goddess *¬*

Comment by Otherwise-Six
    01:39 15/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Is TTGL seriously considered a "niche" show? And not a classic!? I feel like I'm being trolled a bit right now but I guess that might be because I've known about and loved this series for so long.

I just assumed it was a staple classic anime. I've never talked to an anime fan that hasn't seen it. Personally I put this above EVA or Cowboy Bebop but those are both great anime as well. I just love the over-the-top hype this show brings me.

06:06 15/05/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Most anime is niche, especially outside of Japan. It's easier to believe a series is more popular than it actually is when you're constantly surrounding yourself with people that share the same interests as you.

This is why you sometimes see people complain using "I know plenty of people that -insert more crap here-" - the "plenty" of people they know are the people that probably use the same forum as them, or the handful of friends they may have in real life.

06:47 15/05/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

You mean most anime is niche to anyone over the age of 40. It goes to reason that anyone 35 y/o and under knows of at least a few titles.

18:22 15/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Anon 6:06 got it right.

It's a cult classic. I know only a handful of people from my classmates and friends and relatives who have even heard or watch TTGL. Not many people can appreciated the over the top action that TTGL brings. It has such a small fanbase compared to the others out there, especially yeah outside of Japan.

04:16 15/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Gurren Lagann is great at first, but it really goes downhill and gets ridiculous after ... dies and ... becomes a teacher.

05:51 15/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I actually liked it more after that. I started to dislike the series when everyone started dropping like flies in space.

14:24 22/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

obviously you didn't watch the second movie. very different version of the whole space battle. if you haven't seen the movies, particularly the second, you have not seen TTGL.