Nisekoi Shafted

nisekoi-1-omake-5

nisekoi-1-12

nisekoi-1-43

With Monogatari over for the time being, Shaft brings forth another “nise” anime, taking the form of Nisekoi – an anti-Romeo-and-Juliet love comedy involving the fake arranged relationship between rival Yakuza boss heirs – produced with Shaft’s signature animation-style and likely in for an inevitable BD Shafting if the quality of the first episode is anything to go by.

nisekoi-1-1

nisekoi-1-omake-15

nisekoi-1-omake-16

nisekoi-1-omake-17

nisekoi-1-omake-18

nisekoi-1-omake-19

Comment by Goldsickle
    12:31 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

Must have been awesome news to the author when it was announced.

His other serialization, Double Arts was canceled abruptly but he managed to create another manga series that's good enough to have it's own animated adaptation.

06:45 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

It not bad just doesn't bring nothing at all to the table.

02:09 16/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

So....it brings something to the table?

12:16 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

As a fan of the manga since its first appearance, I would have to say that I am currently not a huge fan of the first episode. Yes, its beautiful while doing justice to the original art and fantastic facial expressions. Its the "monogatari style" frame transitions that bug me the most (which I also think is the cause of the current rage fest). Simply put: ITS OVERUSED!

Monogatari used these excessive (I think is called) "action-to-action" shots which drove action where there was none while giving key perspectives that would tell volumes at times that was quiet. It was well done in conveying subtly while here it overlapped! Nisekoi has the subtly of a stop sign with a ringing freight train behind it, there was too much happening for the same scene. We are constantly having to pay attention to the camera, content and characters in way that does not blend. THAT is a problem for any viewer.

I am willing to give this a second chance, a third and possibly more. Hopefully the animators and directing heads understand what has been lost and little gain in their current "style". I think if they become more careful then they can avoid the storm that is born from a vastly unhappy fraction of the fandom. They are only part of the people who watch, but they should be minded because there IS cause for their behaviour that is not the fault of their rabidness, but the steps made by the animators.

I love the manga, the story, but the show has obvious points to be tweaked.

14:26 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

This style is all SHAFT can and ever will do. It's why I hate the company so much. All their animes are exactly the same. Emotionless, overused visual styles that are downright annoying. Whenever I see a manga get done by SHAFT, I cry at the bad luck of its creator for having such an awful fucking team do their creation.

17:15 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.1)

You took the words off my mouth. That's exactly the type of despair I felt when it was announced that Shaft was gonna animate Nisekoi.

13:40 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

I must say that I was disapointed. This series has some very funny moments and over the top characters some times. So I was expecting something among the lines of Seto no Hanayome. But after this I was like "meh I choose the manga"
    I feel like the manga was like watching Minamike first season and this was the second season, very diferent from what i remember seen.
    If the next two episodes dont make me smille, at the very least, im gonna skip it.

Comment by fxc2
    06:18 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Pretty amazing how this series managed a total of 3 lines in English without totally fucking up grammar or something.

07:08 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

That is English language problem, having no proper grammar and being capable of borrowing any word from any language without changing it.

10:19 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Exactly. Just the same as Japanese. Two messed up thing toether normally causes chaos...

04:25 16/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

enjoy your censored tvrips, beta testers

Comment by Naoe
    21:09 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

My problem with this isn't with Shaft itself but the Shaft Fanboys who keeps on saying the animation is perfect for Nisekoi, but failed to explain why it's perfect.

The Worst I see is when those people thinks that Nisekoi won't even have a chance without SHAFT.

Comment by yuriphoria
    23:18 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Shaft was perfect for *monogatari because that was a pretty weird story with a very cerebral script. Words did most of the work and the whole thing was meant to feel surreal.

They would make a hell of a job with another Haruhi Suzumiya season for example. But their style simply not good for Nisekoi and peronsally, I don't even like what they did with Madoka Magica.

Comment by Moread
    10:08 16/01/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

"I don't even like what they did with Madoka Magica."

Consider they made Madoka, they didn't really do anything with it since it was original created by them (Gen Urobuchi)

13:10 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Bakamonogatari Anime style works for.. Bakamonogatari Anime & makes it unique. A comedy in this style~~~~~~
    Weak Fuckin' sauce

07:13 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

according to za anime all Japanese High schoolers are incapable of using and understanding English expect for "haroo". to what extent is this true?

Comment by John Hayabusa
    07:05 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Chitoge looks like a matured Regina (Doki Doki PreCure) or Ichigo (Aikatsu!).

Comment by yuriphoria
    23:11 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (-0.2)

Toshino Kyuoko!

Comment by Ishmon16
    06:39 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

The feel of bakemonogatari is too strong. i dont like this :(

06:26 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Nisekoi is extremely light on service, shaft is playing up whatever they can

08:41 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Can't wait for Marika!

17:07 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Kana Asumi as Marika. Hell yeahhhhhh!!

19:54 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

She announced on her blog that she was getting married.
    May Nyarlathotep's new marriage last forever.

19:54 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Marika is definitely the reason I'm watching this show for.

15:54 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Can't wait for Loli Haru~

02:36 16/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

It's the ribbon on her head that makes it original.

Comment by sanimej
    14:50 16/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

So much SHAFT!

i think i'll stick to the manga... i'll watch this if the BD is released

Enjoyed the first episode more please!

Sloppy art/animation, bad source material
    A crappy anime overall

10:52 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Well, For each their own. I'm going to watch this because I enjoyed reading the manga. I can say it isn't the best one I have read but still liked the humor in it.

I don't have high expectations for it, though.

To the guy who said to wait for BD?
    It's like games these days. Wait for patches before you buy it. It is unacceptable. Product should be finished when it is released.

Peace.

Wait for bd release retard.
    And good job juding anime by first episode...wait sorry i forgot you are retarded .

08:23 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (+0.2)

somebody's mad

08:05 15/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

"Bad source material" means I read the manga, moron.
    You mad that I bashed your precious SHAFT animu?

18:38 16/01/2014 # ! Neutral (0)

Im mad you werent aborted.