Kuinaki Sentaku

The titanic popularity of Shingeki no Kyojin continues to snap necks and crush lesser manga – this time having won the unusual accolade of a lowly spin-off manga which managed to shift 500,000 copies and is hurriedly being reprinted to meet demand, in the form of “Shingeki no Kyojin: Kuinaki Sentaku”…

The first volume of Levi gaiden Shingeki no Kyojin: Kuinaki Sentaku has managed 500,000 copies, and ARIA, the monthly magazine it is serialised in, has reportedly increased the size of its print run tenfold after the first three issues carrying the new story sold out completely.

This compares not unfavourably to the 13th volume of Shingeki no Kyojin proper – which managed an initial run of 2.75 million copies.

Kuinaki Sentaku

kill you faster

Comment by Shadow C
    04:19 22/04/2014 # ! Quality (+0.8)

Being milked to death is now a 100% guarantee.

07:51 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Well, he can start playing Im@s and pull off a Miura in a couple of years, so don't worry...

04:48 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

ah but babbling about controlling and security and monopolication......

04:57 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

A positive being the studio refuses to make another season until they have the material to do so. No filler for the sake of filler.

Comment by jindo ko
    04:16 22/04/2014 # ! Good (+0.6)

Let us see how long this hype gonna last.

06:09 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, hype...

It simply is not cheap echi/moe shit as 99% of the rest is and on top of that interesting.

06:13 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Hype is part of it, as soon as you get a following, you'll be successful for a long time. Look at how the Index/Railgun anime shows do really well in Japan, while it takes a while to get another anime, each Railgun volume has averaged over 12,000 sold. Index did well too. Shows with a following will always do well.

07:00 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

who cares, the guy's rich now.

08:57 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

hopefully not long, I am so sick of this shit.

04:54 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Yet not one studio has made a quality game of it. These days you either get a visual novel, or a very badly done platformer(Exceptions being Naruto, One Piece, Sword Art Online(In a way), and Bleach).

22:29 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, they have made one fairly crappy and unimaginative game. There is also that fan made game that requires actual skill and is pretty unique. Only issue with the fan made one is that it will always be fairly limited in scope, being a one man project.

13:59 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

there is that fanmade game that is pretty decent. Is it really suprising though? It isnt like hollywood movies turn into good games either.

07:27 14/05/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Hell yeah, Levi!

Comment by Dvv
    23:42 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Thats like saying "X-men So Popular Even a Spin-Off Sold a lot" with the spin-off being Wolverine.

10:31 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I with you, I wanna turn this clean freak idiot into a jean pant.

06:44 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

The question is will it take the US by storm during its Toonami run....

Can the dub translate even better the emotional impact of the first 7 episodes.... We're about to find out boys. :)

12:14 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I haven't watched it but I always found the animes dubs in America horrible on average and passable in the best cases. And no neither English nor Japanese are my native language.

14:01 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Its big amoungst the crowds who watch anime in america already. It wont go mainstream of course but neither will any cartoon unless its a movie by pixar.

12:09 23/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

The English dubs for an anime will seem bad if you've seen at least a couple episodes of the anime already with its original dubs, I've noticed. Same thing goes vice-versa. If people watch the English dub first, they might still prefer that dub instead of the original. I know how much I dislike the Highschool DxD English dub, but that's because I've seen the original first, so I became accustomed to watching it in the original subtitled Japanese dub. The opposite for me is true for Hetalia. I got so attached to the English dub, that when I found and watched Hetalia: Beautiful World (which doesn't have an official dub at the time of me posting this), I only got a few minutes into it and had to turn it off because I didn't like the original voices (the art style was also a contributor, but it was mostly the fact that it wasn't English dubbed) .

12:11 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Their aren't any naked children being fucked mute in this anime so... No.

Comment by josh
    05:11 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

So far it has been a pretty good manga (I'm at chapter 52) still waiting for more chapters to come out since every new chapter makes me want to read the new one asap. I just hope for better character development for mikasa, I don't know what people see in her that makes her so great, don't get me wrong I like her but she is so overrated, she needs better character development and when it ends hopefully it has a conclusion and not an ending that leaves everyone speculating.

15:03 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Pulling a Dan Brown was a dick move

10:11 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

How bout SAO, the hype died down?

11:16 23/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

sao was just a bunch of waifushit anyway

10:22 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Nope, but since the last story arc has been unfinished for a long time, it's keeping a lot of people from even starting it...

08:32 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

And here I am, having hated it.

08:56 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

It's a shame that people who hate it get disregarded as 'trolls' who only hate it because they're trying to be cool, because I legitimately dislike this series.
    The writing is honestly really bad, half the characters look the same, the art in the manga is -terrible- (the anime at least improves this, as well as making some of the characters distinguishable from eachother), the characters themselves are bland and uninteresting (barring maybe Mikasa, but even she's getting dull now) and the original artist is a bit of a moron. It should have ended ages ago, and I'm beginning to wonder if the editors are forcing him to keep going with it since it prints money.
    Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it at the start (although I never understood why everyone treated it like something so fresh and ground-breaking and revolutionary when it was basically the same shonen formula with some enhancements) but its really gone downhill in the last 10 or so chapters. It's disheartening to see people calling this the best anime of the decade, or that its 'saving anime', just because it isnt a mindless moeblob show.
    Kids these days.

19:30 23/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Hear, hear. It's not the worst series ever, but the plot is complete nonsense and the characterizations are paper-thin. The "conspiracy" storyline introduced in recent chapters makes it play like a retarded, guro-obsessed Fullmetal Alchemist.

07:01 24/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Complete nonsense? Since when have a lot of anime shows had a coherent plot lolol

09:21 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Man, I swear Attack on Titan is overrated now.

17:00 22/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

It is only overrated because the rating is too damn high and by that i mean like... the highest i've ever seen. It have fundamental values to it, unlike the other overrated ones.

05:58 23/04/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Why do you think people give it a high rating? This anime/manga appeals to Lots of people.

Fucking Zombie movie with OVERHUGE designs
    Been over this shit,
    Hard to tell people to get over it.

Bath Salt mental issues.
    And ppl who toss money at idiots.

You want a real anime.

Design one with the shit you see in the news.
    The bad shit that is over hyped and someone kills themselves in the end.

That is real plot there.

AKA justin beiber praying at shrine without knowing what its for. (Mistake yes, did he have a tour guide)? Eat shit all I say.

Won't read or watch another Zombie bullshit like this series at all or sweat hating on shit.

You can make him rich all you want.
    Not worth the paper people boil alcohol for ink or carbon used to make pencils with.